MangaDex S5E5 - Anniversary & Staff AMA

Dex-chan lover
I wonder when the next drama that rocks the ship might be?

Dex-chan lover
5️⃣ Years and counting! 🎉 :aquadrink:
fail-as-a-team-team-fail.gif

• Drink
Reactions: rdn
Dex-chan lover
Happy 5th Birthday Mangadex!

I'm feeling this mandela effect everytime I see a mangadex birthday announcement because I vividly remember using mangadex from before 2016 (and never even heard of batoto ;_; )

Dex-chan lover
Congratulations on the 5th year anniversary!
Thank you so much for keeping this site alive 🙏

I might not be a very old member here. But in the past two years, I have grown to love and use this place to read many series & interact with so many people!
And I would love to see this site continue with all these great services in the coming future.

And again, thank you to all staff members and the users alike, for keeping this community alive 🫡

is a Reindeer
VIP
Happy 5th Birthday Mangadex!

I'm feeling this mandela effect everytime I see a mangadex birthday announcement because I vividly remember using mangadex from before 2016 (and never even heard of batoto ;_; )
Mandela effect must be strong because there are dozens of people who claim to have used MangaDex prior to 2018 lol.
Strangest instance is when they claim to have an account but never used the site before

Custom title
Staff
Developer
Mandela effect must be strong because there are dozens of people who claim to have used MangaDex prior to 2018 lol.
Strangest instance is when they claim to have an account but never used the site before
And then complain that all of their followed titles are gone

I can't believe it's been five years already! Excited to see where mangadex will be in the next five years!!:aquadrink:

(Also found this screenshot of mangadex from 2018 :huh:)

Last edited:
Power Uploader
Damn... It's 5 years already now...
It's been like yesteryear when i saw ixlone crazy idea on batoto forum

Well, long life to mangadex!

Dex-chan lover
Why does the MangaDex account have a joined date of 2012 then?

Dex-chan lover
Only 4 whole years! Dang It fells so much longer than that.

Dex-chan lover
With the back of comments, turned out you guys saved our past comments. I'm cringed and proud embarrassed with my past shitpostings.

Custom title
Staff
Developer
Why does the MangaDex account have a joined date of 2012 then?
inherited from AniDex's creation date as a for funsie thing since MangaDex was originally created from its code
Same with Holo and ixlone's accounts. If I'm not mistaken their user data was originally just straight up copied from AniDex's database, which is also why the MangaDex db's users table had some unused columns left over from the AniDex db for quite a while.

Users who are viewing this thread