1-nen A-gumi no Monster - Vol. 4 Ch. 17 - Sensei, you don't hate me, do you?

Contributor
Wow, calm down my man, you will get a knife in the stomash if you're like that with everyone.

Supporter
Based. Not an amazing MC or anything of the sort, but definitely one I'm interested to see either develop or stay the same.

Dex-chan lover
@mommunism
Though what you are saying is right, the point is there's a limit to it
In this manga's case, Momo and Banri are seeking a bond and counseling from Jimi
Sure they can expect tact and some kind words from him, but as he stated he's not their parent he isn't supposed to look for their welfare
If they can't have normal relations with people around them, he isn't supposed to substitute as a friend to help with their loneliness

Aggregator gang
@maxman14 Did you reply to the wrong person? I have no idea how your comment relates to mine at all.

@FiddlePop He is supposed to look for their welfare. Just because the rule isn't written doesn't mean it's not real. Any decent school will rightfully fire a teacher who is bad for the students' mental health. Telling someone you hate them is childish and extremely unprofessional, especially so if they're over a decade younger than you. He doesn't have to be their friend and he obviously shouldn't date them, but it is his responsibility to create a healthy environment for them to learn. That means one where they have some degree of emotional support. I have never once heard someone describe a teacher as good at their job if they don't provide these things. Even strict college professors are usually willing to help when it comes to mental health.

Double-page supporter
@Fiddlepop this. These girls are looking for Great Teacher Onizuka and Jimi is ... not it and not interested in being anything resembling it.

Users who are viewing this thread