Gal ni Yasashii Otaku-kun - Vol. 2 Ch. 8

Dex-chan lover
Is this missing a page or two or am I insane?

I am enjoying this enough but I'll admit pretty much every chapter I have the thought "damn they really did just straight up bite the Marin and Juju duo." It feels so egregious lol.
Ya i think its between page where MC called out the girls while being seduced by 2 nobodies and page after that. The trnasition feels awkward that I feel its missing a page. Probably the missing page is showing ripped body of MC with sparkle effect

Dex-chan lover
This is the story of a loner Otaku, who is great at everything has no flaws and is absolutely shredded...
Yeah and I think this would work a lot better if it just made it the premise initially or part of a gag, but as is it feels so contrived. Like the MC just happened to watch anime and got too invested so he learned skills in literally everything that'd normally make him the most popular man in the world? Like ya'll have mandatory gym and changing and I'm supposed to believe no guy's seen how ripped he is and told everyone else? None of the class saw how strong he is? The worst part is the MC not realizing this. He just comes off as an ignorant dumbass.

A series where the MC is a super elite because of anime and knows it so he's an open Otaku but no one can criticize him with a comedy routine and the gal love interest would be a great subversion of the genre. Currently though I can't even tell if this is supposed to be rhetorical. The author is either a bad writer because they can't write a rhetorical gag Manga clearly or a bad writer because they can't write a realistic entry in a basic genre copying a million other existing series.

Users who are viewing this thread