Zeikin de Katta Hon - Vol. 9 Ch. 64 - A Laid-Back Cafe and Bakery

Dex-chan lover
Seriously! I spent 9 years working at a grocery store, and I hate hate hate the people who run in right as we're closing up.
Seriously! I spent 9 years working at a grocery store, and I hate hate hate the people who run in right as we're closing up.

But you shouldn't. I mean, you are open till that time... so it's unfair to hate on them. Plus, usually, even if it's near closing time, you can usually have others fix up the rest of closing time.

And it usually doesn't take up way too much time... if a few minutes are going to throw off your life, then your life is unorganized and you need to fix that.

After all, they came in during the opening time still...

If you say you are going to be open till 10, then isn't it fair for them to try to get what they need at 10????

My local library has a policy where they stop book check out and services at a 7:45 but close at 8...

And a good business should put closing up space AFTER business time is over. Closing time should be AFTER business time...

Dex-chan lover
But you shouldn't. I mean, you are open till that time... so it's unfair to hate on them. Plus, usually, even if it's near closing time, you can usually have others fix up the rest of closing time.

And it usually doesn't take up way too much time... if a few minutes are going to throw off your life, then your life is unorganized and you need to fix that.

If you say you are going to be open till 10, then isn't it fair for them to try to get what they need at 10????

My local library has a policy where they stop book check out and services at a 7:45 but close at 8...

And a good business should put closing up space AFTER business time is over. Closing time should be AFTER business time...

Clearly you are someone who hasn't worked in retail before.

We locked the doors at 11pm. If you can run in, grab an item, and get out before then fine.

But you better believe there were people who would try to come in and fill up a shopping cart even as you're making announcements that the store is closing in 5 minutes. Heck even having multiple people run in to grab just a few items is pretty bad since they all have to go through the same line.

I couldn't send the cashier home until the last customer had been checked out so I could reconcile their register. And until that cashier was cleared to leave I couldn't close up the accounting office and get it ready for the next morning so I could leave. Heck even the guy cleaning the floors can't finish up until that last customer leaves, since

So yes, I am going to hate people who show up at the last minute. Especially the ones like the lady in the chapter who do it habitually.

Dex-chan lover
I love this manga... the characters are all super endearing, and the topics it touches are always super interesting

Like this chapter, I'm on the "don't really care" side of the argument, I like that feeling of "This the last last task, LET'S DO THIS", and I also kind of like my job

But I also totally understand why people who want to go home as soon as possible, because maybe they have to cook dinner, or have an appointment with someone, or just want to get the hell out of there ASAP loll

It's just fun giving it a thought about these small things loll

Dex-chan lover
Retail woe: Customers that come in right when we're closing up with a shopping list a mile long. :mad: Worse is that they take their sweet time, when they really should get here earlier if they have so much shopping to do.

What a weird reply! You just completely discounted that person's lived experience and failed to empathize with them! Do you talk like this irl? If someone like this spoke to me, I would go use the bathroom.

Dex-chan lover
At the very least she's not a hypocrite since her own pastry shop encourage that behavior. It absolutely means running the shop is her whole life, though. She seems to assume everybody else is the same, even though her own employee, by the looks of it, has told her multiple times it's not true.

A person who goes to a store during the last minutes is failing at organising their life. Why not go in half an hour before the closing time? Or an hour before. You are clearly not in control of your schedules if you need to leave it for the last minutes. It's just like people running red lights in traffic. If you are in such an awful hurry you need to do it, it means you aren't in control of your life.

Dex-chan lover
The comments for this chapter is rather fun~
Like this chapter, I'm on the "don't really care" side of the argument, I like that feeling of "This the last last task, LET'S DO THIS", and I also kind of like my job

But I also totally understand why people who want to go home as soon as possible, because maybe they have to cook dinner, or have an appointment with someone, or just want to get the hell out of there ASAP loll
I totally understand. I have off days where I'm counting the minutes of when I get to clock out, but otherwise I'm chill with staying behind. There's a bit of humor in having the workplace empty.
I value free time but all time eventually passes, and even if it's tedious I'll know it'll come to pass as long as I get it done.

Contributor
argh customers who come in 5mins before close! :mad:
:mad::mad:
What's even worse is the customers that come when you're already closed (but still in the store to lock things up etc) and demand to be let in "to just buy one little thing". Had to call the cops once cause they were physically trying to force the door open and wouldnt listen to us telling them we were closed.

Users who are viewing this thread