That doesn't do anything though, it's a free market for anyone... this is piracy.
Mangadex don't moderate snipes unless they're breaking rules.
e.g. too many links, unfinished, straight copies of other people's scanlation and other, you can find those in Info>Rules

Why would you snipe from someone who does official translations for this manhua?

Contributor
Ikr, Hatigarm has own copyright and authorization with TaXue Comic.
Why must sniping them, Hatigram has HQ release although bit behind 1-2 weeks compared to Raw

Even if that was true, which most likely isn't and realistically it's more like a comission to do the chapters, considering a license for a series costs around 5 digits.
It still wouldn't likely be taken down since series like BNHA exist in this site since they're personal translation by Jaimini and not scanned versions of the english official.

Contributor
Execuse me sir/ma'am, I'm not critized you. But rather than sully your name id or pissed some of people. Why not translate ton of abandoned manhua.
In my bookmark there are over 80 title untranslated and unlicensed past 1/2 years. and at least 20 of them are nice manhua nor generic and cliche.

Except you're like seeking attention.

@towerofgod123

Filipe (Idk if you know him) basically big dicked his way in there, and told Hati he couldn't do shit to take down your chapter.

https://imgur.com/a/tm4kftJ

Edit:

Apparently this image didn't have enough context to it. Apparently Hati was "pretending to be dumb". And was very angry that I excluded context on this.

I'm here to confirm, Hati wasn't pretending to be dumb.
https://imgur.com/a/MQMbHsj

But by all means mate. Keep watching Rick and Morty.

Wew, snipers and stealers. Mangatoon steals hatigarm translated chapters and putting watermark on them. And then this happened, i know its so darb slow for hatigarm to update chapters. But still there are ethics to these scanslation hobbies/business. Its just sad everyone try to snipe popular series to gain money (doesnt mean its you if your intention is not leaning to this).

Contributor
@towerofgod123 I just thought I'd say that, at this point I'm beyond caring about the drama that happens around sniping. Personally, I'll wait to read Hatigarm's releases, but that's due to my OCD for translation consistency & the like.

But I just don't really see the point when, as @CoolOtamegane said, there are many good, yet abandoned manhua series? I'm sure that people would gladly give you suggestions if you were interested in doing some, and would be much more supportive of it.

Group Leader
hmm, translations really do look like they come straight from readmanhua's. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpLuGN5v4z4

The only hing the sniper added was proper typesetting.

@Allexio @Astraea I re-used their translation, did the sfx, fixed some dialogue to make it more fitting, and fixed some weird things, yes. Never said otherwise.
Using the translated script of a release by another scanlation group is generally allowed as long as there is a significant difference from the source release, such as being translated to another language, or having significantly improved typesetting or higher quality raws.

XL

Dex-chan lover
Me: Oh man this cool another group picking this up.
Everyone else: Drama drama drama *inhales* drama drama drama, pirates!! snipers!! thief!!
Me: Ugh... *facepalm*

I get it, its discouraging for the main group to continue their work when someone else steals all their views (do you even make money from it?). Which would then reduce morale and drop the project. There's also the donation thing which let's face it, if your slow on the release then people ain't that encourage to donate to ya.

Honestly, just do it if you want, drop it if you don't. It's a free for all since it's mostly not legal or approve by the author or publisher, thus nobody can really prohibit someone else from doing the same project other than personal ethics (i.e. not being an asshole, stealing other people's project).

Anyhow, just wanna thank people who does this for a fee or free, without you guys we would never even be able to read them.

Users who are viewing this thread