5Toubun no Hanayome - Vol. 11 Ch. 89 - My Sisters and I ②

What I got from the recent chapters is the following: Yotsuba was the first at everything, first to study hard, the first to fail and the first to meet Fuutaro. But despite all of that, all the things she tried to excel at she has failed, becoming the the smartest, becoming the individual and most importantly meeting Fuutaro again. And lastly, the only thing she was the best at, sports, wasn't enough to save her from failing school.

My heart aches for this poor girl.

Yotsuba is the most well written character in this manga

Go change my mind

@Kuuga

As @Acx mentioned, Fuu was already hired by their stepdad to be their tutor... BUT... Maruo had met Fuutaro 5 years ago in Kyoto when he found Yotsuba and Fuutaro that evening. It could be luck because it was Fuutaro's dad that met Marou and helped Fuutaro get the tutoring gig, but Marou could have then remembered the name from 5 years ago and set their paths to meet again since then.

Like I mentioned elsewhere, it was Marou that set up the coincidental gathering at the Scrambled Eggs arc. And it was Maruo that made sure Fuutaro and the Quints were in the same class on their last year.

Dex-chan lover
So...if they have to split EVERYTHING, it’s basically the author saying that we’ll have an harem ending?

@Seihanda

Actually Ichika is. Her character is the most developed out of all of them and always had her part in each arc compared to the others. It's nice to see Yotuba's story being told now but for the most part been treated as a side character up until now.

@emMeBi86

Everyone seems to want to ignore that the manga started off with a wedding scene and that Fuutaro marry's one of them even showing to the scene where the groom kisses the bride. You can't have a harem if he already marrys one of them. 😀

Dex-chan lover
All I ever want is Yotsuba's chapter, and what did it give me?
Hurt and pain.
So she feels guilty about her feeling and deny her right to love and be loved. At first I thought she has to fight an uphill battle to have a chance, now I realize, if the goal is the top of mountain, Yotsuba would be at the bottom of the ocean, and she is willing to stay there till end.
All hope is loss.

Dex-chan lover
@donm527 we haven't forgot we just wish for a happy ending with their first love fullfiled even if that means cloning futarou or disregarding the first chapter!

@Darkaeluz

Don't we wish every story could end like Claanad with an OVA for each girl with her own happy ending eh? 😃 Hey I honestly wouldn't mind that. There's not a quint I don't like and wouldn't want a happy ending... even Yot's with the classic reunited with her first friend 5 years ago scenario. Of course isn't that Ichika's story too?? (first boy fell in love with 5 years ago in Kyoto)

What I wouldn't give for one of those chapters for Masamune-kun no Revenge! Yoshino should have been best girl!!! 😩

It really isn't clear that Yotsuba is dimmer than her sisters. Instead she really likes the way people depend on her in sports and has trouble saying "NO!" Students her age can easily get overextended and not test at their potential level. Some of us have "test skills" to fall back on when we slack off. Nonetheless their are always things that can't be done well without a lot of practice. For me it was column arithmetic and spelling (elementary school), French and integral calculus (high school), not pissing off my teachers (middle school), learning to actually sit still and pay attention (early elementary school), and handwriting (always--until I'd taken hundreds of hours of notes in dark lecture halls in college). Science, Geography, abstract math, and reading comprehension were always easy for me, so I'd tend to slack off the subjects that seemed boring/frustrating.

Power Uploader
@donm527

Just a comment about Clannad. The anime was adopted from the original Visual Novel. If you've never played one, they're very non-linear (as in, there isn't one storyline from start to finish, you generally need to replay the story multiple times and explore the different outcomes of choices you make at certain points in the game). In Clannad, you had to progress through the routes of each girl to their "happy end" before you could progress past the half-way point (tragedy) in Nagisa's route. There was a story-based reason for this, but it wasn't covered in the anime at all, so it'd be a spoiler to explain it here.

So it's not so much that there was an OVA made after-the-fact to wrap-up the other girls' stories, it's more that the OVAs adapted parts of the VN that were cut out in order to make a coherent linear story suitable for an anime.
So applying the same formula to this story wouldn't make sense unless there's a lot of crazy supernatural stuff (reincarnation/time-loops) happening in the background that we're not aware of yet, like in most Key VN-based stories (Clannad, Little Busters!, etc)

Users who are viewing this thread