Boukensha ni Naritai to Miyako ni Deteitta Musume ga S Rank ni Natteta - Ch. 38

Dex-chan lover
They really want to push Angie's demon roots to their limits, they are playing with fire.

If they just annoy her maybe they can avoid problems, but if one of those "noble" fucktards puts in their mind that they can in any way threaten Bell to try controlling Angie... well, whatever happens, they asked for it.

I hope it's not something too cliché.

I hate how the story just apply real world politics to fantasy without any adjustment or flexibility.

If the safety of the country relies that much on adventurers, then adventurers would have higher social standings and privileges.

And if they don't, the adventurers will make sure they have the rights they deserve.

All it take is someone hot headed enough, or someone who has nothing to lose.

After a few heads roll, every noble would know who they shouldn't mess with.

Too much military power, without enough political power, that's the recipe for rebellion.

You just need an ambitious and resourceful adventurer

Dex-chan lover
"You can't just risk the whole guild for her"
But... she can just fucking leave the guild and go live full time in Tornela if pushed far enough. No one with a brain would take any quest to bring her back if it actually came to that, not that Angie or anyone affliated with her would actually leave the guild because constantly stalling her attempts to get back to Tornela is essentially what drives the plot with her making it back being the downtime before the next big plot development lol.

Dex-chan lover
now waiting time again .. I feel I need to read the novel, but which chapter would that be?

Dex-chan lover

I hate how the story just apply real world politics to fantasy without any adjustment or flexibility.

If the safety of the country relies that much on adventurers, then adventurers would have higher social standings and privileges.

And if they don't, the adventurers will make sure they have the rights they deserve.

Too much military power, without enough political power, that's the recipe for rebellion.

Those stories annoy me a lot because that, i mean in real life nobility only existed because they were the military power and where in charge of the safety and that's why they were afforded many privileges to have them stay put on not go around killing kings over minors disagreements, if your country public safety relies on adventurers and they're the lowest class in society why the fuck does nobility exist ?

Dex-chan lover
I'll only forgive this wrench being thrown into the reunion if it somehow ends up with Angie meeting/finding Bel's wife-to-be elf girl from the past, and dragging her along to Tornela without even knowing who she actually is.

Who was that dude at the start? I was keeping up when it was one camera on the dad and one on the daughter. Now we got like five cameras and two dozen individuals, I fear the plot is getting run in to many directions.

The little girl / grandpa elf is a cute combo, and thanks for the chapter!
probably his dad in the past?
Yeah, if you look at the top of the first page it says "Memories of a young Bel", it's just a flashback.

Dex-chan lover
I get that were meant to feel bad for the guild master... but I cannot fucking stand his character. He's jus too spineless, they put soo much emphasis on how important adventurers are and they do shit like this 😮‍💨

Dex-chan lover
Those stories annoy me a lot because that, i mean in real life nobility only existed because they were the military power and where in charge of the safety and that's why they were afforded many privileges to have them stay put on not go around killing kings over minors disagreements, if your country public safety relies on adventurers and they're the lowest class in society why the fuck does nobility exist ?
The nobels seem to be the ones funding the Adventurers' Guild. But I find it strange that at no point an army is mentioned. Monsters and Demon Kings don't seem like a big enough of a threat to make the whole world join up in jolly cooperation...
Edit: It is also strange that the Adventurers Guild is funded by nobles and even then adventurers have no training and are given no equipment to speak of.

Group Leader

You really don't need to dig particularly hard into Social Commentary to learn how actually a lot of societies heavily rely on Some Group of People while also exploiting them. It's easier to only occasionally spend money on mobilising against a rogue adventurer than to take proper care of them; after all, no matter how strong Angie and her friends are, they will be no match for a whole country's force if she was declared an outlaw. And the more powerful she is, the more important it is to make her an example.

Dex-chan lover
NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! And I was so looking forward to the Tornela gang meeting up with the Orphen gang. Especially Marie and Ange; looking forward to the two of them meeting more than anything.

I hope she just ignores the summons and allow whatever trouble she'll be in to follow her to Tornela.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for translating!

So, what are we thinking here? Creepy noble wants to try and marry her? Impressed by her abilities, they intend to force unreasonable work demands? Some combination of those two mixed with a veiled threat towards her dad to apply pressure? (Boy, would that be a poor choice!)
I don't think its that serious. They're so distressed over the letter just for the fact that they were about to give her off-time.

Dex-chan lover

If anyone is interested in PRing for this series please join the NGS server and let us know!​

reminder for the truly curious and impatient, the official novel is out for this and it's quite enjoyable!

Users who are viewing this thread