The Magical Revolution of the Reincarnated Princess and the Genius Young Lady - Ch. 31

Dex-chan lover
I don't get why he's mad at Anis for abandoning the throne when it makes him heir and be able to change the stuff he doesn't like once he becomes king. Is it just his inferiority complex?
He feels she abdicated her role as a world changer. She has gifts that he's always admired and he believes with those gifts she could do anything. So he's upset that she gave up on what he sees as a pivotal position, just to play with "toys." Obviously, I think her decision was fine and will have lasting impact but from his perspective, his sister's decision was to force him into a position he knows he's not qualified for. If this helps wrap your mind around it: think of a parent who is upset that their child threw away their potential.

Dex-chan lover
I can't take this mf seriously, I just skipped all his dialogue like ffs I don't have time to care about his jealousy when the princess was already shunned, he was crowned prince even, then he still got all the time to complain about the status quo plan all this shit instead of planning to actually better the kingdom.

Dex-chan lover
I'll give the guy reason in that, the girl gave up the right to say anything to him when she fled from the responsibility of being the next ruler. Just that.

But "killing" someone to get power that's bad, and I hope this doesn't become something that the power of love and friendship fix at the end.

Double-page supporter
kinda weird how the development seemed to have come out of nowhere. al has been acting sus and dumb from the beginning but the author feels like they just came up his ambition and the vampire thing along the way.
that said, it's a compelling story bit. i like that al has his own ideas and way of doing things. it's easy to get behind the anti-nobility vibe even if it's coming from another aristocrat character. i also like that al seems so lost and alone that his plan is to be a vampire.

Dex-chan lover
In contrast to other people here I cant fully hate that boy. He even has some points in his arguments, but sadly he chooses the wrong way and did/does things he shouldnt do.

He is right that Anis could have changed the world and even if some nobles hate her and shun her, she is still loved by the People and wouild most likely be able to get supporters from at least some lower nobles.
Something the asshole nobles fear with all their might.

Algard as beeing mediocre on the other hand has neither the power nor the ability to do the same and despaired because of that. That he resents the expectations can be understood and having not much magic himself it seems, he would be turned into a scarecrow while all the bad/evil nobles that fear their loss of power would only go through his Fiance who was greatly blessed by the spirits and magic.

To top it off he felt betrayed by his sister because in his eyes she left him alone in that situation by abandoning everything and keeping her distance. In the end he DID go down the wrong path and all, but it is not that I cant understand him.

Dex-chan lover
People saying that Al could've just be a normal king and change things instead of taking lives as if history is not riffed with monarchs getting assassinated or getting coup'ed because guess what, the king's power doesn't mean shit when all your lords and ladies gathered forces in their fief and stake your ass on a wooden cross. Caesar got his ass nailed 28 times cause his council didn't like him. Please, for the love of god, the man literally explained why going against a whole congregation of magic-wielding power-hungry maniacs as a normal human would end with him a pile of soot. Is he an asshole? yes. Does he have a point? yes.

Dex-chan lover
It's funny seeing people juste hate on him or saying he is hypocrit for X reason that they didn't understand correctly (looking at you people telling he just had to wait until he was a king to change things when he specifically said why he wouldn't be able to change anything), which makes me wonder if they even read. But seeing that someone said they didn't read any of his dialogue then it's true and it's probably the same mf who when all of that will be over will say "Huh why is that thing like that" when they don't read...

On another note, I really like their look on the last page.

Group Leader
Holy speedreaders Batman. Al literally explains his motivations and thought process in this very chapter and half of you still not getting it.

Personally I think he should have sucked it up and made beautiful babies with his big titty wife Lainie and had his kids take over the kingdom with their charm powers. This plan works if Anis isn't around. He really needed to do something about her first like get her exiled or something.

Aggregator gang
face->palm.... queue brain damaged shitkiddy 10 year old who doesn't like that someone is stronger and/or better than him/her and decides to torment and murder everyone...
For fuck sake, could the story writers PLEASE GROW THE FUCK UP?!?!

Dex-chan lover
I think both the anime and manga combined to explain Algard well. He didn't want any of this, not being a king, not being forced into an arranged marriage, not being called a spare to someone who gave up the throne. And as you've seen, his parents aren't exactly good at listening to him either (fuck it, listening to either of their children), and Anis is also...never really around her brother at some point. Everyone contributed to the falling dominos getting more and more severe until the echo chamber and the abusive circle of liars and conspirators around him convinced him to go down the deranged route he's in. Lainie might be cursed with vampirism, Anis might have no magic, but Al is the one most chained down of all.
So yeah, TLDR he's jealous of his sister, but I can definitely see myself going down the same path if I were him. Think Harry and Meghan but Meghan are the side dudes taking advantage of Al.

Dex-chan lover
man... knowing what happens next (and knowing that probably nothing will change when compared to the anime's ending) is giving me some mixed feelings about continuing to read this story. The manga is doing things better compared to the anime, but knowing that it all just ends with him getting a slap on the wrist being exiled, Anis's magicite/dragon powers not serving for jack shit while Euphie bodies her and condemns herself to a miserable immortal existence destined to forget everything and everyone while losing the ability to feel entirely just bums me out and makes me wanna drop it. A shame, considering I liked this story so much at the beginning. Might just skim the novel a bit to see what happens after it all and decide if it's worth continuing or not

Users who are viewing this thread