Ogami Tsumiki to Kinichijou. - Ch. 16 - Yutaka-kun Runs

Group Leader
Hey everyone, big thanks to @stupid_chris for joining to help us tie up some loose ends, up the quality and catch the many mistakes I make during editing.

Here's a meme that didn't make it to the credits page. Don't let the character development of this chapter distract you from the cuteness of the Shinsou siblings.

A2COnHD.png

Dex-chan lover
I'm lacking words about how awful those adults were toward young mc.
they are a kid!
Don't put stuff on children (literally and non literally).
MC just wanted to have fun with his friend.
But those adults put pressure, even unintentionally on him to be there for his friend.
This broke young mc.

Group Leader
Wooo, turns out Atsuto is kind of another Senga.

In case you didn't notice we got a 4 extra pages (22 instead of 18), which Morishita used for some great Tsumiki/Kiba/Roman
shots.

If you're wondering, the color page at the end is from the Twitter account, and the text is just the same as the chapter title.

Yes, this is really the end of the sports fest, next chapter is Midterm Exams and Yutaka studying (wink wink) with Tsumiki.

I also ordered 3 physical copies of Tsumiki vol 1 and we will be cutting up one of them to get the extras, under-cover art (if any), etc.

Dex-chan lover
"Just keep being there for him" What an irresponsible thing to say. You can say that shit when you're being a cool uncle doing something about it behind the scenes, it's not the actual answer.

Dex-chan lover
Taking winning by a nose to a whole new level there :lul:

Really somber feelings this time, which is a nice contrast to the usual fluffiness. That Twitter panel is absolutely amazing too :win:

Dex-chan lover
That snowman genjin... 🤭

Yoooooo. Good job, Invisible Man! :wooow:

I don't know what's next for Atsuto and Yutaka, but I hope this helped both of them in some way. At the very least, I'm glad Yutaka realized that he doesn't have to be the one always offering support all the time.

Last edited:
Group Leader
That snowman genji... 🤭

Yeah, the kanji for him is literally snow + man, but it's always the Yuki-Onna (snow woman), right? Snow MEN just don't really exist in Japanese yokai lore, because Snow Women aren't made by Snow Women and Snow Men who love each other very much and then the polar stork comes. It's always the snow woman (several different kinds), except for the Yuki Jiji, who is an old man who rides avalanches. See https://hyakumonogatari.com/2013/12/20/yuki-jiji-the-old-man-of-the-snow/ .

I very briefly considered translating it as Snow Woman Boy, immediately realized that was ridiculous, so just went with 'Snowman' - he's probably just a young Yuki Jiji!

Double-page supporter
So why was the black haired dude acting like he had a stick up his ass?

The implied family problems they glossed over casually?
I say it's the standard teenage angst on both sides for Yutaka and his friend.
Yutaka who felt unable to freely express himself as a result of his shy demeanor and fear of saying something wrong or making things worse, chose to bury his feelings deep down as a result. Not wanting to continue living that way, he decided to change by changing his environment and with the help of Tsumiki, he is opening up little by little.
His friend on the other hand seems to be able to express himself freely yet feels trap because of whatever family drama he is dealing with. Be it expectations, abuse, or what have you, he seems to have been suffering as a result of it and chose to rebel by hanging out with the wrong crowd.

Yutaka is basically this "This can't be how things are. I need to change."
While his friend is basically this "I can't change how things are so at least let me have some fun."

Users who are viewing this thread