Yuusha Party wo Tsuihousareta Hakuma Doushi, S Rank Boukensha ni Hirowareru ~Kono Hakuma Doushi ga Kikakugai Sugiru~ - Ch. 28

Dex-chan lover
I'm a little disappointed Arachne lady became more normal appearance-wise

Dex-chan lover
I bet what's likely to happen is another member of the mc's party get's a really nice new sword.
If it follows the usual formula, you'd have to kill the previous owner before it'll accept a new master ....which, actually, I'd be perfectly willing to see happen... :whistle:

Dex-chan lover
I'm a little disappointed Arachne lady became more normal appearance-wise
Honestly I totally agree, I got sad when the Sclera turned from black to white and such. too little mangas have decent monster humanoids that are well, monsterous as allies or friends.

Dex-chan lover
They did get the spider-girl into the party. Yay!
"Hmmm, we haven't jumped the shark lately...I know, let's make the monster as breedable-looking as we can, and then bring back the jerk that caused all of the problems from the start of the series!"
I quite like how this story is fast-paced and non-linear.

If it follows the usual formula, you'd have to kill the previous owner before it'll accept a new master ....which, actually, I'd be perfectly willing to see happen... :whistle:
We know the sword already accepted 4 living people, including the glasses guy and the ice wolf guy.
The "hero" title in this story seems to be like "a candidate for using the holy sword if shit hits the fan".

Kinda nice that they made the boss monster an ally. Still if the holy sword has the same rules as the holy staff.. how the heck is the douchebag hero able to equip it?
Probably because the criteria for equipping it do not include a kind heart. The sword is only "holy" because it's strong and has a grand history, not because it is literally made by god.
We are left thinking just what criteria the sword does use, and how it was MC's fault.

I forget, are the girls who are still hanging with the "hero" brainwashed or are they douches too? I remember the shield girl apologized
As far as we know, they are acting out of their free will. Most likely, they think it's too late to jump ship now, and they can only walk their path to the end and hope it's a good end.

Dex-chan lover
Oh cool
Dungeon boss spider ally get
she will be usefull later for sure

Dex-chan lover
Ya know what, even though it’s over the top by a factor of 10,000. Kinda want this hero to go out the way like Simon from Red Mage or curb-stomped into the ground like the other dumb hero from Exiled Warrior.

Dex-chan lover
The holy sword of a nation.... stolen... excellent security. There's not even a mention of anyone getting hurt in the process? Guards?
Placed more importance on the national treasure, which also happens to be arguably a man-portable weapon of mass destruction, from the look of them. Considering no one else is able to touch the thing, unless it's under the tightest of lockdowns, of course this would happen.

(say, encased in concrete, locked in a sealed artight Adamantine box, then sunk to a depth of maybe a few hundred meters in an underground lake, which is surrounded by natural bedrock, and the only passage is booby trapped by spells, and sealed by a 20-ton stone slab)

People probably can't even touch it enough to transport it and run easily if someone were to break in to steal it, like what just happened.

Dex-chan lover
Okay, hot take here. Aside from Lloyd's new scepter, the holy swords were created by the Gods, right? They designed them such that they're wielded by the heroes they chose, so they must fall under the Gods' criteria of being a hero. Can that criteria change due to a change in circumstances, however? Like, what if they have the swords choose 'heroes' for a different purpose?

Holy sword chooses asshole to wield it > abuses its power > leaves church/holy city in charge of holding the holy sword in flames > flames usually depicted as a method of 'cleansing' in purgatory.

In other words: the gods have chosen suitable 'heroes' to send the continent, or even the world, into purgatory to 'cleanse all of sin'. I rest my case. <( _ _ )>

Dex-chan lover
Okay, hot take here. Aside from Lloyd's new scepter, the holy swords were created by the Gods, right? They designed them such that they're wielded by the heroes they chose, so they must fall under the Gods' criteria of being a hero. Can that criteria change due to a change in circumstances, however? Like, what if they have the swords choose 'heroes' for a different purpose?

Holy sword chooses asshole to wield it > abuses its power > leaves church/holy city in charge of holding the holy sword in flames > flames usually depicted as a method of 'cleansing' in purgatory.

In other words: the gods have chosen suitable 'heroes' to send the continent, or even the world, into purgatory to 'cleanse all of sin'. I rest my case. <( _ _ )>
Sounds... very similar to what priests IRL say, when they try to weasel out of their god obviously being an amoral bastard.
If I was a god, I would avoid such micromanagement.

Double-page supporter
I am mostly... certain that i WILL NOT SEE THIS AGAIN,
Read 28 chapters found ONLY 2 interesting THAT'S literally it...😔😑
One of most annoying and worthless plot

Dex-chan lover
The diary literally said the staff chooses its wielder and Lloyd still called it luck that he picked it up

Dex-chan lover
Since the staff's creator lived in the ancient times, by the looks of it (the memoirs of the creator had folks wearing Greco-Roman style clothing, as opposed to everything seen elsewhere in the manga), the staff is also potentially ancient magic.

Contributor
To nobody's surprise the arachne became a new named character. The only surprise to me is that she became Claire's friend and servant, usually she'd become... property of the protagonist as is standard in stories like these.

Here comes the MC's protests... you tell him (literal) king, he should've been promoted as early as after he became the savior of Ishtar city. It was weird that he was still somehow D-rank after that.

Page 29 says Allen was chosen by the holy sword (when he became the hero, I presume), so that implies he became the wielder and thus he should already have it with him... but this contradicts with page 30 that says it was stolen. I suppose the Holy Church nation also confiscated the Holy Sword from him after his hero title got stripped, as that's the only way this would make sense, unless there are two holy swords.

Dex-chan lover
Well,

At first I was gonna say "Lloyd should just cast purifying magic on the undead", but now I'm just hoping he can cast purification on the spider lady and add her to the crew once she's made Good. But I know that's just a pipe dream here.

Need more (real)monstergirl party members in fantasy+isekai.

I'm glad she joined, but also bummed that they gave her transformation abilities and took away all her naturally-monstery characteristics. She transformed into an arachne for now, but I assume most of the time she'll just look like a normal human. Oh well.

Dex-chan lover
I assume that because of the “not anyone can touch or take it”, the guards weren’t that worried that someone could steal so at times the security wasn’t the best
Yep yep this exact ^

I mean if you had something that literally only 1 person out of your entire kingdom can use you wouldn’t really care about security but other than symbolism, all you really need to do is keep the area clean and know where the “hero” is.

Users who are viewing this thread