Isekai Meikyuu de Harem o - Ch. 82 - Amber (1)

Dex-chan lover
@Amariithynar
Coat, made from monster drops
Ok I can see that this would significantly raise costs, but is that really necessary ? Better stats I assume, but not really mandatory ? Like, there's no way everybody's clothes are all magicked from dungeon drops, there has to be a real fabric and clothes "industry" somewhere ?

his first real foray into money-making
is another of my problems with the story/MC. Our boy has been penny pinching since chapter 1, you'd think he'd be a lot more interested in figuring how his powers can break the world's economy. The guy figured the secret to successful crystal fusion and how much dosh has he made from that ? Almost nothing (maybe even negative) coz he bought a bunch of crystals but I think he's only ever sold that copper sword with interruption incantation delay ? And so, after quite a bit of time he's finally trying to figure how his incredible teleportation spell can be used for money.

And I'm aware that the author kinda handwaves all of that away with some "but doing X would make him stand out ! The dude's mega paranoid, he doesn't want that attention !". But it gets a bit annoying after a while.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I was going to say but the raw amber and have Sherry make even better accessories for herself and Roxanne with it but maybe it would be rude having your wives making their own gifts. Then again Sherry is a dwarf so she might enjoy more doing so.

Aggregator gang
@Amariithynar

Ok I can see that this would significantly raise costs, but is that really necessary ? Better stats I assume, but not really mandatory ? Like, there's no way everybody's clothes are all magicked from dungeon drops, there has to be a real fabric and clothes "industry" somewhere ?
There is such industry, as described back then when Michio was selling those rabbit pelts, as I recall the usage of those pelts was eventually for coats, even Michio was fantasizing of dressing Roxanne with such coat.

Anyways, I'm really thrilled that we eventually finished with Palmasque and progressed to Amber. Next chapter - after Amber - is Cassia, and after that starts Volume 6 where Michio finally meets Miria.

Dex-chan lover
is another of my problems with the story/MC. Our boy has been penny pinching since chapter 1, you'd think he'd be a lot more interested in figuring how his powers can break the world's economy. The guy figured the secret to successful crystal fusion and how much dosh has he made from that ? Almost nothing (maybe even negative) coz he bought a bunch of crystals but I think he's only ever sold that copper sword with interruption incantation delay ? And so, after quite a bit of time he's finally trying to figure how his incredible teleportation spell can be used for money.

And I'm aware that the author kinda handwaves all of that away with some "but doing X would make him stand out ! The dude's mega paranoid, he doesn't want that attention !". But it gets a bit annoying after a while.
Remember, he was a bullied high schooler with a dead mother and abusive father. Money for things up to and possibly including food isn't something he has really had access to before. He is moving in to doing actual commerce at this point, not just being a consumer. And while his powers do let him generate money much faster than others, it relies on his bonus points crystal growth acceleration is the power in question iirc, and those are a limited resource.

Thanks for the translation

Dex-chan lover
anybody got anything new said about the novel (LN or WN) continuing... since IIRC the WN has stopped for quite some time now

Dex-chan lover
those chapters take so long to release, i hope they don't spend too much time with the ambar thing.
also, man i would love another season of the anime, but sadly i doubt it will happen tho

Dex-chan lover
So how long will this arc be 5 chapters? 10 chapters?
Also if there was a man who'd deny a request from someone like Roxanne they're either gay or I haven't met them.

Dex-chan lover
@Amariithynar

I remember trying to read the novel long ago, and I stopped because of how paranoid this MC is. It fucking sucked, I think the manga is a bit lighter on that particular mental disorder. Cause the MC is pathological insane. At least in the manga it's not in our faces ALL THE TIME....

And yes, I can get not wanting to be found out. But he's completely paranoid even with his own girls, and doesn't tell them ANYTHING at all... you would think he would tell at least something to Roxanne as she has been around a while

Users who are viewing this thread