Zettai ni Hatarakitakunai Dungeon Master ga Damin wo Musaboru made - Vol. 8 Ch. 41 - (Niku Ver) What only Niku can do

The thing is, if youve been reading since chapter 1, theres no need to explain the Meat part in her name. Thats why the MC didnt know what that means because he is japanese. MC doesnt know Meat means Meat-toilet or basically a sex slave.

Thats why the impact of her getting Kuroinu later on is applaud by the masses since Meat got a decent name now. Its not like the -sama or niichan/neechan suffixes that is acceptable rather than the English counterpart of Mister, Big Brother/Sis.

Well cant do anything about it really since im just a reader.

Power Uploader
Of course smith > shit doesn’t sound the same. I said that if my name “Smith” somehow translates to “shit” on some obscure language I didn’t know about, then used that “Smith” as direct literal translation into calling me actual “shit” I wouldn’t like it for me, or for anyone, like just call me “Smith” man, no need to translate it into that language where I’m “Shit”.
I'm not sure what some obscure unknown language has to do with anything. It's a logical fallacy to bring in a new variable (unknown third language) when it has no relevance to the argument.

They translated her name into English, the language the entire rest of the chapter was written in. And her name literally means exactly what they translated it into, and "Meat" has meaning in being meat, it's more than just an arbitrary name.

Dex-chan lover
I'm not sure what some obscure unknown language has to do with anything. It's a logical fallacy to bring in a new variable (unknown third language) when it has no relevance to the argument.

They translated her name into English, the language the entire rest of the chapter was written in. And her name literally means exactly what they translated it into, and "Meat" has meaning in being meat, it's more than just an arbitrary name.

All you say is wrong please stop talking.

At least Terrate gets it

Dex-chan lover
Like a fun little epiphany where we could also feign ignorance like the MC as in “Niku is Niku though?”
Unfortunately, that's now how it's supposed to be intended. MC doesn't know the connotation of her name (meat = sex slave). The Japanese readers understand that niku is a weird name because niku means meat thus they realize it's a nickname for sex slave. If we use meat we would immediately know something's up. Therefore, we would have the same experience as Japanese readers.

Another way of looking at it is MC is using a slur that he does not know it's a slur, but we as the readers do know it's a slur.

Dex-chan lover
Unfortunately, that's now how it's supposed to be intended. MC doesn't know the connotation of her name (meat = sex slave). The Japanese readers understand that niku is a weird name because niku means meat thus they realize it's a nickname for sex slave. If we use meat we would immediately know something's up. Therefore, we would have the same experience as Japanese readers.

Another way of looking at it is MC is using a slur that he does not know it's a slur, but we as the readers do know it's a slur.
Sure, it might not be how it’s intended, but aren’t we basically the MC as a reader? We read most of the dialogue on the MC’s pov that we’re most likely as biased as him. So, it would still make sense for us to - in another instance to not know that Niku = meat(toilet) for a long time until a character points it out for him. Which makes this more so being on the same shoes as the Main Character Keima.

Though I can see subjective preference of wanting to have the same treatment as a japanese reader rather than having an immersion to feel the same as the main character. I literally just want “Niku” more than “Meat” lol.

Dex-chan lover
so many comments about her name
i myself prefer the original name, even if other think it sounds weird
of course there should be some notes about it, since we're defintely not japanese to understand those

Group Leader
Finally, the name is not “Meat” anymore and has been called “Niku”.

It’s like if I’ve been named “Smith” and some obscure language I don’t even know about has the same meaning as “Shit” was then translated it to my current language and now I’m being called “Shit” for the rest of my life.

Real nice change. Hopefully more Japanese names kept being Japanese instead of turning into English equivalent.
well that was kinda what it is. he didnt think meat = seggs slave

Double-page supporter
wow they got me twice i thought this chapter wa another april fools joke because of the name good job

Fed-Kun's army
God this name change shit was annoying AF. Kept taking me out of the chapter as I read. Big Thumb Down from me.

Big downgrade in localization, but you get what you pay for I guess

Dex-chan lover
There's no difference between in pronunciation between a C that makes the K sound and just a K... C can make the S sound, the K sound, and (when paired with H) the Ch sound. Unless you're saying that Japanese can't say K and therefore use S, which they don't, then this makes no sense.
But it hides the joke... MC was supposed to name her meat.... so joke's lost if we don't translate...

Dex-chan lover
Isn't that a Family Guy joke? "Could you pass me the oar, N-Word Jim?" youtube /watch?v=7sN09bYZj3Y

Users who are viewing this thread