Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchuu - Ch. 95 - The Talented Secretary Wants to Be Chewed Out!

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the new chapter!

Emma really is a good choice for a waifu. They even had Hayami Saori voice her for the anime adaptation.
She is also the strongest in the demi-plane if you exclude Mio and Tomoe (from the rankings they made) and to think she is not in a master-servant contract with Makoto (the contract also kinds of gives the servant a good boost in stats, especially since Makoto is the master).

Fed-Kun's army
I forgot about the manga that we are still at recruitment

Dex-chan lover
man to think that the anime is only on the second season and already it's long since surpassed the manga. how are we already near a hundred chapters but still haven't gotten anywhere in story progression. i'm thinking of rereading the novel instead at this point as soon as i find somewhere to do it at.

One can criticize Makoto as being un-leaderlike while also not rooting for him becoming the stereotypical manhua "courting death" tyrant ubervillain. The fact is that Makoto's behavior in this chapter actually is very unbecoming of a good leader.
  1. He continues to ignore his subordinates' pleas for him to behave more properly as their leader. He's in another world, with different norms and mores, and the excuse of "I'm just a teenager/highschooler" isn't going to cut it here. This is made very obvious in previous chapters' "comedy" of (noble) teens his age already having multiple wives, for example.
  2. He fails to defend his own subordinate against inappropriate behavior from complete strangers.
  3. He chastises his subordinate for snapping, when his own behavior is primarily to blame for causing them to snap in the first place (see 1). Even worse, he did it in front of strangers who were also partially to blame for the outburst.
Kindness is a noble trait to have, but in a proper leader it is tempered by good judgment; after all kindness to one's enemies can translate into cruelty to one's allies: Makoto learned this the hard way with those hyuman adventurers. Perhaps he needs to learn harsher lessons still.

My man just let a whole harem slip through his fingers.

Think about it; 200 beautiful busty women who have no problems walking around scantily clad. He's not affected by their eyes, and can make all their furniture and items immune as well. Plus, they're all horny.
Remember that he has a Dragon and a Spider that want all that from him, and if any competition comes, they're willing to thin them out to make sure they're first

Fed-Kun's army
One can criticize Makoto as being un-leaderlike while also not rooting for him becoming the stereotypical manhua "courting death" tyrant ubervillain. The fact is that Makoto's behavior in this chapter actually is very unbecoming of a good leader.
  1. He continues to ignore his subordinates' pleas for him to behave more properly as their leader. He's in another world, with different norms and mores, and the excuse of "I'm just a teenager/highschooler" isn't going to cut it here. This is made very obvious in previous chapters' "comedy" of (noble) teens his age already having multiple wives, for example.
  2. He fails to defend his own subordinate against inappropriate behavior from complete strangers.
  3. He chastises his subordinate for snapping, when his own behavior is primarily to blame for causing them to snap in the first place (see 1). Even worse, he did it in front of strangers who were also partially to blame for the outburst.
Kindness is a noble trait to have, but in a proper leader it is tempered by good judgment; after all kindness to one's enemies can translate into cruelty to one's allies: Makoto learned this the hard way with those hyuman adventurers. Perhaps he needs to learn harsher lessons still.
Exactly this. Makoto isn't a bad person, but so far he's been a terrible leader, likely at least in part because he didn't really want to be one. However, he has (if unhappily) accepted his role, which means that he has a responsibility to the people he's leading. However, he just... has no interest in actually leading them.

He delegates everything he can get away with, goes off and does whatever he wants on a whim and lets his most powerful subordinates do whatever they want on a whim. Frankly, only the fact that everyone involved is stupidly OP has prevented most of his followers from dying. And even then, some did die when the demiplane was attacked.

Dex-chan lover
"I can't use healing magic" proceeds to clear status ailments... What part of curing petrification isn't healing? I can understand the anti-petrification being classified as a buff, but cure-type magic is categorized as healing.

Dex-chan lover
Him instantly creating a solution to the petrification problem is so hacky. If he had a previous encounter that related to countering petrification with his magic that I forgot then I take back my words, but him going "Hmm, so yeah let's add some petrification magic that I just created out of thin air to solve this problem and oh, look at that! The curse of your species that isolated you from the rest of civilization is now zilch!" is annoying to read.

Dex-chan lover
0mIenfr.jpeg

Fed-Kun's army
"I can't use healing magic" proceeds to clear status ailments... What part of curing petrification isn't healing? I can understand the anti-petrification being classified as a buff, but cure-type magic is categorized as healing.
Status ailments are probably categorized separately from actual injuries or illnesses - maybe due to their origin being magical as opposed to mundane? So things like curses, petrification and such would fall under non-healing (you can't fix them with solely healing magic) while stuff like injuries, illnesses, conditions and such would possibly be rectified by at least some classes of healing magic.
Him instantly creating a solution to the petrification problem is so hacky. If he had a previous encounter that related to countering petrification with his magic that I forgot then I take back my words, but him going "Hmm, so yeah let's add some petrification magic that I just created out of thin air to solve this problem and oh, look at that! The curse of your species that isolated you from the rest of civilization is now zilch!"
To be fair, they did spend a large part of the chapter explaining how he's pretty insanely good at manipulating magic, including stuff he can't even cast

Dex-chan lover
Him instantly creating a solution to the petrification problem is so hacky. If he had a previous encounter that related to countering petrification with his magic that I forgot then I take back my words, but him going "Hmm, so yeah let's add some petrification magic that I just created out of thin air to solve this problem and oh, look at that! The curse of your species that isolated you from the rest of civilization is now zilch!" is annoying to read.
To be fair, the novel did delve deeper into how status ailments work in the world. To put it simply, status ailments, no matter the kind, does not work against foes that have a bigger reserve of mama. It's like trying to paint the ocean. You can't do it unless you have as much paint as the ocean. That's why Makoto is immune.

In that scene, Makoto is using that principle on Emma and the table (he's still incapable of using large amount of magic at the same time, so he's not that good yet). As well as using his Kai and magic to mitigate the petrification. And as you can see, even with all those the petrification is still going strong against the table. That's how strong their eyes are. So Makoto has to actively fight the petrification off instead of his usual passive defence.

As for Makoto being skillful with modifying magic, he's not. Remember that Makoto got the skill "All Language Master (minus 1)" by Bug. He's just literally reading them and rewriting them. Then, combined with his understanding on the principle of magic (which is slightly advanced) he's capable of figuring out which words better perform at which chants. So his OPness is actually explained and understandable. And remember that Makoto is always reading books about magic. So his understanding of magic structure and function increases consistently.

Users who are viewing this thread