Zombie no Afureta Sekai Ore Dake ga Osowarenai - Ch. 30 - Revelation

Power Uploader
Now that he won't be with the girl anymore, what are the chances that she will get raped? Who will protect her now that he isn't with her? Who will protect the doctor?

What is up with Japanese authors and their unhealthy obsession with committing social suicide? It doesn't even make sense most of the time.

And it's funny that people are mentioning OreGairu. In OreGairu it made so much more sense. And in this one there are like fifty different ways this guy could've handled this situation.

Dex-chan lover
Ah yes, this part. There's a bit more to this decision than you might think. But mostly, he just didn't care. I know the feeling, when you get caught in a situation like this and you just decide fuck it, I'm not even gonna defend myself, I'm just gonna let you all think the worst of me, and then go off and do my own thing.

The rather crude way he dismissed the girl was a tactic, though. as some of you have figured already. He was very brutally cutting ties with her publicly as one last way of fulfilling his promise to protect her, so that she'd garner sympathy and overwrite her rash actions in the public's eyes.

That is, of course, one of the reasons he made such a scene about his confessions. But mainly, he committed "social suicide" simply because he fundamentally doesn't care about his social standing. That's why he's done so much of the stuff he's done, like extorting sex from the girl. Most people, especially in Japan, have a sort of mental block on doing that sort of thing, things that are not socially acceptable. HE doesn't. He's not some horny bastard or anything, he just has a firm ethical opposition to giving away something for nothing, and so he pursued that goal.

Similarly, here, he has a set of goals, and none of them require anyone here to like him. So he doesn't bother trying. He does what he can to protect the girl, since he made a deal with her; he rallies the group to make a run for safety, since that was his plan to begin with; then he breaks off from the group in as expedient a way as possible to go pursue his other goals.

That is the essential aspect of ruthlessness. Not cruel, nor cowardly, nor evil. He simply has his goals, and lacks an instinctive impulse to make nice with people for no reason. The group has simply ceased to be more of an aid to him than it is a hindrance.

It's a fascinating sort of character to see as a hero in a Japanese work. Such a pure individualist, lacking any of the inherent responsibility towards the group simply on the basis of it being The Group that Japan tries to beat into its populace. He asks not what he can do for his country, but what his country can do for him. And in that sense, he is noble.

Besides, even after all that he's said and done, all the ways he's betrayed their trust... do you really think there's the slightest chance they wouldn't take him back in a hearbeat? Someone like him, someone who Walks Among Zombies? Regardless of their opinion of him, he is the one that would be dictating terms there.

And that's assuming he even returns to them at all. There's bound to be other groups, ones who lack knowledge of his secret. So, really, he's right to not care about what they think of him, isn't he?

Power Uploader
That is, of course, one of the reasons he made such a scene about his confessions. But mainly, he committed "social suicide" simply because he fundamentally doesn't care about his social standing. That's why he's done so much of the stuff he's done, like extorting sex from the girl. Most people, especially in Japan, have a sort of mental block on doing that sort of thing, things that are not socially acceptable. HE doesn't. He's not some horny bastard or anything, he just has a firm ethical opposition to giving away something for nothing, and so he pursued that goal.

Similarly, here, he has a set of goals, and none of them require anyone here to like him. So he doesn't bother trying. He does what he can to protect the girl, since he made a deal with her; he rallies the group to make a run for safety, since that was his plan to begin with; then he breaks off from the group in as expedient a way as possible to go pursue his other goals.

That is the essential aspect of ruthlessness. Not cruel, nor cowardly, nor evil. He simply has his goals, and lacks an instinctive impulse to make nice with people for no reason. The group has simply ceased to be more of an aid to him than it is a hindrance.

It's a fascinating sort of character to see as a hero in a Japanese work. Such a pure individualist, lacking any of the inherent responsibility towards the group simply on the basis of it being The Group that Japan tries to beat into its populace.
Very well said. I find the MC interesting as a character. He's anti-social in the sense that he's absolutely apathetic and doesn't care about people, not the usual "misunderstood loner with a heart of gold" archetype that usually passes for anti-hero. People wondering why he revealed his true nature and committed "social suicide" miss the fact this is what he wanted to do since the moment he gained the power. He mingled with the group up to now was because he felt an obligation to Mitsuki for letting her brother die under his watch, but that obligation has been fulfilled as far as he is concerned. So he doesn't care what'll happen to her in the long term.

Now that he won't be with the girl anymore, what are the chances that she will get raped? Who will protect her now that he isn't with her? Who will protect the doctor?
He never intended to take care of the girl forever, so this is as far as he goes for her. At one point he would cut his losses and leave, so this moment is as good as any. And what made you think he gave a shit about the doctor? It all makes sense given his character.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
He's forcing himself to look like the bad guy to make them leave, and once they've calmed down after the fact they'll probably notice that
It will never happen. Only his rape victim and the kids will return back to him.

Dex-chan lover
The H-games
So will this manga go on hiatus or have its own original ending? That sucks it feels like there should be way to this manga. World building, new environments/cities, possible gang rivalry’s, the military, oh well 😕
have an ending, so it will be the H-game ending. We get at least 7-8 chapters if all the endings are made into manga.

Dex-chan lover
I don't know about the others. But for me the fact that she is a zombie makes it unique. And there's still so many mysteries about her (and other zombies) which increase the appeal.

Well, I was partially joking too though lol. I'm following this manga mainly for the mystery, and I kinda doubt they'll explore the romance that much.
/They will not explore romance, but they will definitely sell seggs.

Dex-chan lover
I get what he's trying to do, but man this seemed hamfisted. Felt like the author didn't really know how to do it and just said fuck it, we're going the nuclear option.
I feel like it makes sense for this character. He literally was seen with bite wounds. There’s probably people who won’t believe that he’s immune and just think he’s a zombie and try to kill. For those who see his value, they would just take advantage of him or experiment him. None of those are risks he can take in anarchic world.

Dex-chan lover
The doctor sees him that way too.
I feel like it makes sense for this character. He literally was seen with bite wounds. There’s probably people who won’t believe that he’s immune and just think he’s a zombie and try to kill. For those who see his value, they would just take advantage of him or experiment him. None of those are risks he can take in anarchic world.

Users who are viewing this thread