5Toubun no Hanayome - Vol. 13 Ch. 111 - The Last Festival - Itsuki's Side ③

Dex-chan lover
Actually i would wait until the manga is really finished, maybe we will get a plot twist.

Dex-chan lover
BAIT BAIT BAIT BAIT BAIT BAIT BAIT BAIT BAIT BAIT BAIT BAIT BAIT

Dex-chan lover
@InvinCybul
Can't quite tell if you were being sarcastic to me or not about the brilliant writing part. :) I do agree on the fact there was some sorely needed development on the Itsuki front though. At it stands I think she's still the weakest in terms of development but it's better than it was before somewhat.

Dex-chan lover
This whole thing felt like wasted potential.

The quintuplets' biological father shows up and does nothing but be an antagonsitic dick so Itsuki can have her mandatory character development. His relationship with their mom and the other two parents is barely explored, the other girls barely do shit or react despite being a massive turn of events for them (Miku and Yotsuba gave more of a fuck about the pancake shit than about this) and he fucks off without doing anything of value other than forcing cheap drama.

This is easily the worst arc in the entire manga. It outright feels like someone else wrote this crap.

Dex-chan lover
That was such a tease..
Guess there're 2 groups within the quints now.
1,2,3 in the kissed group. 4,5 in the not-kissed group.
I know Yotsuba & Fuu did kiss, but from his perspective, they didn't, so.. I don't know how useful is this information. lol

The madlads did it. They tricked themselves, they tricked me, they tricked the father, they tricked the universe. Maruo was so damn cool, bald guy got rekt.
I wholeheartedly agree with @Shimperor on their take, bald guy was a poor attempt for making Eatsuki viable. On top of it, her victory seems certain now ._.

Hmmm, so Itsuki is the bell kisser and she never kissed him after that until the wedding ceremony
I hope from the bottom of my heart that this theory is wrong😟

Fed-Kun's army
Wow, this was a lazy fucking arc. I don't like or dislike Itsuki, but she deserves better than this. The biological dad character was completely shoehorned into this volume. He was completely one-dimensional. A caricature of a total shithead. Negi ended up making Itsuki look like a filler character. Man, how much of a mindfuck will it be for the fans now if she really does win?

Fed-Kun's army
@TakeiDaloui
Yeah, it was sarcasm, haha. Itsuki should've gotten a separate arc of her own instead of whatever this was.

@Acolytus
To be fair, Miku and Yotsuba didn't know anything about this. They only learned about Mudou from Ichika at the end of the last chapter after their stuff was done.
Hell, Fuutarou knew about him since the evening of day 1 and didn't give a fuck until the afternoon on day 3 after he kissed with all the other sisters.
It's such a fucking mess of an arc and all the time jumping didn't help.

@gabeboi
For the 1000th time. There won't be a harem ending.
There's no "quotes about multiple brides" anywhere and there were 12 wedding dresses. According to you that means Fuutarou going to marry 12 girls, right?
Negi said multiple times that harem end won't happen and he's ready for 4/5 of the fanbase to be mad at him.

Fed-Kun's army
This was so poorly executed, I'm honestly disappointed.
It feels so rushed I feel bad. Mudou was an interesting character, but he turned into a comical villain who gets BTFO'd by facts and logic, and then everyone high-fives Itsuki. Yeah, he's a shit father who has no right to his daughters after being gone for their entire lives, but I wish we got something that isn't so cheesy and shoehorned into 2 and a half of a chapter. If this is the way he's used as a character development device, it would've been much better if he didn't show up at all.

As for the bride, I don't even know what to expect. I like Itsuki the most as a character, but I feel she doesn't deserve to win after this trainwreck of an arc. She hasn't developed her relationship with Fuutarou at all. In my opinion, the author did a really poor job building their affection up for them to get married.

Dex-chan lover
Started terrible, ended terrible. If this arc would fill a single volume, I'd intentionally not buy it (but it's probably not enough for a whole volume). Haven't read such a terrible arc in the whole series (and there's quite a bit I couldn't appreciate).

Now to get out of this negativity, I'd really like it if this could be the start of Itsuki just dropping out of this love/harem plot completely. I could appreciate her character way more if she would just go the independent woman route who doesn't need a man to solve her problems. Any romance feels forced at this point. Buuuuut this ain't gonna happen, is it? She's gonna be harem trope forced into loving MC, isn't she?

Itsuki was great when she told off that old bastard, maruo was cool too, I wanted Nino to get pissed at that old guy and punch him in the face ugh

Wrap it up Bois Itsuki is the bell kisser and possible the bride too,I thought meh so this is gonna be a accidental kiss and thank goodness it wasn't. she didn't want to get taught by fuu at beginning but now she declares him as her ideal teacher, she really came through

Well this arc was a letdown. Even when it will be Itsuki in the end hers was the worst arc.
But I still hope for Miku or harem

Eatsuki won by not kissing him. What was the deal with that old man anyways, he come almost two decades after the quintuplets were born, spout a bunch of nonsense and leave in defeat. There was point for that old man to be in the story.

Dex-chan lover
@InvinCybul
Ah, thought so. I agree, she should have gotten her own arc. For most quints, this series of small mini-arcs worked because it wasn't so much a massive burst of character development but more a conclusion or near conclusion of their character development up to this point. Even for Yotsuba I think it worked out well because of the snippets we have already had before this point and the full on reveal of what went down in their previous school.
But Itsuki, she didn't have that so much. We got snippets of grade type stuff in this series of mini arcs but it's not the same as having it spread out more. Perhaps I'm missing things or not noticing them properly but regardless, she really needed a proper arc. Not a mini one. It's why I'm hoping she's not the final girl, because this is not the way to have readers at least satisfied with the build up if that's the case. For example I support Miku here but at the very least there is support for the other quints in their development that can have me at least accept the ending. Itsuki, she's the one I simply can't see and from a lot of comments here it seems I'm not the only one with that viewpoint.

Dex-chan lover
9HR94Ku.png

Not my favorite quint but must still protecc

Users who are viewing this thread