25-ji no Ghost Writer - Vol. 1 Ch. 1 - Higurashi Tsugumi

Dex-chan lover
Can't tell which path this story will take. That maid has a big part in making up his fetishes.

Dex-chan lover
This premise has so many possibilities that I have to see where it goes: followed!

Double-page supporter
Isn't this guy supposed to be an intelligent young author/novelist?

The buildings don't look that old, so it's not like anyone else could have died in that area other than his parents and his maid. Even if he forgot his maid's face, if he didn't recognize the ghost as being his mother, then by logical deduction, he should have quickly realized that it was his maid. It certainly couldn't have been his dad... I hope (lol).

I dislike when authors make a supposedly intelligent character temporarily stupid, like in that scene, just to drag out the number of panels/pages.

@tblst
"I would be riddled with guilt for the rest of my life if that smile came back to haunt me of what I couldn't protect."

He was 4 or 5 years old. There's no way a tiny toddler is going to be able to protect and save his parents or maid from a fire, so absolutely no reason to feel guilt. Only feel lucky and grateful at having escaped alive.

If anything, she might have been the one who saved him (if it wasn't his brother), and then she may have succumbed to, and ultimately died from, smoke inhalation after getting him safely out of the house.

From wikipedia: "Some 50–80% of fire deaths are the result of smoke inhalation injuries, including burns to the respiratory system."

Double-page supporter
As soon as I read her name, only one thing reverberated inside my mind: Nico nico nii!
It took me a few years to get rid of this shit and now it's back, oh gawd. D:

Dex-chan lover
@Sola Hey, I'm not putting blame on the MC. it's just that the idea of seeing a loved one in corporeal form hurts way worse than them staying dead.

Double-page supporter
@tblst "Hey, I'm not putting blame on the MC. it's just that the idea of seeing a loved one in corporeal form hurts way worse than them staying dead."

Well, I never said you were blaming him. I only said that there's no reason for MC to feel guilt.

Dex-chan lover
anyone else concerned with his migraine? honestly it sorta feels like a cliche is gonna appear about how the MC had partial amnesia and he was the one who started the fire that killed his parent and the maid. Bonus points if its bc the maid found a lover (who's still alive and will appear later on) and little kid MC got jealous.

Dex-chan lover
yeah i rather dig these, ghost thing.
than "my mother reincarnated into my kouhai or my mother is born again as kid"

My brain screaming not to read this because im gonna hurt myself, yet my soul say yes

Users who are viewing this thread