100-man no Inochi no Ue ni Ore wa Tatteiru - Vol. 1 Ch. 5.5 - Zombie Mansion

Dex-chan lover
Didn't expect to see this back. If it weren't for the harem vibes, I would actually say this is pretty decent.

Dex-chan lover
@XXXXXXXXXIII I had to copy and paste your username to make sure to get it right.

I mean that loosely. This is looking like it's part of the harem genre. We're 5.5 chapters in, and there's the sole male with three attractive girls.

I am fully admitting to not reading anything past chapter 6, so I could be completely wrong, but that's why I'm saying it has harem vibes.

Dex-chan lover
@dban17474 Fair enough. Thank you.

Just as a question to confirm, is it still just one male character (the MC) and then no other significant and likable male characters in the same age range (roughly 15 to 35)? If the answer is yes, I would still call that as having a lot of harem tropes even if there aren't the classic harem shenanigans.

Dex-chan lover
@comeonnow0 PROTIP: If it's a harem, it'll say so. A dude with a few lady friends doesn't have to be a harem, especially at this level of competence in writing. Also, the MC isn't anywhere near likeable, very much on purpose.

Dex-chan lover
@twinklecake PROTIP: If it doesn't say it's a harem, it could still be a harem. A dude with a few lady friends and ZERO likable male characters in the same age range is using major tropes from the harem genre.

Here's an example. To-Love Ru. Obviously a harem. No denying that. However, we can look at what it does. Only one even somewhat likable male character, the MC. In the beginning, we see some other male characters, but they're generally not likable. Then, as the story goes on, we see even less and less of any male characters even though we know they exist.

Another example. Fruit of Grissaia. Total harem with some of the worst tropes. One guy in a school literally filled with only girls. Then his adult contact is also an attractive woman. Then any antagonists are all males.

Let me be clear. I don't know this story. I don't know anything that happens after chapter 6. It might not be a harem. I can believe it. That's fine. My point is that you don't just look at whether it's tagged as a harem. You look at what actually happens in the story. Don't just blindly follow the tags.

Dex-chan lover
@XXXXXXXXXIII And that's completely fine, and I understand. I've been saying from the very beginning that I don't know anything past chapter 6, so I could be totally wrong, and I accept that. It's honestly everyone else who's upset that I make a guess that I say could be completely wrong. They really need to chill.

Dex-chan lover
@comeonnow0 Grissaia is not only explicitly harem, but it's also a very blatant adaptation of an eroge where each female character represents a route. Toraburu is an even worse example because not only is it tagged as harem, it's literally one of the most prominent flagship manga for the harem genre.

It's very evident to me at this point that you need to actually go look up what constitutes a harem genre before trying to explain to people what its technicalities and subtropes are because you're downright embarrassing yourself.

In other, episode-related news... I'm surprised how amusing it was to see our characters heads lopped off. Certainly helps that there's no gore, no evidence of pain or misery, and the consequences are (almost) zero. An unusual pleasure!

@oldchangeling except if they they all die without one of them respawning their deaths are permanent. Or if they fail to complete the mission within a certain time limit, they all die.

Group Leader
@LLENN I found it in the online raws, https://pocket.shonenmagazine.com/episode/10834108156631783842

Haven't seen it else where

Dex-chan lover
@Pheanix Everyone loved Grisaia. Specially the OVA's owo

@comeonnow0 Yeah, lame harems are pretty boring. But there are some are intended to be harem and actually do it well. I guess you've already read further than chapter 5.5 at this point, but still letting you know, as others already did, that there's no harem lol

Users who are viewing this thread