Yuusha Party o Tsuihou Sareta Beast Tamer, Saikyou Shu Nekomimi Shoujo to Deau - Vol. 1 Ch. 2

Dex-chan lover
Couple of premises I'm confused from reading this series so far (some of it already being pointed out) :
1. Hero party kicked their gofer for being 'useless'? Assuming there is no storage magic who's gonna carry all the luggage from now on? The warrior? lol I bet the priest and mage wouldn't lift a single thing.
2. You got dragon/ spirit/ freaking god race in the world but the most common of all in other stories; the catgirl is the rarest and the strongest here?
3. Ignoring how fast she want to be in contract with him, the contracted beast need to say their name for it to came into effect so every beast can speak? Even all the animals in chapter 1?

Liu

@Kyujyu me add a few points to your list :
4. Catgirl offers her body through beast control to a stranger?
5. Why did the hero party accept him in the first place if he couldn't fight?
6. MC is a beast tamer, yet he summoned 0 beast during that fight against the tiger. Doesn't that mean that, through all those nearly 20 years of life he had, he never, not once, formed a contract with a beast? Then what was he doing all that time?

@Liu He can only tame beasts not summon them. During that incident with the tiger he specifically said that there are no animals around him to control.

Aggregator gang
@LeviAJ i mean natural selection would have it that the rarest species would be indeed the weakest at surviving , couple that with the fact that they basically are warriors (no magic) you got a recipe for extinction there

Dex-chan lover
Why is no one mentioning how the contract ceremony makes no sense? Since it's supposed to be designed to tame animals, how the fuck are they supposed to answer with their name? Unless being a beast tamer means you can somehow talk to animals, in which case the heroes REALLY fucked up by kicking him out.

Also, I hope we get to see some karma for the heroes later on, wouldn't feel right otherwise.

Dex-chan lover
@LeviAJ Read the title meaning. Literally said he met the strongest cat-eared race there.
@Liu Good addition except for the beast summon point, as LeviAJ said he is beast tamer not summoner, but I get your point, he doesn't have any tamed beast at all even though that was his job/skill...
@Doodads Already mention it. Either author just chipping in the slave craze or didn't think how stupid for that to work.

Dex-chan lover
@Kyujyu :
1) the hero was not always as strong as he is, or arrogant. Plus there might be more in their back stories.

They are on thinking about direct combat right now, not the logistics, and do not know how the MC is outside specs for a normal tamer
they have even rejected ideas the MC had in the past that were simply devastating to use, like using insects as a siege tactic to clear out areas, the MC given time to set up can tame enough of a swarm to disable a large area
2) strongest tier, not single strongest race itself. Plus I think her race is supposed to be the strongest in 1 area, not all areas
There are dragons, spirits, etc on the same tier with her, and the MC gets different buffs from the contract with those races
3) what he uses with the cat girl is a special taming ceremony, not what he normally uses
it gives him buffs based on the nature of what he uses it on
. It has been a while but iirc he does not keep animals tamed, preferring to use what is avaliable and release them when done.

Also about the Tiger
there are multiple categories of taming, everything falls under one, the MC is trained for 2 types, normal animals and insects (and capable of using them at siege levels given time), while every tamer outside his destroyed by demons home village can only tame one type and has other limitations rhe MC does not possess.
The tiger is not a normal animal, so a no go for the MC, and i think some types were only known in his village

Dex-chan lover
@sjmcc13 Thanks for the info. I really hate it when manga adaptation just cut out important details like that but keep the most generic events.
About number 3 though, that still didn't answer why it is a 'taming' skill as he can only use the taming ceremony with humanoid beast race that can talk. Also why not keep one or 2 animals as permanent companion, it beats looking for convenient animal in the vicinity to be used. Prime example here when something unexpected happened like the tiger attack and he couldn't get any animal so couldn't do anything.
Thats why he need to be protected in hero's party don't you think?

Users who are viewing this thread