Tensei Shite High Elf ni Narimashitaga, Slow Life wa 120-nen de Akimashita - Vol. 5 Ch. 22

Dex-chan lover
This is the rare time he is there for his friend’s final moments, isn’t it? :meguuusad:
Must be exponentially tougher than saying goodbye to tombstones, but at least there should be much less regrets compared to his other partings.

Dex-chan lover
Was this really that good though? So much praise for this arc, but all it did was piss me off. It felt like forced drama for the sake of forced drama. Let's recap what kind of character the author wrote here, because he literally had the MC ruin her life:

She was a hopeful, skilled swordsman trying to advertise her sword style. MC pops up, "ay gimme dat style." and spends time with her, leads her on, and she falls in love. MC says "aight, lol, seeya." in a way that convinces her that she isn't worthy of him. She then loses her mind after he leaves her and has her friends husband inseminate her (ruining their marriage) so she could produce heirs worthy of the MC. MC comes back, "yo wutup? Ay those my kids? Sick. Alright, seeya." LEAVES AGAIN LMAO. Dumps the raising of his kid on someone else. And then when he comes back, she's basically old af on her deathbed and then dies, and he has the fucking gall to cry about it like he was ever there for her.

Nah man, fuck this arc. It was shit, and you can't convince me otherwise. It's not even the edge that annoys me, I've read some pretty fucked up stuff. I'm not mad about that. I just genuinely think this was overly dramatic and forced by the author just to try and make some contrived "sad" story that we're supposed to think was deep. It's clearly worked on some people, but I just don't buy it. Just my opinion.

Dex-chan lover
This certainly wouldn't be the last. He would keep meeting people dear to him like Kaeha and outlived all of them. Then he would either seclude himsef back in the forest, afraid of making more connection. Or he would continue to roam the world while having these 'detached' aura.

MD@Home
Was this really that good though? So much praise for this arc, but all it did was piss me off. It felt like forced drama for the sake of forced drama. Let's recap what kind of character the author wrote here, because he literally had the MC ruin her life:

She was a hopeful, skilled swordsman trying to advertise her sword style. MC pops up, "ay gimme dat style." and spends time with her, leads her on, and she falls in love. MC says "aight, lol, seeya." in a way that convinces her that she isn't worthy of him. She then loses her mind after he leaves her and has her friends husband inseminate her (ruining their marriage) so she could produce heirs worthy of the MC. MC comes back, "yo wutup? Ay those my kids? Sick. Alright, seeya." LEAVES AGAIN LMAO. And then when comes back, she's basically on her deathbed and then dies, and he has the fucking gall to cry about it like he was ever there for her.

Nah man, fuck this arc. It was shit, and you can't convince me otherwise. It's not even the edge that annoys me, I've read some pretty fucked up stuff. I just genuinely think this was overly dramatic and forced by the author just to try and make some contrived "sad" story that we're supposed to think was deep. It's clearly worked on some people, but I just don't buy it. But hey, it's just my opinion.
She didn't try to advertise her sword style, she was basically doing sword trick to get money. He was thinking about living with her till he finish learning it, which doesn't happen because Irena came and ask him to help dealing with the Kingdom that is kidnap and enslaving elf, he helps her, which make it so he won't be able to live there anymore. Chap 5 literally spelled it out for you why he can't stay. The problem is thing took time to resolve, ch 12 literally show that when he received the letter that he is good to go back to Kaeha, ch 13 also hinted about the next "big bad"

It's true that his leave did trigger something in her, but watch her mother explanation about the event, she went to the couple asking to have strong childs so they can keep her swords. But the wife is the one who conviced her husband to go through with it, having also experience losing her elf friend, explain in chapter 14, and no, outside of the awkward meeting, the couple lives together till the end of their life happy, their son on other hand may have different opinion, we don't know yet.

Then he doesn't just up and leave, he stay there for 2 years, till his dwarf master ask him to help building a country that welcome other race, his first big promise when he set out to the world. Even this took another 2 months for him to decide.

He was finishing his stuff before the hinted problem in ch 13 pay off, and he has to protect Kaeha's kingdom again. And before he left, his dwarf master still isn't a king yet, cause shit actually took time in this series. In the end, he stays with Kaeha for 13 years, he was even trying to prolong her life by giving her Apua fruits.

