Zettai ni Hatarakitakunai Dungeon Master ga Damin wo Musaboru made

Group Leader
before i forget
unknown.png

Thanks for the new translated Chapter! This is a series i kinda favor since im a Dungeon keeper fan since days old 😁

Thanks a lot for translating this manga. I miss the silly notes @Needhydra used to add ("happy loli noises," naming grey rats, etc.).

We got a great gift from Needhydra's group and if their real lives have been more demanding and meaningful, I wish them all the best. You made it even funnier, thanks. If you come back, I'm sure I won't be the only reader happy to see it, but if you don't, we still got lots of great chapters.

As for the latest Ace translation, thanks for your hard work. It's also been fun to read.

Dex-chan lover
The DP system makes no sense for magic at all:
Create Golem: 10,000 DP
Necromancy: 800,000,000 DP
or (80,000 times more costly than Create Golem).

Golems:
* Can be created from natural resources available everywhere such as dirt, clay, various minerals, etc.
* They require no upkeep.
* Can assume all sorts of forms. They do not decay or smell.

Undead:
* You need a living or dead body to create them, which is much more scarce, difficult to obtain, and conspicuous to your enemies than natural resources.
* They require an upkeep (human meat for ghouls, human souls for wraiths, blood for vampires, etc.).
* They decay and smell, which makes it much harder to camouflage or keep them in storage than golems who can even be used as stealth walls.

There is an 80,000 times difference between the DP cost of these skills, and one is clearly superior to the other unless there are some hidden effects (such as a vampire being able to cleave a mountain in half or some other legendary feat. However, you can turn a mountain or mithril into a golem if the author of this novel permits it: so it depends entirely on what the author wants, and does not explain the discrepancy).

Group Leader
@lionfromnorth
most people can only do dirt. The mc an do anythingcause he can speak the casting language. So he making new spells on the fly. Other people are making random sounds and hoping they get it right to produce a known effect.

@Needhydra, thanks for the update on your group. I also like your explanation re:lionfromnorth's comment. It reminds me of art. A great artist made an inspiring piece (a vivid tree) out of a brown paper-bag. I think it starred in a museum exhibit years ago. I bet his work made more money than some made of more expensive materials. Sometimes you can do big things with cheap ingredients
(but I think getting iron ore from rock and manipulating it into custom shapes should have relied on additional skills)

I hope pre-med and uni are treating you well, despite the pandemic. I imagine they're giving more homework these days since distance learning is in vogue. Stay safe B, college towns are the new hot spots.

This isn't explained well here. In the very first chapter Keima is offered the standard divine blessing from a god like the typical isekai protagonist. He blows the god off, so the god just gives him a language cheat.

Once he starts using magic, he discovers that it applies to the language of magic as well, and is a much better blessing than he originally thought. He's not using the standard invocation like the latest chapter makes it look, he's specifying exactly what he wants with words. He doesn't wave his hand and build a house, he specifies each building block in batches. Which takes many hours; it's a running theme that he puts a lot of work into not having to work.

The skill scrolls act more of a basic qualification of an effect for him more than anything else. For example, Create Golem allows him to craft non-living objects that can move and have the intelligence of a golem. The golems themselves do need a power source to move - magic stones that drop from monsters specifically. Though the novel cheats by allowing the dungeon's magic matrix to power them freely while they're in their dungeon's domain (this should obviously cost some DP income in practice). To create golems out of stronger materials costs more mana to shape and upkeep. Kaima spends weeks worth of mana making a ring later. (And since this is a jRPG world, iron is a really strong material to normal people but paper mache to anyone significant.)

Another example of his ability to modify a spell is the Grow Weed spell he gets later. He tries to grow a tomato plant with it, which technically works.... but the tomatoes the plants grow taste wretched.

The Necromancy spell is obviously many tiers more powerful than Summon Skeleton. It'd have to literally bring people back from the dead.

I'm gonna be honest, I have 0 interest in reading this, I just want to know from people who are reading it: is that maid outfit on that cover not an absolute affront to your eyes? Is it not virtually the ugliest goddamn thing one could possibly design for a big tiddy maid outfit harem girl? Do you not look at the sleeves and go "dude... Please, just make her wear literally anything else instead"

Users who are viewing this thread