4P short stories - Ch. 4 - A boy who doesn't understand the meaning of life

ending: dude already killed himself at the end, if you didn’t know. I think.... yeah I’m positive.

Wait, there "was" a reason to live? He died? Huh, I don't know how to feel about that.

@Korenix yeah, let's be positive

He died? How? Can't we Occam's razor our way outta this one? I mean that's clearly a hospital where they're staying at, and saying that she would die too if he suicide, that should've gave a clear insight on what happened.

Double-page supporter
@FallenAngel I mean, that could be in the sense of "I didn't realize there was something here all along" type of 'was', otherwise why would she be declaring that she'd kill herself if he died, if he was already dead lol

@Short_Circut That could be true, but I'm making the assumption based on the previous chapters where all of the endings are sad. As for her saying she'd kill herself, she could be visiting his dead body, saying her final goodbye before killing herself to join him. I also see the last panel as a representation of him wanting to reach out to her, but due to the curtain (or barrier) he can't. There's also no interaction between the two of them, as their chat bubbles would work even without the other person talking.

Double-page supporter
@FallenAngel that's fair. In terms of the other endings though, 1 was bittersweet (the note scribbling), 1 was sad (the dull romance) and 1 was a twisted happy ending one (the loner one). From what I can tell most of the rest of the shorts have happy endings to them (and not in a bittersweet way), so I don't think it's unreasonable for this one to have a happy ending, or at a very least a twisted happy ending like the last one

Users who are viewing this thread