Yuusha Party wo Tsuihousareta Hakuma Doushi, S Rank Boukensha ni Hirowareru ~Kono Hakuma Doushi ga Kikakugai Sugiru~ - Ch. 31.1

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the new chapter!

I like their world for having people who are cynic when it comes to 'chosen' people. I played numerous RPGs and MMOs where I got OP items just by mere luck and happenstance. Though I would have to say, Lloyd's special staff is not necessarily one which chooses its owner, rather it simply kills wielders who don't have enough magic power to satisfy its void so there's credit due in that pointer.

Dex-chan lover
It seems pretty ill-adviced to even consider humouring the demons with their demands. Since it's the demons, they wouldn't honour their promises anyway. If the demons need to ask for favours like that, it means they don't possess enough power to see it done on their own, so their threats sound hollow as well. If the demons have a spy/assassin in the king's castle, getting rid of that infiltrator is the first priority, not agreeing to the demon's demands. After all, even if the king accepted the demand, the assassin could still act against him. Moreover, if he hands over two valuable assets, it means the human side will be made weaker, the demon side stronger, relatively. That would be a direct threat to the king's life, not to mention the lives of everybody else as well.

The king would be need to be a real coward and waste of skin to even think about it.

Dex-chan lover
they send a mage to fight a monster that counter mages
pretty much something for the demon threat... they took the OP mage away from the girl with the power to manipulate monster, so they reduced her defenses.

Dex-chan lover
It seems pretty ill-adviced to even consider humouring the demons with their demands. Since it's the demons, they wouldn't honour their promises anyway. If the demons need to ask for favours like that, it means they don't possess enough power to see it done on their own, so their threats sound hollow as well. If the demons have a spy/assassin in the king's castle, getting rid of that infiltrator is the first priority, not agreeing to the demon's demands. After all, even if the king accepted the demand, the assassin could still act against him. Moreover, if he hands over two valuable assets, it means the human side will be made weaker, the demon side stronger, relatively. That would be a direct threat to the king's life, not to mention the lives of everybody else as well.

The king would be need to be a real coward and waste of skin to even think about it.
I'd say any king worth his crown would attempt to outwit the demons somehow.

they send a mage to fight a monster that counter mages
Well, the party they sent includes mostly fighters, with one white mage (who would not be throwing spells at the turtle anyway), and one attack mage (the only one who would have trouble with the turtle). Overall, doesn't seem like a bad choice.

Contributor
Lloyd's impostor syndrome about his S-rank continues to grind my gears. Please, develop this character already.

"Becoming a hero just because they are chosen by a sword is just crazy."
Wow. There's somebody aware about this in a story with heroes and demon lords. Some Monty Python energy there, glad someone else already posted a reference in this thread.

Users who are viewing this thread