Saikyou no Maou ni Kitaerareta Yuusha Isekai Kikanshatachi no Gakuen de Musou Suru - Ch. 21

Dex-chan lover
30K years and you still haven't made a move. This is the hardest thing to swallow from this manga.
A man and a woman that love each other and have been together for 30K years without doing it? More unrealistic than magic, now that is science fiction.
To be fair, he only relatively recently broke her built-in compulsion to destroy, and has spent those 30k years afraid little Kyoya might be broken along with his chastity.

Dex-chan lover
30.000 years... mc that's beyond pathetic...
XEwKrXF.png

Dex-chan lover
30K years and you still haven't made a move. This is the hardest thing to swallow from this manga.
A man and a woman that love each other and have been together for 30K years without doing it? More unrealistic than magic, now that is science fiction.
Big numbers in years have always been kind of... pointless in manga, but I feel this trend has become worse in recent years. Of course, they're fictional stories, so it's like, who cares lol, and the writing quality of this is mediocre in general, but I feel it seriously cheapens the story even further.

I might sound like an oldfag, buy my favorite applications of this are in older time travel stories, where the accumulation of years in experiences over time had profound effects on characters' development and the story's emotional depth., like in Madoka Magica where we see Homura's struggles and how she reached past the breaking point, or in Haruhi, with Nagato and the entire Disappearance of Suzumiya Haruhi storyline. (Of course, these are vastly different stories, but I mean in the sense of how they use the passage of time)

But nowadays, this device is often employed as a shallow justification for a character's overpowering abilities without meaningful character development.

Dex-chan lover
mandatory loss scenario because bro refuses to go all out, even if it lowers his and his teams quality of life
That isn't at all what happened...

He lost cause of the cheat skills others have that he doesn't. Literally what could he do against the guy who could literally teleport the flag into his hand in capture the flag? Or being teleported out of bounds? He has not cheat skills, just an absurd amount of combat training. Thats kind of something the other groups have over him, if this was just an all out brawl he would decimate them.

Double-page supporter
I'm conflicted on this. On one hand, nice handling of the now-over-used tournament trope. On the other, jesus christ does this make the MC look pathethic, not to mention my dude gives monks a run for their money with the vuss behavior in front of some tits.

Users who are viewing this thread