Both colour schemes are fine, like the other version though. Maybe im just more used to it

Took me a few seconds to realize what I'm reading because of the loss of colour. I prefer it sepia. For those using Tachiyomi, there's a colour filter option there. I couldn't get it to look exactly the same as before, but it was close.

Dex-chan lover
Since a color filter reduces the range of visibility, it'd normally be monstrously stupid, but it doesn't end up impacting this particular manga too much. This is because the author tends towards darker shades of grayscale (i.e. the blacks are heavily distinct).

I don't think it adds anything either, though, despite not detracting much.

I'm happy with whatever the translators decide going forward, personally. If people want to manually readd the sepia, there's probably ways to do that with Chrome extensions.

It's kind of a crappy situation because there are clearly a lot of people who prefer the filter, but while it's easy for a reader to add, it's hard to remove if you wanted it removed. Since the amount of people who want it removed is apparently so small (and/or not very vocal), this is less of an issue though.

Dex-chan lover
I like this version more actually. The sepia filter is actually neat, but since it's something pretty unusual, I have a bit of a hard time trying to read the dialogues (mostly because of the blue light filter that I use in all of my devices).

Either way, I'm happy with either version. The scanlator should stick with the version that it's less time consuming, and everyone should feel grateful because he's wasting his precious time translating something for us.

Thanks for your hard work.

@mmosimca I never understood why some people like colour filters until I read this manga. It just adds some... Life? Personally? I dunno, but I started liking it and now that it's gone, it feels lackluster.

Whatever way they decide to go, I'm already adding my own colour filters when reading some other manga, so I'm fine with it. I'd just like to know how to get that exact sepia filter, since mine is a bit off. I'd like it if they include that in the credits from now on...

Custom title
Staff
Developer
Do whatever makes the most sense to you, but for the love of god don't be uploading duplicates for every chapter. Not only is it pointless, the reader can't properly handle it. I suggest you delete one or the other of this Ch. 54 after you've decided.

I will say that coloring black and white manga isn't normal, and would usually end up in the fan-colored category. Hoping people will get over it.

definitely loses part of its feel from the lack of sepia, it has been around the entire time so it would be weird to remove it now

Dex-chan lover
Wait who are those characters on the last page?

... wait I might recognise them. Don't mind me.

Fed-Kun's army
This confirms with me that this manga loses a lot of its soul without the Sepia filter.
Please continue with the Sepia filter for this manga if possible.

Ugh, this is stupid and spiteful. I knew I didn't like this new team. Stop screwing with a good thing; we've had sepia this whole time.

Dex-chan lover
heh heh heh and there it is, ppl complaining about the filter, time to get the popcorn!

*Eating Popcorn*

Don't mind me, just watching the ensuing chaos...

Dex-chan lover
Prefer the sepia, but wanted to say how much I love it when someone tries to do something romantic and totally whiffs it. 😘😘😘

Users who are viewing this thread