1-nen A-gumi no Monster - Vol. 11 Ch. 60 - Teacher, Did Someone Call Me?

Dex-chan lover
Finally, thanks to countless hours of therapy, I can go outside and become a proper member of society! So what do I do first? Visit the place where I've been traumatized, of course! Surely nothing can go wrong!
Not sure this is entirely fair to him. By definition he's not in the clearest mental state. Having gone through a bunch of therapy and work, and apparently been getting better, overestimating himself and thinking "the last step is to confront my fears and then set them aside" doesn't seem that unrealistic, and for some people might indeed be an important step. But he clearly had different expectations, maybe he expected the school or classmates or something to have somehow made them feel worse, or expected them to be tormenting each other and thus miserable. It's not setup as a medical professional would advise, so ideally he'd have run it past his doctor and then been dissuaded, "you're not read yet" or "this is the wrong circumstances to confront them".

But he'd hardly be the first patient to just go out and do stuff of their own volition lol. In a physical context, had a good friend friend just last year, really nice and decent dude and plenty smart normally, who broke his ankle and had a long recovery period. He was good enough to walk around but he was told to be careful for another 6 months about any strain. Then suddenly there was a bout of good weather and he immediately decided to go surfing that day "just this once, it was just so nice, I thought the doctor was being overcautious they're all like that". Welp.

So yeah seeing someone do something that seems foolish from the outside can elicit a "come on, you dumbass" response but in a scenario like this I think a little sympathy is warranted as well.

jak

Contributor
Yeah, we gotta remember that a lot of these girls are monsters who have ruined lives. It's cool they are changing, but they haven't really been punished or apologized for their past deeds.

Dex-chan lover
"Well, well, well, if it isn't the consequences of my actions."

Dex-chan lover
"All the girls in this class need to face what they have done in the past" is what i am getting from this chapter.

Dex-chan lover
Dude signed his death warrant. You don't go back to the place that gave you such stress, you don't intentionally seek out the monsters that caused the stress, and you certainly don't act rashly by stealing a box cutter and attacking a student. Bitches they may be, you just don't do that kind of thing.

Then again, Japanese crimes are always committed by Yakuza or mentally unstable lunatics, and I don't see a badass tattoo on this guy.

Man, a box cutter? Really? That is really weak sauce for a revenge where you have nothing to lose

Dex-chan lover
The problem isn't them changing, they have little by little in different ways.
The main problem is, they never repented to the victims they caused. So far, the only one who has faced any real consequences for their actions was Tsubaki. Not to mention, the school itself hasn't faced any consequences for the things these girls have done. In a realistic setting once the crimes of these girls get out (and yes a good amount of what they have done are in fact crimes), that school will have to compensate not only the student victims but their ex-employees who were victimized by these girls. Erina needs to die though, nothing can fix that broken bitch.

It's the one reason I hate that bitch of a old friend, now principal of Jimi's. If the truth got out about her little sister, her family and her career would be over. The damage done to Jimi, he would be able to go the rest of his life without working. Physical damage, mental damage that resulted to suicide attempt, career damage (which she help put back on track) and reputation damage. That old friendship went out the window when she found out what her sister did and tried to silence Jimi until he twisted it into blackmail. After that flashback....the fact that she actually had the balls to slap him that one time tells me that a loooooot of characters in this manga lack anything resembling accountability.

......that second part had nothing to do with what was said, just rant I've been holding in since I started reading this....
"slapped him"? bro I'm certain she broke an ashtray on his head...

Dex-chan lover
Yeah, we gotta remember that a lot of these girls are monsters who have ruined lives. It's cool they are changing, but they haven't really been punished or apologized for their past deeds.
tbh even if some do regret it i'd rather not have them in my life at all versus them going outta their way to apologize (like those posts about ppl getting emails/fb messages from previous high school bullies or crappy parents who wanna 'reconnect' are usually doing it in a self serving way)

MD@Home
So yeah seeing someone do something that seems foolish from the outside can elicit a "come on, you dumbass" response but in a scenario like this I think a little sympathy is warranted as well.
I have plenty of sympathy for the victims of this class' idiots, but that doesn't change the fact that the outcome could be seen from a mile away. I'm not saying there's no way a person in his situation would do this, but I AM saying that this was an incredibly stupid move.

Dex-chan lover
This is just the consequences of their actions catching up to them. The guy really shouldn't have come back to the school. He's still not well enough to be facing the source of his trauma

did everyone miss the fact that someone tracked the former teacher's new address just to taunt him with an invitation for the festival

this was planned

Dex-chan lover
did everyone miss the fact that someone tracked the former teacher's new address just to taunt him with an invitation for the festival

this was planned
what? it was already hinted of that, main monster send 3 invitations, one to the father of the "not" tomboy, the other to this teacher and another one

Users who are viewing this thread