sequel bad because i have to wait week for my brash assumptions to be addressed

Dex-chan lover
@PyroclasticFlow: Not speaking of plot matters since people can be widely inconsistent about that, but the fights don’t feel as good. They feel... too clean? In how the choreography is played out. It feels off when comparing it to KA. For sure there’s still some hype like with Julius, but it feels like this is just a part of the entire story that we’re moving past. Which, I suppose, is true since KA, in comparison, was completely focused on the tournament while this Kengan vs Purgatory match is just a lead up to other events and a bigger plot in the future and I feel like this mentality is affecting the authors’ design decisions regarding these fights and how they’re treating them.

The sequels not as good because you can only have so many twists in a fight manga before you start teaching for silly shit. Also they are running out of relevant and battle tested martial arts. The first series had such defined characters and fighting styles and while there were some goofballs and plenty of suspension of disbelief, there was a lot of real world technique breakdown. Goofy stuff is fun sometimes but now everything is just a reverse of an establiahed character, a new version of foresight, or a crappy esoteric Martial Art no one has proven in a mixed Martial Arts setting.

I agree, this sequel is nowhere near as good as Ashura. I think the fact that they decided to make the worm as big as it is, when in Ashura it's some small creepy faction, causes a lack of focus on the thing we're all here for: some good ass fights. The fights are still good, but the motivations and the emotional impact that Ashura had is nowhere to be seen, and the only reason I started reading this, and why I still am, is because of the fights, but man everything else just gets in the way. Simplicity is often better and I hope the writers can learn from this because it sucks to see such a great manga go downhill. Hopefully, it's worth it.

Two Things I noticed after re-reading.

One: Koga is definitely not the Omega, but it looks like that he's the Kengan this time around with his 'fist-eye'. So the Kengan Omega here is Koga and Ryuki, just like Kazuo and Ohma making up Kengan Asura

Two: I'm curious about the other Tokita Niko and the whole Gu chamber thing, pretty sure Setsuna said that Tokita Niko (Ohma's master) killed the other Tokita Niko, but the latter was able to injure the former enough and allow Taira Genzan to kill Niko. It's just that Lu Tian's claim does put it into question whether or not he was the disciple of the same another Tokita Niko or if there are more than one of Gaoh Mukaku students that sides with the Worms.

Would be happy to receive thoughts and comments.

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

Dex-chan lover
page 7 :
- ... only enough food ... for 1 of you ... for 3 months .
- actually , the last survivor doesnt have to worry about food , because there will be plenty of "fresh meat" for him to eat , lol ( the human corpses ) .

page 9 : what the hell ? everyone just left ryuki crying alone in the hallway ? and then they just go watching the match instead ? what if some worms attack/kidnap him in the hallway ?

Dex-chan lover
the gu ritual : a teacher locks his male , young , virgin students inside a room , so they will "deepen their bonds" , this reminds me of this NSFW manga , lol : https://mangadex.org/title/37841/misshitsu-kankin-av-tarenagashi

I dont think the worms would attack ryuki right after proving himself by killing Naidan. I just got a feeling that the worms got some sort of similarity to Kiryu setsuna depicting Ohma as a god. but the worms just view ryuki as a connector to be ascended or something. Just my theory

Users who are viewing this thread