Like sure, was he fucked up in the first place when he inadvertently make Kaeha falled in love with him? absolutely. The rest is not even "edge" or "forced drama" consider events took place for like in decades here, imagine it, before his first departure, he lives with Kaeha for 3.5 years, 3.5 years that has 0 event. Or what you just want this to be another "Slow life Isekai" where he starts collecting his harem and we never see any parting? Cause this is not this manga/light novel and spoiler

He will see his son die, then the elf girl we know since the start of the story will also die

The premise of the story is he will outlived them all, and it will be sad and "edgy" every time it happen. It's the reason why the manga stood out among other shitty writing protag where new shits happen everyday, and we will never even gonna see how those character react to the lost of their loved one or hell, if it even got an end at all.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I guess if you were a long lived elf or immortal who has human friends an important saying to keep with you would probably be 'dont be sad that it's gone, be happy that it happened'

Dex-chan lover
Something that got me and I think is underrated is how Aesir doesn't even know Creias and Martina child.
This bit is really realistic. You don't need to be immortal to see situations like this happening in real life. Where families that have been friends with individuals or even other families falling out of touch with one another as time passes, new generations come to be, the older ones die, and so on.
When Aesir returns to Kaeha's grave and he goes to visit the family too chances are that none who knew him are still alive and he'll just be some sort of mythical family benefactor told about in stories at best.

Dex-chan lover
R.0f272613ed74d87d2e9646a70d4822a9

:qq::meguuusad:

Dex-chan lover
She didn't try to advertise her sword style, she was basically doing sword trick to get money. He was thinking about living with her till he finish learning it, which doesn't happen because Irena came and ask him to help dealing with the Kingdom that is kidnap and enslaving elf, he helps her, which make it so he won't be able to live there anymore. Chap 5 literally spelled it out for you why he can't stay. The problem is thing took time to resolve, ch 12 literally show that when he received the letter that he is good to go back to Kaeha, ch 13 also hinted about the next "big bad"

It's true that his leave did trigger something in her, but watch her mother explanation about the event, she went to the couple asking to have strong childs so they can keep her swords. But the wife is the one who conviced her husband to go through with it, having also experience losing her elf friend, explain in chapter 14, and no, outside of the awkward meeting, the couple lives together till the end of their life happy, their son on other hand may have different opinion, we don't know yet.

Then he doesn't just up and leave, he stay there for 2 years, till his dwarf master ask him to help building a country that welcome other race, his first big promise when he set out to the world. Even this took another 2 months for him to decide.

He was finishing his stuff before the hinted problem in ch 13 pay off, and he has to protect Kaeha's kingdom again. And before he left, his dwarf master still isn't a king yet, cause shit actually took time in this series. In the end, he stays with Kaeha for 13 years, he was even trying to prolong her life by giving her Apua fruits.

Like sure, was he fucked up in the first place when he inadvertently make Kaeha falled in love with him? absolutely. The rest is not even "edge" or "forced drama" consider events took place for like in decades here, imagine it, before his first departure, he lives with Kaeha for 2 years, 2 years that has 0 event. Or what you just want this to be another "Slow life Isekai" where he starts collecting his harem and we never see any parting? Cause this is not this manga/light novel and spoiler

He will see his son die, then the elf girl we know since the start of the story will also die

The premise of the story is he will outlived them all, and it will be sad and "edgy" every time it happen. It's the reason why the manga stood out among other shitty writing protag where new shits happen everyday, and we will never even gonna see how those character react to the lost of their loved one or hell, if it even got an end at all.
You should actually go back and read the mothers explanation yourself. And then go back and read what he says to Kaeha before leaving. She literally says that MC left a curse on her with what he said to her before leaving. She felt the need to create an heir to her sword style because of what the MC directed her to do before he left. She was so in love with him (his fault for leading her on) that she dedicated everything she had, and sacrificed her happiness, in the hopes of seeing him again because in her mind, if she was able to fulfill what he directed her to do, it would make him come back. I'm sure him constantly up and leaving all the time has nothing to do with her erratic behaviour either. The mother even goes on to say that it's entirely possible that the wife and husband were cursed in their own way because they didn't know what Kaeha would do if they didn't give her a child. Hilarious that you think they were all for it. I don't care what the in-lore excuse for all this is. I think the author did Kaeha as a character a big disservice. That's my point. You seem to think that I don't want it to be edgy. No, this was just mid to me and felt flat. You can give lore-based reasoning all you want, but it still comes off as exaggerated with the whole seeking an heir out of wedlock weirdo shit just because MC said for her to pass her skills to an heir so that heir could teach him when he comes back. Like, are you serious? Her entire character is going to be this tunnel vision husk of a person who dedicates her entire life to a single request from the MC? Yeah, what a masterpiece. So unique. Definitely haven't seen that tired old trope in manga/anime before.

Don't try to tell me that I want this to be another "slow life isekai", lmao. And get out of here with the harem nonsense. You can disagree with me all you want, but don't try to reframe my comment with bullshit about harems and generic slow life shit just because I don't think this specific side arc in an otherwise good manga is some bastion of literature like you do. Didn't like it, felt overly dramatic and exgaggerated, and it was. Long story long, it wasn't for me, and I'm more interested in where the MC goes after this, because everything else has been great so far.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread