Ogami Tsumiki to Kinichijou. - Ch. 16 - Yutaka-kun Runs

Dex-chan lover
Another beautiful chapter. And that cover for volume is just as stunning. I hope if it gets an anime, the studio that did Mie-san would be the one to animate this series.

Dex-chan lover
Yutaka's been... basically pulling Atsuto from going further to the deeper end? I think? Prevented him from driving people away, pulled his ass from hanging out with what seems to be a bad crowd, trying to cheer him up not knowing how. So he's spent and Atsuto thinks he's looking down on him with the fake smile.
Glad I was wrong in the last chapter :wooow:

Dex-chan lover
Yeah, please do not consider our credit/joke page to be an actual endorsement of Crunchyroll, who have been a bunch of evil assholes since day one (they started out by stealing free fansubs, including those I worked on as TL, and selling them). Our credit page process is basically looking for a standout panel from the chapter (there are always two or three) then coming up with anything funny to go with it. We do think we deserve a single monochrome credit page at the end for doing all this work, and then there's room for a joke, but we do not want to be one of those groups who posts random political memes or random crap from our discord or begging for money - it does need to be chapter related. Sometimes it's super obvious (Tsumiki vol 1? Take my money!), other times less so.

But anyhow, we are not endorsing Crunchyroll. We ARE endorsing a Yutaka-Tsumiki wedding. Okay, I haven't specifically checked with everyone on the team about this, but I think we're there :ROFLMAO: .
Joke credit pages are my favorite part of fan translations, so please keep them up!

Dex-chan lover
That is absolutely what he's doing, I just kinda think he is the most handsome, most interesting, man in Tsumiki's world but nobody can actually see it? :ROFLMAO:
I wonder if he used like make up - foundation and all that jazz - would we just see his head, or he just doesn't care.

Actually, I just realized... there is not a single cat girl (or boy) in this series yet. We've got no Kitsune yet either. Since those are pretty much the original manga genjin (Tezuka), maybe Morishita's saving for a major boss event?
Part of me believes that they didn't add cat girls of any-kinds thus far - is like I already said once in some previous chapter - to limit the cat vs dog war that could start, especially if said neko was a love rival of the awoo-chan.

Last edited:
Another beautiful chapter. And that cover for volume is just as stunning. I hope if it gets an anime, the studio that did Mie-san would be the one to animate this series
megane wo wasureta adaptation is literally the worst adaptation known to mankind. GOD FORBID this studio EVER touches this title, i would be praying on this studio downfall even more if it lays its hands on tsumiki

Dex-chan lover
page 13 has got to be one of the most genius pages of any manga I have ever read. When I first saw it, I thought the person passing the baton to Yutaka was 'drawn-out' to give that stand-in for Atsuto. But then on page 19 I get reminded we had an invisible guy around so it was both a metaphor AND real in-universe. Like that is such insane use of a character gimmick, I am at a loss for words.

Dex-chan lover
megane wo wasureta adaptation is literally the worst adaptation known to mankind. GOD FORBID this studio EVER touches this title, i would be praying on this studio downfall even more if it lays its hands on tsumiki
They had to give it to the studio who did Do It Yourself, it was a home run in the making and they gave it to the fucking vertigo puking simulator studio. Fuck my life.

Dex-chan lover
They had to give it to the studio who did Do It Yourself, it was a home run in the making and they gave it to the fucking vertigo puking simulator studio. Fuck my life.
I've never been so disappointed after sitting down to watch one of my favorite romance series with my SO. I may have had similar feelings with the Way of the Househusband series, but at least that one was watchable.

Group Leader
Somewhere else someone asked what 'Atsuto' meant, if anything. This was my reply, might as well put it here for you peeps too.

First, we're never told his other name, it's just 'Atsuto'. I'm assuming it's his given name, not family name, because Atsuto is a known masculine given name and his name is only given as hiragana (あつと) where a family name is almost always kanji.

So the next thing is that without the kanji (which are not shown) we can't know for sure what the meaning is, but there are a couple of common kanji for the name Atsuto that would work:

篤人 - kind/serious/fervent/deliberate + person
厚人 - rich/kind/cordial/brazen/shameless + person
敦人 - kindly/industrious + person
淳人 - pure + person

So by leaving his name hiragana, Morishita-sensei kind of makes his name a litmus test. Which of those do you want his name to mean? ;)

(The other usual kanji for the 'to' is 斗, which is 'big dipper' or 'sake dipper', but that doesn't really lead to a reading for us).

Contributor
Does the elf show count as shonen? I thought it was a slice of life with mild action
The only distinction for a series being categorized as “Shonen” is if it is printed in a shonen publication.

Jujutsu Kaisen and Demon Slayer are published in Weekly Shonen Jump.

Frieren is published in Weekly Shonen Sunday.

Dex-chan lover
I feel the mc because I have been in a similar situation

Dex-chan lover
Wooo, turns out Atsuto is kind of another Senga.

In case you didn't notice we got a 4 extra pages (22 instead of 18), which Morishita used for some great Tsumiki/Kiba/Roman
shots.

If you're wondering, the color page at the end is from the Twitter account, and the text is just the same as the chapter title.

Yes, this is really the end of the sports fest, next chapter is Midterm Exams and Yutaka studying (wink wink) with Tsumiki.

I also ordered 3 physical copies of Tsumiki vol 1 and we will be cutting up one of them to get the extras, under-cover art (if any), etc.
Study date:win:

Dex-chan lover
The only distinction for a series being categorized as “Shonen” is if it is printed in a shonen publication.

Jujutsu Kaisen and Demon Slayer are published in Weekly Shonen Jump.

Frieren is published in Weekly Shonen Sunday.
... so it's a pointless categorization and your complaint has no real meaning? I see :kek:

Dex-chan lover
So by leaving his name hiragana, Morishita-sensei kind of makes his name a litmus test. Which of those do you want his name to mean? ;)
Right off the bat, they show him being very deliberate/brazen/shameless in his words and actions. With Yutaka finally standing on his own after sacrificing so long as his friend trying to course correct him constantly or distract him from self-destructive tendencies, he's showing a bit of kindness in recognizing Yutaka's actually starting to grow into his own person. I suppose it could also count in him telling Yutaka not to pretend he has nothing in the flashback, which he might mis-read at first but might really have been a sign of admiration to a degree.

Supporter
Other than reusing establishing footage ad absurdum and those FIRST FIVE FUCKING MINUTES of ep 1, SukiMega was just fine. Project No. 9, however, would be worrisome.

Users who are viewing this thread