Zennin Ossan, Umarekawattara SSS Rank Jinsei ga Kakutei Shita - Vol. 2 Ch. 15

Fed-Kun's army
That was way too quick of a transformation... I mean, I won't drop it but still, there was no story there not shounen worthy

Dex-chan lover
Azazel: "I'm a demon and I'm gonna destroy everything!"
Alec: *poof* "Now you're an angel. Protect everything."
Azazel: "OK, bro!"

Yea right. That was WAAAYYY too anticlimactic and too convenient and shows that the author isn't even trying

Group Leader
Remember, he had the option to become a god in the first chapter. Shit like this is going to keep happening for the rest of the series.

Dex-chan lover
... My brain almost did not compute...
And my heart still doesn't want to compute...
What's with this nonsense of a within-same-chapter demon turning into an angel even though they have been reborn countless times as a demon by the "higher ups"?
At least some kind of Something to spice things up. At least 1 dead person or anything... But noo... Everyone is alive after setting free a demon on the "a bit deeper" (what the hell is he doing in such a reachable) floor

Dex-chan lover
okay even for me that's a bit too much deus ex machina. like, sure turning him into an angel sounds like a legit-ish grey move, but doing it in 2 pages? nani the fuck

this is so trash i love eeeeet

Dex-chan lover
Okay, so I feel like the manga flew threw all of this WAY too fast, but this is actually a pretty interesting concept. It shows the failures of the reincarnation/afterlife system in correcting behavior. At a certain point if you’ve done something so bad you get turned into a demon there’s nothing to look forward to in life at all and all you feel is pain (but because you’re not human you have to become strong to survive amongst monsters). That just creates a downward spiral and the person never wants to be good in their current life (when its only pain) to get a better next life (so literally the opposite of what the system’s trying to do). This is a pretty interesting point and actually true for a lot. Blanket punishments will always miss a number of individuals, but they’re just forgotten as we generally only care if it works for most.

The other thing touched upon is that the MC is basically a god himself and can do pretty much anything; even directly undermining the system created by the gods when he decides it isn’t being helpful. This is stupid power and arguably too great of a reward even if the mc was crazy generous and kind in his past lives. I mean is the MC wanted to, he could do literally ANYTHING. That’s insane. If his personality was different no one could stop him.

Also this was a very interesting take on demons. They aren’t some other species, but just humans that have lived poorly in their past lives and now have to suffer a life of only pain because of it. Again the chapter went through all of this too fact, but definitely some interesting concepts and world building ideas. Now if the quality of story telling could just match the story (though I guess this series isn’t going for “good” writing considering this and previous chapters and the premise)

this is why i dropped this lol
i try to read the lastest chapter but the problem isn't gone lol

Dex-chan lover
Yeah, I get the dude was virtuous in his past life but can't imagine the gods want him going around doing shit like this.

Every chapter the comments are filled with how bad, cringe and badly written this manga is (I also belong to those comment writers) and every chapter this manga proves it to be true... but we're still here... we're still reading, despite the headache this nonsense causes... we're here because we have nothing better to read...

Dex-chan lover
@Kikaibaka I dunno, they kind of wanted him to be a god in the first place. Even if he had become one he would absolutely have ended up doing stuff like this that runs counter to the decisions set by other gods. Just who he seems to be. This is kind of what they were asking for if anything, perhaps they can use shit like this as an excuse to make him be a god even if he doesn't want to. Something like "If you're gonna look like a duck and quack like a duck, you gotta be a duck."

Fed-Kun's army
Holy shit that was terrible. I dont know what I expected.

Users who are viewing this thread