@MangaField
no it's not because of spoiling
character archetype like kuroki, the "overwhelmingly strong old master" will always have a certain amount of fanbase and hype, and were expected to lose against the final boss, giving way for MC later
kuroki's hype didn't start after his first fight with rihito, but after the fight with setsuna, especially the "I won't lose against improv" line was memorable

I mean, of course the hype went from 0 to 100, HE WAS EXPECTED TO LOSE AGAINST SETSUNA
read again, old master always expected to lose against MC's final boss, the same way nympho asshole expected to lose against crazy murderous psycho (in this case muteba, that's why people also love him)

but he didn't, that's why people love him

Dex-chan lover
@MangaField
Gensai is the guy who ended up demolishing the psychopath everyone assumed would fight the main protag in the final. Of course he was going to gain fans after that. People lose their shit whenever characters with preconceived plot armor get rekt. Plus what made him even more likeable was the fact he went into this tournament with no BS gimmicks. Just pure old-fashioned hard work. Then there is his comedic relationship with Rihito and his previously hinted at knowledge of Niko. Not to mention the insanely common use of the OP Old man troupe. This guy didn't come outta no where,you just weren't paying attention. Not everyone who was rooting for him read the raw's. That's just a baseless accusation right there

Dex-chan lover
@0takuDragonSlayer

I was talking about the time right BEFORE the fight against Kiryuu.
I didn‘t say every Gensai-fan at that point read the raws.
But there was a massive influx of people hyping him up without any reason - except that they knew that Gensai will win the tournament,

Don‘t be blind.

Dex-chan lover
@simplethrone

Again: again, I was talking about the time BEFORE Gensai fought Kiryuu.
Why are you guys unable to read my comment? I clearly stated that I was talking about BEFORE that fight.
And the fight against Rihito was hardly enough to warrant this big hype for Gensai.

Why are you guys so stubborn and don‘t want to see that obviously there were some loser who didn‘t have enough control to not read the raws and then spoil it?
That‘s human nature, lol.

@MangaField

"Why are you guys so stubborn and don‘t want to see that obviously there were some loser who didn‘t have enough control to not read the raws and then spoil it?"
I don't know, why are you so stubborn claiming that gensai's hype comes from nowhere, and everyone who hyped him NOW, is clearly an asshole spoiling from raws and his fanbase is totally undeserved due to spoiler

my point is NOT that NOBODY spoiling anything from RAW (even in this comment section, i can count 1-2 spoiler asshole below, and that's with no knowledge of the RAW)
my point is, no matter how much fake hype generated from spoiling, it won't matter to shit because Gensai will be hyped anyway, after setsuna's fight

admit it, the entire point of you complaining is not about gensai hype that comes out of nowhere (which is what people clearly responding to) but your enjoyment of this manga decreases because of spoiler assholes
you're only searching scapegoat for your dissatisfaction

TLDR: gensai's hype and fanbase has no correlation whatsoever with spoiler

Dex-chan lover
@MangaField
Yes because people wanted that psychopath to freaking die due to being such a shitty character. There were still a lot of people who were genuinely surprised he even won that fight

Dex-chan lover
@simplethrone

....honestly. i don‘t understand how you can not see the correlation.

By having Gensai hyped up before the Kiryuu match, it was clear that he will at least get into the semifinale, which was NOT clear for someone who didn‘t read the raws. Gensai had barely any screentime except for the Rihito match which was pretty underwhelming.

The fact that suddenly people were fanboying over Gensai instead of Julius or Raian or Saw Paing or anyone else who won their first match, confirmed that Gensai will play a big role and probably will win the tournament.
What was the difference between Gensai and anyone else who won their first round? Exactly - nothing!
Except that some people read the raws and knew Gensai will become very important, hence they hyped him up in the comments to the english chapters and hence anyone with half a brain could conclude that Gensai will be in the finals and porbably win the tournament.

And yes, I am pissed that we got spoiled. Are you not?

@monkey123 oh. Then Gragas is a man amongst men according to Olaf. XD

@Mangafield you are too much. "It's not a conspiracy theory" then
Don‘t be blind.
WaKe uP SheEple!

Then you go from "all those who hyped the beard at the beginning are raw readers who jerk off to spoiling me" to
Why are you guys so stubborn and don‘t want to see that obviously there were some loser who didn‘t have enough control to not read the raws and then spoil it?
. Nice try changing your words to make it seems like we don't understand you when you're the one trying to modify your previous affirmations.

