Kokoro no Koe ga Kikoeru Akuyaku Reijou wa, Kyou mo Koinu Denka ni Honrou Sareru - Ch. 9

Group Leader
I don't know how you can say this, but then also say this:

If someone always has creep thoughts around hot women (which he does, it's literally the only thoughts going through he's head), shouldn't they also eventually let that behaviour let slip too (under your logic)?

Regardless, it's up to the comic to show us the parent's behaviour, or at least imply mistreatment - all we've been shown is bad thoughts. This doesn't mean that the FMC doesn't have the right to dislike her parents, she CAN read their lousy thought after all, but we as an audience can have a different perspective - and I feel like the parents have been reasonably good parents despite their apparent dislike of their child.

Heck, since we know she never told anyone she can read minds - perhaps the parents really were trying their best to be good parents, despite hating the role?
I will say that in ch6 (p16) there's a memory where she's thinking about how she was taught to use her looks, and the image is her on the floor and she has a bruise on her cheek. It doesn't specifically say that it was her dad who hit her, but... also in this chapter we have a memory of her dad shouting at her for not meeting expectations, and she's trembling after meeting her parents/remembering her childhood.

I mean, her parents could still consider that trying their best to be good parents (different society, different parenting techniques), but I think there are implications that there's been more to it than just abusive thoughts.

And re:Harry's thoughts, just a reminder that translated directly it's "hourglass figure". It's hard to interpret Harry, because it's the literal only thought we see, but I think you're initially supposed to lump him in with everybody else who sexualizes her/judges her because of her body. But I get the feeling that he's just picked a noticeable physical trait of hers, without any sexualization or judgement attached to it. Like calling a girl with hazel eyes, Hazel? Idk, Harry is weird, but I think he's supposed to be anyway. But maybe that's just cope from me, lol

Dex-chan lover
I don't know how you can say this, but then also say this:

If someone always has creep thoughts around hot women (which he does, it's literally the only thoughts going through he's head), shouldn't they also eventually let that behaviour let slip too (under your logic)?

Regardless, it's up to the comic to show us the parent's behaviour, or at least imply mistreatment - all we've been shown is bad thoughts. This doesn't mean that the FMC doesn't have the right to dislike her parents, she CAN read their lousy thought after all, but we as an audience can have a different perspective - and I feel like the parents have been reasonably good parents despite their apparent dislike of their child.

Heck, since we know she never told anyone she can read minds - perhaps the parents really were trying their best to be good parents, despite hating the role?
You can tell. Parents that think as these two do, do project their inner thoughts in the their actions and comments. No matter how much they put on the mask of a proper perent, the fugly still leaks out around the edges.

There have been a few conversations where the perents have backed up their inner voices with spoken commands and "encouragements". Your parental units might have had special circumstances, but these two are only kind enough in front of other to just keep up appearances.

Just think of it this way. Who in their right mind would groom a kid to be married to their future king with violence and abuse. Oh sure there are many settings where this is the case, but think on what kind of ending those idiots recieve soon there after.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I will say that in ch6 (p16) there's a memory where she's thinking about how she was taught to use her looks
Mmm, yeah, it's a bit too vague to put that on the parents. Heck, it might not even be within her house, it might have just been some pushy a-hole.
It's not like I'm saying the parents ARE good parents though, we just haven't been given anything to see that they're bad yet (which is why I joked about the author doing something heavy handed, by making the father or mother "heavy handed" towards the daughter at some point).

As for Harry, I'm not saying he's bad at all, I was just annoyed at the other guy saying:
"Oh, the parents have bad thought, so that MUST mean they're bad"
But then straight after says
"Oh, and Harry has creepy thoughts, but thoughts and actions are two different things"
... How can you be so inconsistent, in the same damn post?

in the their actions
groom a kid to be married to their future king with violence and abuse.
My issue is that we haven't seen that. We haven't seem them do much besides have bad thoughts.
If we were to look at their scenes, without being able to see their thoughts, they'd probably look kind/reasonable.

Which goes back to whether someone should be hated/condemned because they have bad thoughts, but take no action with them.

And they have said things that somewhat back-up their thoughts, but nothing cruel/overt, it's only in the context of their thoughts that it's so bad.

But I'm totally ready for them to show their hand and be actual awful people, I'm just not going to say they're the worst for having done nothing bad.

Let's see it like that : It's like the parents talking behind her back without noticing she's listening. They act like "good" parents in front of her and other, but it's don't change that she's being traumatised by knowing that her parents pretty much hate her all the time.
Yeah it's unfair for the parents to be hated, but it's not like the MC can just forget what they thinks even if she want. And that was thoughts she heard pretty much all her life.

But yeah, more real bad things from the parents would help. Or more nuance in their thoughts. Either one. The later is too late for that I suppose.

Users who are viewing this thread