@Otaku-kun

Actually hard to say. Not EVERYONE in the school is gorgeous though we never see those. And in all likelihood the dad still would have done this. The reaction of the STUDENTS though would probably have been vastly different. He was physically INCAPABLE of getting muscles until he went to the otherworld and its leveling setup overwrote his natural constitution.
Apparently he's a mage in this world, very uncommon but they exist and apparently fight against far weaker threats that people don't perceive. And its a recessive gene in his family basically with one of his ancestors also being a fat ugly ball basically because apparently that's what the mana of this world does to you, while stealing your aptitude for anything else. This is probably the most wish fulfillment thing in this where basically people who are fat and despite any effort never get skinnier or stronger apparently are the bloodline of mages and just never learn how to wield their shit because the vast majority of threats were already wiped out hundreds of years ago so they stopped passing down their skills mostly. Though the manga and LN have taken alternative routes already compared to the WN largely for the better. Maybe this will change or never come up. The LN already blew past where that came up in the WN with no mention so...... *shrug*

Dex-chan lover
Why does he keep saying he has no talent, when he clearly can see himself performing feats of supernatural strength, supernatural reading speed, and magical translation? And even has it quantified exactly how much of a superhuman he is through his stats?

Double-page supporter
@feha Its a bit irritating I agree, but remember that until a couple of months ago in the story he wasn't what he is now, almighty, powerful and skilled, he was bullied by his own family and schoolmates, that going on for several years really makes you change the view on yourself, and that didn't help him overcome his weaknesses from before, and the fact that the only person who cared for him passed away was the cherry of the cake. The other world helped him become what he is now, as much as I'd like him to change his attitude and realise what he is capable of now, we can't expect him to heal his mental scars, that's a fact, and this school will definitely turn him into what we expect him to be in due time.

Dex-chan lover
@Galatheus he wasn't what he is now, a few days ago, sure. And I would get it if he still kept a subdued and/or unconfident personality. But this is about objective 'talents' he claims to have none of, when he knows for a fact he is superhuman in many ways thanks to visible, quantifiable, objective statistics and skills (alongside performing actions that clearly is beyond the human scope). Claiming he can't compete in any way with regular humans is just being obtuse and possibly escapism, it is not a case of his prior attitude persisting.

I wounder how different it would have went if he was still fat? I'm pretty sure she would have been more mad because they would have been beating the shit out of him.

No matter how bad your self-esteem is, going through an obvious change (LIKE TAKING DOWN LITERAL MONSTERS) should at least make you go "Hm.. Maybe I'm a bit strong?" He took down that pompous celeb, he carried things all at once when before he would need a dozen trip, and still think that's nothing?

Like he could just go "my talent is lifting heavy things" and go lift a truck-kun.

@feha I think it is more along the lines that he belittles himself so much to the point that he doesn't think that he deserves to compete, despite the fact he has the abilities to do so now. On top of that the fact that his abilities are so great and didn't come naturally and he could feel that he isn't deserving of his newfound abilities or even feel that he is responsible to not use them for his own gain.

Group Leader
@feha I'd say that his psyche not catching up with his new circumstances is quite believable. As cliche as the author and artist have set this scenario up to be, it's unfortunately quite a plausible scenario that can happen even in the real world ( a bit less dramatic and magical of course ).
Being the repetitive target of bullying can seriously damage to the ability to objectively view oneself as a desirable, capable, or effective individual. So even though you're correct that the lad objectively knows his abilities, one's trauma being much more outspoken than one's true value is something that happens far too often. Him being in an asian society, probably isn't doing him any favours either since some cultures just don't deal with the concept of mental health all that well. Which is a pity, since the psyche is so much easier to damage than to heal.

@lightning90 That'd require people willing to tell him. The modeling-girl, new school fellows, and the principal seems to be just the set up for helping him to get a grasp on his new OP status and a more believable way for the MC to escape his self esteem issues than for him to just snap out of it on his own. So far I'd say the author's done a reasonable job of managing this part of his character growth though it may not be as enjoyable or even likable

Dex-chan lover
Those two guys remind me of Han Shinwoo and Woo Ik-Han from Noblesse. I hope it stays that way.

Fed-Kun's army
The imposter syndrome to not make mc the usual “super chad after going to another world” shit, I’m loving it.

I really like how did not become a dumbass thinking "Oh shit I'm fucking strong now I'll get a confidence boost out of fucking nowhere." He still has the same personality. He likes to help people and it's not something like helping everyone even if it's someone who bullied him or trying to get in a fight with him(for example that model-boxer). Really did not expect it to be this way but it's awesome.

Double-page supporter
This MC is so down to earth unlike most in this kinda story. I think I'll like this one

Double-page supporter
I love this but I'm vexed lol. Gonna have to let this simmer for a few weeks & hope for updates before binge-reading this again.

Users who are viewing this thread