Calling it now, lu has reached his full potential, agitohs whole thing is that he constantly evolves and gets stronger,l. Agitoh will "evolve" and surpass lu in the next chapter

@PyroclasticFlow

The whole plot is driven by the worm and the mystery of the ohmas so their mention isn’t out of the ordinary and more to the point inventible unless the mangaka intention was to do a slice of life but with martial arts. it’s not at all a factor in how varied the fighting styles are either.

Just in this tournament the new style have been

A hulk that specializes in counters

A boxer who incorporated break dancing

A ninja weaboo who used a poison toe

Blocking centered around elbows

Diet agito

Now we get to see formless v formless and the promise of seeing a prime ohma AND two kures fight? I don’t see the problem here the matchups are still great

Dex-chan lover
@RichardPercival: Evolution is just referring you Agito improving as a fighter. It’s not really referring to anything specific, it’s just thematically linked to Agito given the Gu ritual pretty much best in the concept of survival of the fittest into their heads. Formless just makes it easier for Agito and Lu Tian to “evolve” as they’ve developed a highly keen sense for combat that lets them analyze and come up with counter-measures on the spot.

@PyroclasticFlow: Following what N0b0dy07 said, this is less Purgatory vs Kengan Association as it is Worm vs Kengan Association. They failed to infiltrate the KA through Hayami, so this time they’re doing it through this merger deal after having already thoroughly infested Purgatory. So there really isn’t anything wrong with there having been these many infiltrators, and it’s already been hinted that the KA was aware of this and warned Toyoda in advance, hence why he’s called up Muteba now for a job.

Personally, I do find the fights lacking. Not really with the dramatic flow they have, but purely on the fight choreography itself. If I had to name what specifically, I’d say it’s the lack of more, uh, sequential action panels? Where you can clearly feel how each panel leads to another and the POV of the panel doesn’t feel too much like the scene is being shot from a different ion direction, or at least not unnaturally so. Okubo’s fight against Agito is a good example of what I’m talking about with his gimmick of transitioning between blows, throws, and holds.

Additionally, I feel like the authors are also starting to overuse that technique of having all these phantom limbs waving about in one panel, like when Lu and Agito were exchanging lots of blows all at once in a single panel. Makes it feel like they’re trying to condense the action in these fights instead of spreading it out more.

This chapter is really showing how much the artist improved, it’s amazing

Double-page supporter
@N0b0dy07 @KeiosKod

I think the problem is that the mangaka is trying to do something different without it being different enough, maybe. Exploring these particular factions isn't a bad idea, but I think it would have been better if they had stuck to the more open-ended format that this sequel started with, or kept this tournament much shorter. Right now it feels like they're trying to redo the original with a big tournament format but are also trying to continue the Worm plotline and they aren't really meshing. I think it wither should have been a mostly-new story using the same sort of tournament format or a non-tournament exploration of Worm/the Nikos.

Nah. People complaining are right. The best parts of this series are retreading and it's becoming more obvious. "He's gonna win" and flags like that in every direction. It's not that it's gotten bad as much as it has failed to evolve into anything more than a conceptual treadmill that is running out of real world fighting styles to explain. I still like it but I am critical of the things I like.

Awwwwwww shit boi! You ded now! You did a big fucky wucky. Now go to the forever box. (I have the pic, but no clue how to put it here... if anyone can tell me, that would be great)

Users who are viewing this thread