ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA VS MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA

Dex-chan lover
@DocChimera Agito’s always used that stance when he switches to Formless, though? Against Gaolang and Gensai. Considering how Formless is all about coming up with new movements on the fly, I would just assume that beginning stance is the easiest stance for them to begin from. That is to say, the most flexible form to evolve towards a particular direction from.

@Stevethebarbarian That weird infinity motion wasn’t created for Gaolang in particular. It came up again against Kuroki in Agito’s fight with him (223-224). And as for why they are both using it, given that they both were taught the Niko Style as a basis and assuming that Formless was something they learned from their trial in the same way Ohma learned Demonsbane from instinctively combining everything he learned, then that stance is the natural conclusion Niko Style users would eventually arrive at as they discover Formless.

Remember that Formless is something that is created in the battle itself. Whatever stance it starts with would eventually be overwritten as the user creates their counter “style” against the opponent. Also, Agito never used Formless against Okubo. You’re mistaking Formless for his habit of copying his opponent’s style and beating them in their specialty. Agito always used this stance when he switches into Formless.

@Kireato I don’t think he’s proud that no one figured him out. That’s just his rape face when he uses Formless, like Agito.

the Moment Kanoh Said "we" I could smell the intensity. and the intensity was me shitting myself|

does anyone know what martial art "formless" relates to if any?

@Unlimitles - It refers to the PRINCIPLE (as Jeet Kune Do is not a martial art) of using what works instead of what is best known. You follow your instincts and practice only what's necessary.

http://www.jeetkunedo-biomechanics.com/id4.html

Dex-chan lover
This fight oddly reminds me of Funke's video about "State of movement in shooter 2" where he describes that while Movement and Shooting/Aiming are important too even back then, they were still very separated. But now, movement and shooting are more together now, with things like jumping and stuffs like sliding and things like that.

In this, they both join both "attacking" and "defending" together. It's not counter attacking, this is pretty much joining them together to almost indistinguishable.

Dex-chan lover
@Grimmycoffee That’s pretty much the purpose of pre-initiative, isn’t it? Reading ahead while leadings the opponent into the moves they want them to make so that they could deal a critical blow.

Fed-Kun's army
I don't know if it's because I was able to read the first series all at once and am having to wait on this one, but does this sequel still just feel "off" or something to anybody else? I'm not really sure why, it just doesn't seem to be clicking with me at all.

Users who are viewing this thread