And finally, your masterpiece:
The fact that suddenly people were fanboying over Gensai instead of Julius or Raian or Saw Paing or anyone else who won their first match, confirmed that Gensai will play a big role and probably will win the tournament.
What was the difference between Gensai and anyone else who won their first round? Exactly - nothing!
Except that some people read the raws and knew Gensai will become very important, hence they hyped him up in the comments to the english chapters and hence anyone with half a brain could conclude that Gensai will be in the finals and porbably win the tournament.
Nice and long fallacy. Sadly, it doesn't actually proves or explain anything. Those things are similar but different, let's assign some random reason to the difference and act like I just proved it is NOT a logical process.

Dex-chan lover
@anotherone

Are you Jordan Peterson? Because you write fancy words without saying anything.

People read raws. People hyped Gensai though we didn‘t see any signficant thing from him at that point.
That are two objective truths. In combination they mean that people were spoiling Gensai‘s future role in the tournament.

It‘s really simple.

@MangaField
People were hyping him because they hated Setsuna and wanted him to lose. I went through that fight fully expecting Setsuna to win despite everything. And of course him taking down an extremely disliked character like Setsuna against all odds and then a pretty disliked character in Rei along with character archetype that appeals to a lot of people built his hype.

Edit: and while it is very possible some of the fan boys were from reading ahead it did in no way prove anything. Because there was enough legit reasons to hype him up to begin with.

Dex-chan lover
@BrightSideoLife

You might be right. Doesn‘t change the fact that some people DID read the raws. The only other possibility would be that no one read the raws which is obviously impossible.
And people just are assholes who have to spoil it. It‘s not the first time in history...

@MangaField
But that means that it doesn't really spoil anything. Sure it is very reasonable that some people have read ahead. But the fact that the hype is very much within reason means that it doesn't reallu spoil anything. For reference look at all the Gaolang hype during his fight with the Fang. And as we all know, he ended up losing.

Dex-chan lover
@BrightSideoLife

I‘m especially thinking of the reddit threads to the chapters. There were people hyping Gensai up and next day those comments were deleted by the mods after other people (who also read the raws but didn‘t want to spoil) reported those comments. Good intention but unfortunately this deleting comments confirmed that they read ahead.

But it doesn‘t really matter anyway, since we know now that Gensai will win the finale.

@MangaField
I think it is entierly possible for Ohma to win the final. Gensai has already stated that Ohmas Demons bane would be hard for him to avoid. And we still likely haven't seen all Niko style has to offer. Not to mention the advance in combination with Ohmas improved techniques.

Dex-chan lover
@BrightSideoLife

I don‘t know. I also didn‘t think The Fang will lose and yet here we are.^^
But Ohma will die, there is just too much indicators. Maybe he can win with his last breathe, but Gensai was just so overwhelming until now that it’s hard to imagine Ohma can beath Him. We will see.

Dex-chan lover
He cannot die for plot reasons. Also: We are not on reddit, if the comments there were riddled with spoilers or not, this has nothing to do with mangadex.

@MangaField
I only see Ohma dying if he wins. It would be a very weird ending to a shounen manga to have the main character lose the big fight and just die. If he dies it will be as he is declared the winner.

Dex-chan lover
@BirchJuice
Why can‘t he die for plot reasons? The sequel could very well focus on other characters. It‘s not like Ohma was in every chapter in this manga, like e.g. Luffy is in One Piece. Ohma isn‘t a typical Shounen MC that is in the strong focus of the manga.
Also, the plot literally said that Ohma will die (the doctor said it), so....

@BrightSideoLife
True, but it‘s also weird that the MC‘s nemesis (Kiryuu and The Fang) are not the MC‘s endfight, and yet that‘s what happened, with Kuroki being his final oppenent. Someone, who hasn‘t any grudge against Ohma, nor has Ohma a grudge against Kuroki.
But I agree, Ohma winning and then dying is the most probable outcome right now.

@MangaField

I don't think it is actually all that probable. It would be a waste to set up the whole Tiger's Vessel and then tie the Fang into that plot line as well as the "fake" Niko only to have Ohma die. It is entierly possible he dies, but I don't see it happening following a loss at all.

WOOOOAAAA AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH HE WOOOOOON

Intense chapter.

AAAAAAAAH.

Users who are viewing this thread