Zettai ni Hatarakitakunai Dungeon Master ga Damin wo Musaboru made - Vol. 2 Ch. 11 - Conclusion

Dex-chan lover
@Needhydra I love this group sfx translation. Please never change 😆

@1234muse Haku asked where is the core for 50k DP, he revealed it in a single room outside. Its connected by a path so it still considered a dungeon.
She didn't ask what he used to touch her core.

Dex-chan lover
yeah, I was just making a comment, as many protagonists don't seem to care about holding onto their secrets

Dex-chan lover
"You shall not pass!" and "Windows Firewall sound" hehehehe I certainly hope they will include it in the anime! 🤣

Group Leader
Wait, why are you complaining about how difficult it is to accurately translate sound effects when you've translated them only as a description of what's visually going on in the panel and/or as dank memes?

Well, that's kinda the thing with sfx, is that they usually are just there to describe what the panel is showing. I feel like most of the impact of a manga sound effect comes from the font/styling that adds to the mood that the mangaka wants to convey. And I can't photoshop to save my life, and can't be bothered to go pro and find acceptable translations, so y'all get my half-assed meme versions. If anybody does want well-drawn sfx, the group TSP (does Horimiya among other stuff) does a heckin' good job at it, from what I've seen.

Fed-Kun's army
If you're gonna do "thing happening in panel noises", why not just slap the romaji in there and call it a day?
Personally, I've always preferred the latter, since Japan has all their weird ideophones and onomatopoeia that are kinda fun to learn. I totally understand the desire to make things as readable as possible in English, but in my opinion "Jiiiiiiiiiii" is more interesting than "staaaare." Sure, English speakers won't always understand that Jiiiiiii is the ideophone for staring if they've never encountered it before, but what's going on is typically obvious from the panels anyway, and the sounds are just as arbitrary in Japanese as they are in English. Even a native Japanese speaker, if they've somehow never run into it before, is going to have to learn that "Jiiiiiiiiii" refers to staring. Once they've seen/heard it once or twice, then they know. If they never make the connection, then whatever, the ideophone doesn't actually relay any information, it's just there to be a weird sound for something which may or may not even be an actual sound to add some layer of flavor.

I've always thought it kinda silly how people translate arbitrary sounds like ideophones. Sure, you get to make all kind of "SFX: Menacing" jojokes, but that doesn't really add anything to the manga/anime itself. You can tell that something looks menacing from how it's being presented anyway, and thanks to the translation just saying what's going on instead of telling us what the sound is, we don't even know that it's supposed to be going "gogogogogo"

Maybe that's just me though. Probably a weird nitpick that only I have, and most casual readers that have a life outside reading manga would probably prefer "sfx:fluffy" over "fuwa-fuwa" even if it doesn't make any sense.

Double-page supporter
Haku may have lost, but she still won a little in the end XD

Fed-Kun's army
@Anonyan Tbh i like the originals aswell, but i can understand why they are translated. There is always the option of leaving them as is and adding the translation somehwere else on the page or on a seperate page at the end but thats more work to ask for when we're already getting this much for free so i dont feel comfortable asking for it.

Tldr; things be the way they do no matter how much you want them be not..

Dex-chan lover
Hmm? Isn't that ending of sleeping together a bit against the web novel?
I remember the sleeping together being a massive taboo with him getting death threats from Haku because how dare he sleep with her little sister

Dex-chan lover
Hmm? Isn't that ending of sleeping together a bit against the web novel?
Why do so many of you folks always seem to think the web novels are actually relevant for comparison to an adaptation of a light novel? You're looking at a rough draft and ignoring the actual released product.

Dex-chan lover
Two stupids this time:

#1. Chloe can't see anything. Well no shit. She never opens her eyes.

#2. "Cheering loli noises" when again she is NOT in loli mode. Adult form has tits. Is not loli. Does not make loli noises. Not even sure about later on, as she doesn't look particularly loli-ish even when wearing the white dress. All in all, it just feels like the translator is trying to rip off the infamous translation of Made in Abyss in a really misguided attempt to try and be funny, and is failing horrendously.

Users who are viewing this thread