Maou-sama no Machizukuri! ~Saikyou no Dungeon wa Kindai Toshi~ - Ch. 63 - The End of an Old Demon Lord

Dex-chan lover
That's one of the most expository thoughts I've read in a long while.

But also, even transparent surfaces can have shadow, as long as they're not more or equally transparent as the medium they're in. In this case air, which is kind of high up on the transparency scale.

So rare that you see an MC deny a challenge, regardless of how dumb it is.

Just kill him. Or if that's stupidly not allowed by those divine ass rules, hold him in place and let others kill him. Pretty sure that's not breaking more rules than that guy already has.

He sure likes to exposit his plan like a true B-grade villain, even if no one is around.

Well, despair is a good word for him. Let him feel it.

I don't think this guy is one to whine about stronger beings stepping on weaker ones.

Aww, and he was so excited to beat the crap out of him.

Of all the possible ways to end this arc... this was certainly one of them.

Should've just let the lynching happen. What the fuck was that?
Yeah, would've been more satisfying. Dying in despair isn't too bad, but not exactly optimal.

Last edited:
So did he possess that adventurer guy or was this entire arc pointless
Maybe its me being overly suspicious, but that adventurer looks like he may just be that demonlord of despair (at least based on the partial look).

It would be so fitting if, in this moment of Black being in such despair himself, that demonlord could hold some greater power over him just like Black holding power over those with hate (or whatever the emotion was).

It would also explain why he would make a contract to give up his body. The only time it would come up was that time when black would experience despair (since when else would he 'stoop' to relying on his failsafe.

Dex-chan lover
Even in death (presumably), the demon lord of despair still bring despair to those he connected to. How appropriate. :ROFLMAO:

Tbf, the scene with Black running desperately is full of death flags, I was expecting something to pounce on him along the way and him dying in a ditch, though he did figuratively died that way.
And well, this is better than the further prolonging of the conflict IMO.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread