“Okaeri, Papa” - Ch. 17 - Summer Festival

Dex-chan lover
how naive and innocent a man can be? he's the type that would be scammed and either go crazy ang get arrested or just unalive himself irl

but nah I'm just pissed at his naivety

Dex-chan lover
is he stupid man you are taking care of a baby you cant be walking in front of the person who is holding the baby specially in a crowded space
More importantly, you don't hand someone's baby to a third party!

Dex-chan lover
Come on, there is no way she will hurt the baby, since that would be problematic for her seducing daddy later on. On the other hand, she very well may set the mother up to hurt her own baby publicly; something like having the mom lunge at her to forcibly take the baby back Infront of a crowd in a way that the mother is clearly fully at fault for whatever injuries, etc.

Dex-chan lover
Well, this is still great.
I wonder what does the mum and daughter duo have in store for us.
Thanks for the chapter!

Double-page supporter
Find the mom, threaten her while holding her kid to shut up and look the other way, calling it now for next chapter

Also, I just cannot explain how much I hate the MC (papa) of this series, the way he is oblivious to everything happening around him even when he is forced to see it with the daughter hitting on him, he is not even incompetent, he is beyond that, it's just a failure
100% agree
The problem with these MC-kuns is that regardless of the setting, they all have some shared traits (neuroticism, obliviousness, and hypersensitivity to anything having to do with females).
For a psychology thrilling where MC-chan does most of the heavy-lifting for story-telling, it's really hard to follow the moment your try to use logic in it. Unfortunately I'm not Japanese, so I can't think like one. Therefore seeing an MC-kun like him just bothers my brain, and it's that dissonance that makes me want to read more, expected an outcome that's favorable. Being human is exhausting~

Fed-Kun's army
Or maybe she’s just imagining her holding her future baby or something… right?

I reread the arc and several elements intrigue me. Hiroto's mother asks if her husband will be absent again, and Hiroto's sister hesitates before answering, claiming he's busy with work. (Ch. 14)

Chika (Hiroto's sister) seems to be living with their mother. It's strange for a woman with a family life. I might just not understand the culture. But I wonder if she's on the run. It would explain why her husband is never there since she's avoiding him.

Thirdly, Chika's facial expression shows a lot of concern when she receives messages or avoids calls. In chapter 15, Hiroto remarks to her, 'you've always been worried about others the most... even when you yourself are in trouble,' and again, a moment of worry from Chika before she decides to talk to her brother and he might be able to help her.

Then we have the famous message asking if it's still the same with her husband and that the person Chika is talking to is ready to help her.

Fourthly, during chapter 16, Chika once again shows a worried face when seeing her phone and claims this time it's a call from her part-time job, she wants to go to a quieter place to call this person back, and she disappears.

With all these elements, the theory of cheating is not ruled out and is even highly likely. However, Chika shows a lot of concern and fear, which leads me to think that she may be in a toxic relationship with her husband, perhaps experiencing domestic violence, that she left her family home, is hiding there waiting to find a solution, and during the festival it's precisely her husband who calls her.
If it were her lover, for example, I think she would have been more excited to receive his calls or messages, you know what I mean.

It's a shame that the chapters are monthly and so 'short'. I don't think Toko will put the baby in danger, on the other hand, what she's capable of is manipulation. She could either blackmail if Chika cheats on her husband, or help her if she's in a toxic relationship to gain her sympathy.

Dex-chan lover
Whoa new chapter after 2 months

I'm with certain ppl in saying that the sister meets up with the guy she's cheating with there

Users who are viewing this thread