Fuck the haters. Keep up your translations the way they are. This is a hobby or passion project, sharing the things you enjoy. Have fun while sharing it!

Group Leader
@Miming_ If all we did was stick to source material, you wouldn't be able to understand our translations. We try to make it seem more natural and take the criticism. The "karen" part was our mistake and will be fixed when we decide to stop procrastinating.

Group Leader
We have reposted under the group Procrastination Scanlation. Get the fuck off our backs now.

@Iwashiii
you seem to be more emotionally invested in the discussion, therefore I win by out-ironying you
abavfl.jpg

Dex-chan lover
@labanina
I mean...alright? Just saying the karen thing ain't a big deal and people being really silly with it, especially if it's bothering you three days later. People don't have to follow your standards.

Dex-chan lover
again with the worthless shitty memes...
i like the series but i absolutely HATE memes with a fucking passion, so much so that if i was given one single wish for anything i wanted, i would erase the very concept of memes thru out the whole fucking universe for all of eternity.

@Iwashiii just saying you're a shit-taste pleb that's okay with circlejerking meme rewrites, especially if FlamingSlime just looked at readers giving them shit for it, for days, without moving a finger and fixing 1 page in their release. "People" don't have to follow your standards either, yet I'm not the only one displeased with twisting source material like that and it's the 2nd time this happens.
4hh0jc.jpg

Group Leader
We meant Karen as a stereotypical term rather than a meme. We will be collabing with other groups to bring better Scanlations. Less memes, but the memes will never again affect your reading experience.

@Miming_ Having actually checked the original source material, "Karen" is a great word choice.

@Fwaifuxsenpai I for one think "Karen" enhances the translation. I'm sure there are some who would've opted for literally "Funny customers" which would be just terrible, or "Difficult customers" which isn't terrible but just isn't that good either, kinda lukewarm.

Dex-chan lover
Wow, shit blew up. I'm all for multiple translations as long as at least one is of quality.

It just so happens that, in my opinion, the one who memes are not. For all the meme lovers out there, you can read your meme. But for us who don't like it, we can just read the other one. Win-win!

Wow, much drama... :p

TBH and as my name has been tossed out in this flame war, I do no care for meme usage ( while my personal opinion is that some people overestimate the penetration of memes in the general population or even the net denizerns ... just because you know what X means and your close circle also knows, it does not follow that everyone knows , you know :/ ) .

I just pointed out that tossing a term that is , unlike some people think, not widely circulated without a footnote is not a good TL practice unless your TL work is directed to a specialized audience that is assured to understand the reference. And, apparently, in this case ( and while I know what a "Karen" is meant to mean , and while, in this case, it was IMHO easy to pick the gist of it by context ) the term was not so widely understood as that, given the ammount of comments saying so ;)

The other stuff ... well, the more translator groups, the better. Let's not shitpost ( See? A not widely circulated word, but used in a context people most likely will know what it means ;) ) other groups efforts for heavens sake ... don't you have anything better to do, like .... read manga, for a example ? :p

Users who are viewing this thread