[Mainsite] Reader ignores blocked status (Chrome)

Dex-chan lover
When advancing to the next chapter, the reader does not pay attention to whether the group/user is blocked.

If the next chapter has been uploaded by multiple groups/users, then it should choose one that isn't blocked. If there are no unblocked choices, then there should be an alert like when skipping chapters.

Dex-chan lover
I can confirm the bug is still around, tested on Edge.

would love to have this get looked at soon. really hate getting my hopes up only to find i've been served troll translator garbage.

Dex-chan lover
Just got hit with this bug again today. Rolled into a chapter by a blocked group that tries to snipe chapters, but their uploads are always equivalent to this...

kYPUdZT.png

Dex-chan lover
I just ran into this again today... what's really annoying is when the blocked group is uploading chapters in pieces, so they're numbered 10.1, 10.2, 10.3, 10.4 etc, where the preferred group is uploading full chapters numbered 10 and 11, so after I finish the preferred group's full chapter 10, I get the sniping group's 10.1 instead of the preferred group's chapter 11. And because they do partial chapters, it hits every single chapter and not just the most-recent one.

Head Contributor Wrangler
Staff
Super Moderator
I just ran into this again today... what's really annoying is when the blocked group is uploading chapters in pieces, so they're numbered 10.1, 10.2, 10.3, 10.4 etc, where the preferred group is uploading full chapters numbered 10 and 11, so after I finish the preferred group's full chapter 10, I get the sniping group's 10.1 instead of the preferred group's chapter 11. And because they do partial chapters, it hits every single chapter and not just the most-recent one.
Uploading partial chapters is against the rules, report them and they'll be deleted/merged as appropriate.

Dex-chan lover
I merged splits for a chapter 9/10/11 yesterday, so assuming it's the same manga I'm not sure how that happened.
Yeah, looks like they did, so that must have been it, thanks! 12 through 15 still have the splits though.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Uploading partial chapters is against the rules.
Not exactly...
3.2.2: Chapters may only be split into parts if the source material was also split in the same way.
If the publisher does it, then the scanlation teams are allowed to do it too. This makes for a very annoying reading experience when there's two teams providing scanlations, and one uploads as full chapters while the other uploads the partial chapters just like the original publisher.

This is off topic though, so I'll open a new post with my idea to solve this in the appropriate subforum.

Head Contributor Wrangler
Staff
Super Moderator
Not exactly...

This is off topic though, so I'll open a new post with my idea to solve this in the appropriate subforum.
To clarify, scanlator-split partial chapters. There's not much we can do about publishers splitting chapters in the first place, so it's not relevant to the rule - these are rules for scanlators, not publishers.

Fed-Kun's army
Still exists (on edge), having to deal with Chillock adding random bullshit to their translations

Dex-chan lover
When advancing to the next chapter, the reader does not pay attention to whether the group/user is blocked.

If the next chapter has been uploaded by multiple groups/users, then it should choose one that isn't blocked. If there are no unblocked choices, then there should be an alert like when skipping chapters.
I ran into a bug where if group A uploads chapter x and chapter y, but then “official” uploads chapter y, for some reason going from x->y sets me to the official uploaded that I blocked.

Dex-chan lover
Same here.

It's one of those things that seem like a really small thing (just switch/go back/whatever) but is really irritating. Especially when it's combined with split chapters, where it then feels like you are dealing with just one hassle after the other that both shouldn't be a problem. Even though you can navigate around it, it manages to annoy disproportionally ^^;

Users who are viewing this thread