Yuusha to Yobareta Nochi ni: Soshite Musou Otoko wa Kazoku wo Tsukuru - Vol. 5 Ch. 39 - Got You

Double-page supporter
Knew it would turn out this way. Only thing that I can't work out, is the timeline of Lloyd going into the army and cain going missing if she's the prototype, if so they must have got the surgery at similar times
Remember Lloyd started out as a regular knight. During that time she was kidnapped by the king or sold by his relatives (also, Remember that she was gone when he returned to her) to give him a reason to want to go through with the hero implant. The king probably used her & probably others as a Guinea pig before Lloyd received his implant.

Dex-chan lover
(and manga has a tendency to use weird western names like Cain on the other gender anyway).
there was one other manga where the little brother character had "Esther" as his name. It didn't help that the character is drawn fairly girlyand gets mistaken for a girl multiple times.

Supporter
You all and your plot discussions.
Meanwhile I'm staring at underboob.
bd9.gif

Dex-chan lover
The hooded figure was his sister: As expected.
Said sister seems to have lost some screws - i.e., not completely brainwashed - compared to the flashback: Not expected.

Eh? Why'd you say the same thing twice?

A girl? So Lloyd mistook her for a boy all the time they were together?

Oh well, an imouto yandere isn't bad either way :dogkek:

Dex-chan lover
that is, in some ways. Fucked up. But Royalties have always been fucked in the head so i am not surprise

Dex-chan lover
What a surprise~
Who could have seen this coming~

This series ain't breaking any ground narrative wise but it's still a cozy read.

Dex-chan lover
Wasn't it supposed to be a brother? We know both siblings had experiments done on them, was gender bender magic part of it? :finnawoke:

Double-page supporter
Ah yes, the very perfect plan to make a super soldier to kill the demon king... Then make a super soldier to kill the super soldier because he could become a menace

The design is very human

Dex-chan lover
Fun fact: the guillotine was developed to make executions less painful and messy. Beheading via sword or axe required having an executioner with the strength and skill to cleanly take the head off, there was always the chance to miss and hit the shoulders or hit a neckbone wrong and you've got someone wounded and screaming while you try again, to say nothing of other popular execution methods like breaking on the wheel or drawing and quartering.

So, nah I don't think we need Madame Guillotine for this case. This king doesn't deserve the mercy.
What about the one from Men in Tights? Used repeatedly of course?

Dex-chan lover
I was expecting freindship-no-jutsu style suddenly remembering but not complaining at the reveal of they knew all along.

Kings toast as a result though.

Dex-chan lover
The fact that nobody mentioned the underboob shot until the 3rd page in the comments is the biggest shocker this chapter.

Dex-chan lover
Fun fact: the guillotine was developed to make executions less painful and messy. Beheading via sword or axe required having an executioner with the strength and skill to cleanly take the head off, there was always the chance to miss and hit the shoulders or hit a neckbone wrong and you've got someone wounded and screaming while you try again, to say nothing of other popular execution methods like breaking on the wheel or drawing and quartering.

So, nah I don't think we need Madame Guillotine for this case. This king doesn't deserve the mercy.
No no no.
Mr. Rusty Blunt Axe is needed for maximum pain and suffering

Dex-chan lover
My money's on "Worthless aunt and uncle sold her the minute Lloyd left, knowing it was for experiments". They and the king need to be fed to army ants, feet first. If so, worthless king likely has no idea they're related.
Remember Lloyd started out as a regular knight. During that time she was kidnapped by the king or sold by his relatives (also, Remember that she was gone when he returned to her) to give him a reason to want to go through with the hero implant. The king probably used her & probably others as a Guinea pig before Lloyd received his implant.
Worthless aunt probably had nothing to do with it beyond just being worthless. Lloyd already accused her of getting rid of Cain in the flashback, and she said she needed Cain around to keep getting Lloyd's money.

What's likely is that Cain ran off on her own to die or at least disappear from Lloyd's life under the belief that she was a burden to him and he'd be better off without her. She either got picked up off the street by the mad science division or she went to them willingly if they were taking volunteers from the general populace, with the logic "well at least this way my death might be good for something."

A girl? So Lloyd mistook her for a boy all the time they were together?

Oh well, an imouto yandere isn't bad either way :dogkek:
Wasn't it supposed to be a brother? We know both siblings had experiments done on them, was gender bender magic part of it? :finnawoke:
I can't say for certain that the scanlators didn't alter the flashback chapter after first uploading it, but the current version makes no reference to Cain's gender. Not using gendered terms isn't uncommon in Japanese after all.

The king already knows he doesn't want anything, he knew it from the start even, but still wants him dead anyway because "too much power". So yes he's just an absolute moron, when his plan obviously could've just stopped at sending off to the middle of nowhere.
I also want to point out that the very foundation of the plot in this manga is that the king magically engineered a hero powerful enough to defeat a Demon Lord that wasn't actually interested in going to war with humanity. This king apparently only knows how to do one thing and that's make a stronger weapon to deal with your newest imaginary problem.

Dex-chan lover
Knew it would turn out this way. Only thing that I can't work out, is the timeline of Lloyd going into the army and cain going missing if she's the prototype, if so they must have got the surgery at similar times
The sister was a prototype. It's probably like this. She got the surgery while Lloyd was still training as a soldier. This experiment is to see is it viable to install a phantasm device to the human body. Once the researcher saw it was a success, they continue the experiment with different subject, a trained and obedient soldier.

Users who are viewing this thread