Group Leader
Anyways I guess I have to stick to a more accurate translation if you'd like?

Fed-Kun's army
Ajsjsjskdndkd Black mailing Sabine-chan 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

@Fwaifuxsenpai

Yes and no ( it became a meme because some americans decided to transpose some regional slang online ... ) not that it matters from were it came , though .

Anyway, point still stands ( and I speak as someone that had to do some non-manga TL in another lifetime ): if you're not aiming for a localized TL, you either avoid slang or you drop TL notes, to make sure the original point passes to the maximum possible number of readers without problems. Even if it was to avoid having to deal with some old coots that did tranlations in another lifetime harping you around, it would still be a good idea though ;)

Aggregator gang
Did the author really juat use "Karen" as a pejorative?

IT'S GONE INTERNATIONAL LADS! WE'VE WON!

Fed-Kun's army
I only recently learned what "Karen" meant.. still not liking it. It's also an actual name.
Think it would have been better TL to have "Crazy customer". Liked the "dee buu dee" (DVD) TL :D

Like the TL overall, but the "Karen" joke went completely over my head until I looked at the comments, and I've read the WN.
Edit: I'm old and I don't follow current meme's.

Aggregator gang
Ugh, I can't stand Sabine. She's so freaking selfish, even in the novel. She helps out Mitsuha every once in a while, but it's not much and it's always to her own benefit. In the novel
When Mitsuha takes Colette and Sabine to the neighboring kingdom (Sabine basically forces herself on Mitsuha), she's super rude to Colette when she first meets her. When they become friendly, they take over Mitsuha's RV to play video games all night (basically ruining Mitsuha's original intention of bringing the RV to relax).

And when Mitsuha brings the girls over to Japan for a day of fun and shopping, the girls understandably ask to come back with her all the time. Colette is the one who immediately takes back her request when Mitsuha tells her how much money she spent on both of them for their day of fun, but the selfish princess doesn't understand at all. In fact, Mitsuha tells Sabine that her life force is sapped every time she takes them over, but she still asks Mitsuha of this (I know it's a lie Mitsuha made up, but still!!!)

I wish the author could take her out of the story, gah, she makes me rage so hard!

Dex-chan lover
I for one support use of memes in manga that doesnt take itself too seriously, you cant translate inside japanese jokes so why not make translation something special? however translators get their kicks is the way it should be translated.

Fed-Kun's army
I personally believe that drawings have no age, but there is a limit to what you can/cannot lewd.

Dex-chan lover
@Iwashiii: Be grateful for the superior quality. I certainly am.

You can always Fit by Width/Height/Container & switch to Compressed Images.

I mean the term Karen is just a meme, it’s been discussed in the news. I’d be surprised if people didn’t know the term. I would say that most countries with English as an official language have at some point reported about the new use of the word Karen. It might be slang, but it’s becoming common vernacular. Kick the bucket is also slang, but I don’t think that people would complain since it is commonly used. Karen is just a bit newer. It is, however, interesting to think about the longevity of such a term.

Users who are viewing this thread