Dex-chan lover
@DocChimera: Formless isn’t any set technique; any “moves” are made mid-fight like you said, but purely on the basis of countering the opponent (and if previously created moves apply, they can of course be used against other opponents as well, such as when Agito “bent” Gaolang’s punches). That’s why Agito’s combination of formless and martial arts and his rapid improvement in quickly switching between the two combat philosophies was such a threat in KA.

I’d say Tian here is different from the Tiger’s Vessel guy we met. We already know the flaws of going all in on Formless alone, and while I’m sure the further teachings Tian received on Formless would patch that up to some extent, he’s way too cocky and confident in it for it to truly be the ultimate combat style, narratively speaking.

I’d say we’re in for another curb stomp battle, even if Tian manages to recover a little with barber his next HOWEVER is.

xpt

Think of it this way.

The guy who taught Lu tian the Formless got killed. Ergo it's not really perfect even with Advance, he just doesn't really know of it. Meanwhile Agito who sparred with the Beard, might not be a super formless pro, but he knows how to dismantle the style. Lu Tian is another Toa Mudo, so confident in himself that he's in for a total ass beating.

Double-page supporter
Is that his signature move, "Martial Arts"?

pogchamp

Dex-chan lover
this man really thinks Agito only trained in the Formless style after getting his bearded beatdown, hah

Double-page supporter
I suppose that next chapter will be about Agito travelling and learning martial arts around the world, blending everything together and just naming it Martial Arts because any other name wouldn't do justice.

Dex-chan lover
There's something oddly unsettling and comforting about the fact that top-tier Worms like him can be genuinely nice/personable people outside of fighting and their Worm activities.

Dex-chan lover
I'm pretty sure that fighting the Beard, Agito had a breakthrough and learned quite a bit but I doubt this'll be an easy fight. I'm really looking forward to the next chapters and how he'll deal with a superior formless style. Against Gao-lang who was superior in striking he did get a bit lucky and I'm not sure he has the tools to break Lu Tian's formless down.

What I'm curious about is whether Lu Tian was hiding his worm identity as well as his formless style or if he was actually using his formless style in Purgatory. After all, claiming his formless style is the ultimate style and then not putting it to the test might be his undoing here.

It's pretty funny seeing Lu Tian claim that he's a real person. He's really desperate about being the original, the ultimate, the real the perfect, but well we all know these guys have got damage.

I still don't understand why Lu Tian is so proud that no one found out he is a worm until today when it clearly doesn't appear to be important to hide this fact since he revealed it himself! Also, I guess his dentist might be a worm too (and I'd say you need one if you're going to take fists in the face) since his tattoo is on his tongue, although I guess normal people would just be WTF and move on.

@diablossa
And grin like you're crazy! That's the formless style!

@RWorld
It says Room 187 on Lu Tian's bracelet. It also wouldn't be surprising, considering the nature of the trial, that the remaining survivor was too wounded (while surrounded by rotting bodies) to survive the 3 months. So I would say there was more than a second one.

Thank you sooo miuch for the chapter. Why does he yells so much in page 21? hahahaqhah xDD

Fed-Kun's army
we've finally seen formless vs formless, now we just need demon's bane vs demon's bane showdown to break the law of conservation of energy

are my memories just hazy or is this the first time they name dropped koga's fist eye?

Banned
@Tersione
I think its a way for the author to tell us that being worms is more of faith thing instead of what defines who you really are.

@KeiosKod That was my original understanding when it first appeared, but the way that they're both using the precise same standing stance (which Kanoh used against Gaolang and seemed to have invented right there and then) makes it seem as if they're not presenting Formless as a pre-set series of techniques... which uh, defeats the point. Especially since this dude is now like 'my master taught me a better type of formless.' Which again, seems to defy the concept.

Users who are viewing this thread