Sousou no Frieren - Ch. 129 - The Shadows of the Empire

And on the topic of Lineal, I'm like 70% sure that Kanone and Lineal are the same person.
pcefvv.jpg
Good catch!

Dex-chan lover
Bro what? She knows she's being watched, that's why she's acting like that... If I had to guess I'd say she's like that only to not get Fern more anxious than she already is.
She knows she's been watched but she can't directly detect the enemy, which is why her plan is to deliberately drop her guard to bait them in. And her plan worked. Notice how the dwarf assassin got way too close to her at the end. This is exactly the result that Frieren was expecting, just like she told Fern. At that short distance (just a few meters) Frieren can sense them just fine even without mana detection. And again, this is the plan that she was discussing with Fern about.

Last edited:
Serie felt the stab was fatal. Losing blood, her limbs were getting colder. Then, from shadows, a single figure emerged - the mastermind. "Did you really think that banning me for 1000 years won't have any consequences?"

Dex-chan lover
I hope we get to see full power Serie.
The kind of fight where it's basically warriors at melee range from every angle and Serie just cuts them in half, because a mage doesn't survive solo for over a thousand years by being weak.

Dex-chan lover
Bro what? She knows she's being watched, that's why she's acting like that... If I had to guess I'd say she's like that only to not get Fern more anxious than she already is.
She know she's being watched, yes. But she doesn't know what, who, or where they are watching her from. All those assasin's do flew under her radar. In page 5 she herself said. . .

my mana detection isn't catching anything

the guy above @1idd0kun already explains a lot more

Dex-chan lover
Why do I recognize the name "löwe" in this manga? Have we heard of or encountered the guy before? Or some relative (aka similar name)?

Also, a bit funny to see all the words using åäö in those weird ways we never actually would :p Like "löwe" is pronounced like "love" with funky pronunciation (and like "löv" aka leaf), and a swedish dev did make a game called "löve", but we don't really tend to use "w" in that way.
A lot of it feels like something meant to seem german, but with swedish-specific letters. Continuously throws me off :p

ps: how do you even specify in jp that you want it to be pronounced like å, ä or ö?
ummm... All the names, at least all the important ones, are german... Löwe = Lion.
Most are quite clever puns describing the actual personality of the character, not merely the usual german-ish babble.

Fed-Kun's army
Did Stark split off? Frieren herself said he'd be essential in a head on fight so it's strange for him not to be around in the last panel.

*Wait. . . i just realized that all the current batch of 1st doesn't pass the regular 3rd exam that said would kill them all chapter 57 pag 3
My reading is that 3rd exam consisted of 1 vs 1 fights, which considering the comment about her strength would read as "Frieren would be paving a motorway on their dead bodies"
Rationale: the cooperative exam was the exception, and the not-so-veiled implication Frieren should not have been a participant

Dex-chan lover
If this the Avengers, I want the old characters to return: Kaft, Sein and Gorila, and maybe Milliarde, Wirbel or method.

They could just be there by coincidence. Except Kaft/Milliarde, someone like them need a reason. Maybe they are also on the list?

We dont know if Milliarde Is powerful, but as someone else said, you dont just stay alive for thousands of years being weak.

Dex-chan lover
I think the only thing Serie is worried about is whether she should destroy her disciple dream or not since it's baring it's fang at he r
tanks for the food
I quite like this interpretation, ans it could make sense cause she was using the flower making spell.
(OK i definitely love this interpretation)

Users who are viewing this thread