Rettoujin no Maken Tsukai: Skill Board wo Kushi Shite Saikyou ni Itaru - Ch. 90

Dex-chan lover
Lot of people who have no idea how deeds to properties work, or lack critical reading skills. The owner died in the big upset, so it was an abandoned home, which the merchant guild picked up and then resold for a highly inflated amount, to Lily and the Duke; a scheme that they had been carrying out repeatedly with other houses, and Lily's house wasn't meant to be in the group that went to the Duke due to the chances of something like this happening.
The irony of you accusing others to lack critical reading skills.

1. The owner hasn't been confirmed to be dead, they were stated to have disappeared (granted, most likely dead).
2. The merchant didn't "pick it up". It is explicitly stated that he falsified the documents. You can't just declare abandoned property your own and sell it. As I said and you quoted, if the owner died it would fall to their heirs.

Dex-chan lover
The irony of you accusing others to lack critical reading skills.

1. The owner hasn't been confirmed to be dead, they were stated to have disappeared (granted, most likely dead).
2. The merchant didn't "pick it up". It is explicitly stated that he falsified the documents. You can't just declare abandoned property your own and sell it. As I said and you quoted, if the owner died it would fall to their heirs.
I said, "no idea how deeds to properties work, or lack critical reading skills"; you fall into both categories, it seems. The owner "disappearing" is them localizing it; it is very clearly stated that the owner was killed and the merchant had forged copies of the deed he obtained to resell it at high prices, and it wasn't supposed to be mixed with the deeds sold to the Duke.

And as for why you fall into both categories: The rest of my original post addresses that, as paper titles do not care if a deed is forged or not; holding the deed gives you legal right to that property, and conflicting claims have to be adjudicated between those involved, whether that's from utilizing force to get all other deeds involved that are considered fake from their POV to be destroyed, all the way to hashing things out between involved injured parties to reach a satisfactory shared conclusion, is up to the parties involved and the legal system the world operates within; the Duke is not the default land owner, as is evidenced by this scheme even being possible.

Dex-chan lover
The owner "disappearing" is them localizing it; it is very clearly stated that the owner was killed and the merchant had forged copies of the deed he obtained
Did you translate the raw? Otherwise I'll call this bs and your headcanon, as both of these points are not stated in the chapter (the owner being killed and the merchant having obtained the original deed before forging copies), as are your assumptions on the legal matters in this story. And EVEN if you did come to your conclusions by referring to the raw, my "critical reading skills" are based on what is presented here and not in the raw, so take your ad hominem and shove it where the sun doesn't shine.

P.s. Just to add: Who is "the Duke"? Everyone has been referring to the lord as just that (to my annoyance in earlier chapters as this left it a bit unclear if he really had a noble rank and which one it'd be or if he was an elected official). If you are accusing others of poor reading comprehension you might wanna be precise yourself.

Is making shit up part of what you consider "critical reading skills"? In that case I apologize as this is something I indeed try to refrain from.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Sure, in any case at least Lily has no right to be there.
Acksschually she has squatters rights. She was the first one to actually live in the empty building, and that holds a surprising strength against evictions.

Dex-chan lover
Acksschually she has squatters rights. She was the first one to actually live in the empty building, and that holds a surprising strength against evictions.
Interesting notion..... Except that Real Life™ works ...a tad different... when squatting.
Especially the notion about "rights"... "Rights" don't work well against baseball bats in the night. Or worse..
There's a solid reason why successful squatter groups are quite militant, and ...not friendly to Outsiders.

Dex-chan lover
Interesting notion..... Except that Real Life™ works ...a tad different... when squatting.
Especially the notion about "rights"... "Rights" don't work well against baseball bats in the night. Or worse..
There's a solid reason why successful squatter groups are quite militant, and ...not friendly to Outsiders.
Well, like you say "in the night" - that's because the ones doing the eviction are doing it illegally. Because they do have the rights, so you can't just call the cops on them.

So while you're right that a squatter has to be prepared to defend themselves against illegal assaults (like Pinkerton goons or whatnot), that's just because the rights are on their side, but just "being right" does not protect you against anything. (Except law-abiding people, which our heroes mainly are.)

Dex-chan lover
ponyb3.jpg

Yeah MC literally got the house from the governing body/lord of the town, it is literally his by right. Like it sucks for the Elf girl but she literally has no standing now that fraud issue is been resolved she never owned the house in the first place so the fact that she's still there trying to argue otherwise is annoying.
What ?? Lili elf girl, she has paid the house tho. So do you want to kick her ?!

Dex-chan lover
What ?? Lili elf girl, she has paid the house tho. So do you want to kick her ?!
Bro is not reading. My guy did you even read the previous chapters? yeah she paid for it but she never legally own it hence the whole scam thing she basically payed for a fake piece of paper she legally has no right to the house the MC does because he was literally given ownership of it from the ruler of the city/town. They even offered her money back once the thing was taken care of so again no she has no right to the house. So she's being unreasonable given she got her money back. The only reason she's still here is because the MC is being spineless push over, he has very right to kick her out. But of course he's going to let her stay

Users who are viewing this thread