Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka? - Ch. 67.1

Dex-chan lover
Shiro didnt even apply, she has no qualifications, and now she's stuck as a god with Gulligulli
It sound similar to an old story i hear about a guy who got lost, accidentally went into an army camp, got mistaken as a recruit that just came to join, given a uniform and then forced to join the training. He technically don't have the qualification to join, but he ends up becoming a soldier anyway

Double-page supporter
She sure didn't stay in her Drider form that long did she... Was it this quick in the LN? Where are we in terms of the overall story anyway? I don't know the status or if it's still going...
If i recall this is like volume the end of volume 4 of the LN and the start of volume 5 (total is 16 volumes), though the manga so far has skipped half the story leading up to this part in the manga. spoiler
whats going on with the other students that also got blown and reborn in this world, which covers quite a bit of the world building.

Dex-chan lover
I just searched for spoilers to see how the relationship between Demon King and Shiro will develop (I ship them since they're cute together because I forgot they are related! That's on me lol, sorry for being dumb) and

I now know the Light Novel ending and fucking damn that's shit. And the WN is apparently dropped? Well, the story was fun but if the manga follows the LN, I might as well drop it now.

thanks for the chapter.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
She sure didn't stay in her Drider form that long did she... Was it this quick in the LN? Where are we in terms of the overall story anyway? I don't know the status or if it's still going...
This is the end of volume 7, there’s 16 volumes in total and it’s finished. Some of these volumes will probably mostly be skipped as they are repeating things and it will be too slow for the manga. When it comes to her Arachne form she will be able to turn into it again later, consider it her battle form.

Dex-chan lover
I just searched for spoilers to see how the relationship between Demon King and Shiro will develop (I ship them since they're cute together) and

I now know the Light Novel ending and fucking damn that's shit. And the WN is apparently dropped? Well, the story was fun but if the manga follows the LN, I might as well drop it now.

thanks for the chapter.
WN is also finished, it has a similar ending, the biggest difference is who survives the final battle and who the final boss is

Group Leader
So let's see if I got this right:

Saria - Main Creator God
Guli - Lesser God, in charge of Dragonkind
Ariel - Saria's Pet Spider turned Divine Beast turned Demon Lord
Real Wakaba - Temporary God and currently running the world system since Saria is out of commission
Shiro - New Lesser God, in charge of Spiderkind

:thonk:

Fed-Kun's army
I just searched for spoilers to see how the relationship between Demon King and Shiro will develop (I ship them since they're cute together) and

thanks for the chapter.
Ariel’s literally her grandma lmao😭

Dex-chan lover
If i recall this is like volume the end of volume 4 of the LN and the start of volume 5 (total is 16 volumes), though the manga so far has skipped half the story leading up to this part in the manga. spoiler
whats going on with the other students that also got blown and reborn in this world, which covers quite a bit of the world building.

No, it's the from the end of volume 7 to the start of volume 8.

In terms of how long she spent as a Drider/Arachne, it was roughly 2 and a half volumes.

It's true that the manga is actually glacially slow and cut half the content up to this point, though I agree with the decision at least for the manga format. It mainly shortchanges the world building, but as I argued before on previous chapters, this manga is more like a companion work for people who already read either the WN or LN. So it's fine.

On the topic of WN, it's probably a good time to mention that the WN version of the entire series was much shorter overall. The consequence for this particular chapter, is that Shiro ended up pretty powerless in the LN and now manga version. In the WN she lost her skills, but not her stats. That opens up various storylines for how she's going to build herself up again, while still pushing towards her new goals. So yeah, still quite a lot of story left in this series. Of course it's possible they will continue to cut half the story, so to speak.

Dex-chan lover

thanks for the chapter.

Without getting into it too much, if you're here for the relationship between Ariel and Shiro, then the rest of the manga/LN storyline is for you.
The ending judging by your reaction is correct, yes. But it doesn't change the fact that the LN focuses quite a lot on their relationship up to the ending, which is why it hammers home more. There's no happy ending in the WN either, though one could argue it's more equitable.

The WN wasn't exactly dropped, but it was obvious that the author wanted to push out some ending for it after it languished for so long. There was a hiatus for some time before the WN finally ended.
I did say the ending for the WN was more equitable for some characters, but it doesn't change the overall basic ending. The WN ended on a pretty edgey finale, the LN ended on a note where only some characters "won". I don't have a problem with that like many other people, but I think if that's not for you, it's fair to drop it.

Fed-Kun's army
This is the end of volume 7, there’s 16 volumes in total and it’s finished. Some of these volumes will probably mostly be skipped as they are repeating things and it will be too slow for the manga. When it comes to her Arachne form she will be able to turn into it again later, consider it her battle form.

Repeating things like what ? Shun's story ? Wait, it was skipped.

Users who are viewing this thread