Onee-sama to Watashi: Ojou-sama ga Isekai Tensei - Vol. 4 Ch. 15

Supporter
Love this series, thank you so much for picking it up
a question
is this the latest chapter of it? since it's been a long time but the official raw still says it's the latest

the dialect definitely needs to be cut back on, or at least use correct english spelling. even as a native english speaker I had to read everything twice, and thats almost certainly not intended.

if you can't write accents without butchering spelling, I'd say its more important to be readable than "have the right accent".

Dex-chan lover
Peak is back!

Well, wasn’t expecting Hinako to acquire a mecha but this should help her in aiding Elis and don’t feel useless. Thank you for picking it up

Dex-chan lover
According to Wikipedia,
Truganini, also known as Lallah Rookh (c. 1812 – 8 May 1876) was an Aboriginal Tasmanian woman. She was one of the last native speakers of the Tasmanian languages and one of the last individuals solely of Aboriginal Tasmanian descent.
Other spellings of her name include Trukanini, Trugernanner, Trugernena, Truganina, Trugannini, Trucanini, Trucaminni, and Trucaninny. Truganini was also widely known by the nickname Lalla(h) Rookh.
(Edited to remove hyperlinks and footnotes)

Dex-chan lover
I would seriously consider editing the dialect out of this. It's very strange to read. The giant is the smarter of the two, but the dialect comes across as borderline mentally impaired. She should't be struggling to form basic sentences.

It's also just not a good idea to make such a significant direction change when picking up from another scanlation group. It's confusing.

Dex-chan lover
Whatever you think the accent is supposed to sound like... it's not whatever is in this chapter. You said it's supposed to sound rough and gangsterish so... make her sound rough. She doesn't sound rough. She sounds like a special needs Bostonian who's also Scottish. If you were to ask me, the first page where it shows up would be better if it read something like...

I dunno what th' "Giant God" is but it looks like it's got a lotta power. A'ight. Show me that ya can protect all'a this. My sisters. An' ev'ryone in this town. If ye're really part o' me, then yer Onee-sama's "lil' sister" an' her "siblin'!" Lend me yer power! "Giant God!"

That's not perfect but you probably get what I mean. You don't need to go overboard on some kind of weird accent. Just get across that she's speaking rougher.

Dex-chan lover
I don't think the dialect thing is working too well. On the fence whether it sounds like an accent or just purposely sounding dumb.

Users who are viewing this thread