Kokoro no Koe ga Kikoeru Akuyaku Reijou wa, Kyou mo Koinu Denka ni Honrou Sareru - Ch. 6

Supporter

Last page had me like:
eye-roll-rolls-eyes.gif

Dex-chan lover
Getting kind of tired of villainess manga that end up introducing a reincarnator heroine who ends up being the real villain because she's either a) a selfish bitch who callously uses her game knowledge to try and cheat her way to a harem victory or b) an annoying super-otaku who gets personally offended that our MC villainess is trying to be a good person and "stealing" her attention because she's the hero and the villainess is supposed to be evil and the story must be the way she wants it and no other (while hypocritically breaking the story wherever she pleases because she's the heroine and is therefore entitled to it)

This whole trope is way too played out. Would've been a fun change of pace if the heroine just never showed up at all because of some butterfly effect of Eleanor's small changes. Because I really liked what we'd had so far in the first 5 chapters.

Also we are continuing on our scheduled escalation of va-va-voom. Good.

Dex-chan lover
I want Harry in every chapter just for the va va voom.

His va va voom will save us from the (probably) annoying heroine.

Forgot which it was, but i remember one of these otome isekai mangas had the main char confused as to why the heroine didn't enroll in the school and they found her already happily married to some guy from her village and they moved to the city to make a bento cafe or whatever. And another one had a bunch of girls isekai into an otome game but they became friends because their targets were all different guys. Less evil attention hog heroines, more of those please, lol.

Dex-chan lover
It's funny that it was that My Life as a Villainess manga with Katarina that really kicked off the "reincarnated as otome game big bad and gotta try to not get killed/exiled" copycats, and yet it's one of the only ones that didn't turn the game heroine into a real villain because instead Katarina befriends her and they end up super close (though the difference there is that the heroine isn't a reincarnator too, so she's not bound by that same "this isn't the way it's supposed to be, I'm supposed to win and get everything I want and that bitch is supposed to die/get exiled" attitude.

Dex-chan lover
"I understand why I was trained with poison."
No, you don't. Did you know that arsenic is a type of poison that can be lethal? You cannot train your body with arsenic.

Not only can an individual not develop immunity to arsenic, but attempting to do so is a pretty good way of getting sick. While the poison doesn’t exactly accumulate in the body, its effects can. Continued exposure to moderate amounts of arsenic results in cancers and other chronic conditions down the line.1

1 https://www.syfy.com/syfy-wire/princess-bride-iocane-powder-poison-immunity

Dex-chan lover
No, you don't. Did you know that arsenic is a type of poison that can be lethal? You cannot train your body with arsenic.

Not only can an individual not develop immunity to arsenic, but attempting to do so is a pretty good way of getting sick. While the poison doesn’t exactly accumulate in the body, its effects can. Continued exposure to moderate amounts of arsenic results in cancers and other chronic conditions down the line.1

Arsenic is not the only poison in the world though? There are some toxins that you can build resistance to through micro dosing. He's just lucky it wasn't one like arsenic lol

Dex-chan lover

Forgot which it was, but i remember one of these otome isekai mangas had the main char confused as to why the heroine didn't enroll in the school and they found her already happily married to some guy from her village and they moved to the city to make a bento cafe or whatever. And another one had a bunch of girls isekai into an otome game but they became friends because their targets were all different guys. Less evil attention hog heroines, more of those please, lol.
A) That sounds like an interesting manga pity you can't remember it.
B) I want to know what hilarious nickname the aide comes up with, for the 'heroine'.

Dex-chan lover
It's time to throw this shit into the trash! The super evil heroine!!1111 The useless MC(but maybe she will actually start being useful seeing as she finally used her beauty for something). Now we just need all the character to believe the heroine!

Dex-chan lover
There are some toxins that you can build resistance to through micro dosing. He's just lucky it wasn't one like arsenic
Yes and no. As long as the poison is an organic compound, such as alcohol, there is a possibility that the body can break down the components, thus developing tolerance.

But if it is an inorganic poison, the prospective trainee is unfortunately out of luck. The majority of these poisons either cannot be broken down by the body or break down into even more toxic substances.1

The risk is just too high.

1 https://www.todayifoundout.com/?p=59367

Dex-chan lover

i remember reading the first one you mentioned, but imma need a name for the second one please

Double-page supporter
here comes shitty evil reincarnator orig!fl. Tbh im pretty tired of this trope. Im sure early on this was some cool plot twist but its so overplayed now…
I wish authors did more interesting things with orig!fl role.

Dex-chan lover

I mean, we have historical precedence of royalty consuming poison to get immunity with Mithridates VI soooooo, yes he did.
We don't know the kind of poison it was, but it is safe to assume he does have immunity or very high resistance to a bunch of them, even if the risk is too high we don't know if they know that yet, since, you know, medieval setting and whatnot.

Dex-chan lover
even if the risk is too high we don't know if they know that yet, since, you know, medieval setting and whatnot.
Yeah, indeed. I just hope that people nowadays do not have the idea that you can intentionally build up tolerance to poisons. Because, you know, poisons nowadays are extremely poisonous, even in small doses.

Users who are viewing this thread