The One Within the Villainess - Vol. 4 Ch. 19 - Dance in the Palm of My Hand

Double-page supporter
/a/ has talked about this series for a long time, but since they have a habit of overhyping garbage in order to troll people into watching/ reading it, I put it off for a long time.
This is really good. I like it.
Emi: Remilia deserves to be happy!
Remilia: Emi deserves to be happy!

A match made in heaven.

Dex-chan lover
While I enjoy the little show that Remilia have orchestrated, I still have a lingering regret that she strikes against a person who've suffered the most. Williar did not deserve to be mindcontrolled and then triple fucked by everyone around him, even if he did foster a sense of jealousy towards Emi.
That is the point, he is not mind controlled. It is not like that his rational thinking is gone. If he really had thought it through he could have not acted that way. It also doesnt alter his feelings for Remilia, therefore even though he had a certain emotional "illusion" of the star maiden, he should have understood how it really is and that Remilia would never do such things etc.

In the end he still deserves a great part of the blame, just like his other friends. Even if the shitty girl has the most blame, Willard is not innocent.

Dex-chan lover
/a/ has talked about this series for a long time, but since they have a habit of overhyping garbage in order to troll people into watching/ reading it, I put it off for a long time.
This is really good. I like it.
Emi: Remilia deserves to be happy!
Remilia: Emi deserves to be happy!

A match made in heaven.
Haha name a few series :>

Btw..
Just wish the chapters came out fster
I read this wn too many times lol.

Dex-chan lover
That is the point, he is not mind controlled. It is not like that his rational thinking is gone. If he really had thought it through he could have not acted that way. It also doesnt alter his feelings for Remilia, therefore even though he had a certain emotional "illusion" of the star maiden, he should have understood how it really is and that Remilia would never do such things etc.

In the end he still deserves a great part of the blame, just like his other friends. Even if the shitty girl has the most blame, Willard is not innocent.
Correct; the cheat items just "raise favorability", they don't brainwash people into taking actions they normally wouldn't.

Basically they made them view Pina favorably, but nothing forced them to be shitty to Remilia. It's like if you robbed a bank just because the partner of your dreams asked you to; the judge isn't going go "its ok, they're hot so I understand" and let you off the hook.

Dex-chan lover

I don't see it that way. If we refer to earlier chapters, it is definitely one of the forms of mind control. The way his personality twisted over period of exposure to the magical drug have led to him and his friend's feelings of inferiority towards Remilia, as mentioned in the manga, as basis to rise to an evil degree.

Q6iDoBM.png

His initial reaction was completely different than this unreasonable and twisted version. So yeah, I pity the guy.

Dex-chan lover
Correct; the cheat items just "raise favorability", they don't brainwash people into taking actions they normally wouldn't.

Basically they made them view Pina favorably, but nothing forced them to be shitty to Remilia. It's like if you robbed a bank just because the partner of your dreams asked you to; the judge isn't going go "its ok, they're hot so I understand" and let you off the hook.
I mean the reason he was shitty to Remilia was closer too "My fiance just tried to kill my best friend, who I love more then anything else"
We know that is not what happened, but to him there is not even the slightest reason, the greatest person he knows would lie about that.

Meo

Double-page supporter
I mean the reason he was shitty to Remilia was closer too "My fiance just tried to kill my best friend, who I love more then anything else"
We know that is not what happened, but to him there is not even the slightest reason, the greatest person he knows would lie about that.
I do believe Pina's influence has affected Will, might have affected his affections and inhibitions. Will thinks Pina is great thanks to the brainwashing and I guess having someone so great love him boost his ego. But although he holds affection for Pina, I think ultimately he still loves more Remi and is just using Pina knock Remi down a notch.

But since the beginning he had an inferiority complex to Remi/Emi but he held it at bay when she cried in front of him and admitted that she worked so hard to be worthy to stand next to him.

He does know something might wrong base on Chapter 14, he refuses to dwell/think about it because he doesn't want to admit he was wrong. What he wanted from that exile scene was not for her proclaimation of innocence but for her to apologize so he could hold it over her.

Double-page supporter
This is the few manga that MC still be villainess to the core and used villainess methods to crush her enemy

not the saint in villainess body like other series.
Yeah, that’s what I adore about this series. Remilia is SO sociopathic, and it’s clear that she’s become a “good person” thanks to Emi’s guidance, but the fundamental quirks and behaviours that a villainess would have are very much still present.

This is also why I appreciated the manhwa Your Throne.

Group Leader
Huh, were we told what happened during the fake saint's charity feeding program? I don't recall reading anything about that before.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the chapter!

Typos & edit suggestions: @lin_tvdchick
  • Image resolution: The images for c19 are rather small, e.g. much smaller than c18. Was that an issue with the raws?
  • p5 Pina and the getaway detached palace are under suspension? <-> p13 The king has decided to suspend the second prince to the getaway site. [I was confused about those parts; I'm not sure if a getaway site had been mentioned by p5, plus the combination of these two lines sounds like there might have been a mistranslation with one of them? Maybe the first one should be something like "Pina is suspended to the detached palace"?]
  • p7 If you provide successful results no one will be able to say a thing. -> If you provide successful results, no one will be able to say a thing.
  • p11 If we continue at this pace it will be -> If we continue at this pace, it will be
  • p18 if a persona -> if a person
  • p20 She's our kingdom's national treasure, the star maiden we're talking about. Just be thankful that she only skated by with a banishment. -> She's our kingdom's national treasure, the star maiden we're talking about. Just be thankful that Remilia only skated by with a banishment. [The "she" in these sentences refers to separate persons. Though I don't recall how Will usually calls Remilia; if he doesn't refer to her by name, then the sentence would become harder to fix.]
  • p22 I don't really understand what Miss Remilia really did -> ["really" x2]
  • p22 But I'm sure I wanted you to believe in me, just like how you wanted to be believed. -> [based on context, not knowing the original text] But I'm sure she wanted you to believe in her, just like how you wanted to be believed. // But I'm sure she wanted you to believe in her, just like how I wanted to be believed.
  • p22 Even though you've thoughtfully supported him all this time by his side -> Miss Remilia, even though you've thoughtfully supported the prince all this time by his side [In the speech bubble directly before this, "you" refers to prince Will, but here "you" refers to Remilia and "him" refers to prince Will]
  • p27 It's impressive how successful your advice to the monarchy to move Willard to the detached palace worked out well. -> It's impressive how successfully your advice to the monarchy to move Willard to the detached palace worked out. // It's impressive how well your advice to the monarchy to move Willard to the detached palace worked out.
  • p27 Erhasha vs. p32 Eruhasha
  • p29 and force Willard have to work -> and force Willard to work
  • p30 lay a hold on -> lay hold of
  • p30 if it will be that simple to be able to achieve something -> if it will be that simple to achieve something // if it will be that simple to make an achievement
  • p33 Williard -> Willard

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread