5Toubun no Hanayome - Vol. 14 Ch. 119 - Five-Star Tour

Fed-Kun's army
Can anybody explain to me what's this about coupons? Because forcing someone who's dirt poor to use more money on the same things just because it's a date sounds fishy at the least.

Fed-Kun's army
@ThunderCloud The "guy pays" thing has at least a bit of sense. A man is the one who gains resources and a woman is the one to efficiently spends them. Yes, that's not how it works in the modern economy, but those are just a bit more than stereotypes - those are archetypes that go beyond social norms into the territory of instincts. And we can't change those so easily, so we still have to roll with them a bit. Just like in those times when a capable, independent woman suddenly stops seeming all that capable because she now has a guy to push responsibilities onto. That's a survival tactic for economizing resources through the division of labor and specialization.
So by paying for food, the man actually gets to show off through appealing to instincts. The problem, however, lies in the fact that those coupons are resources in their own right. Those are contracts that cover costs. And contracts and connections are the biggest way a man can be resourceful, with public contracts being no exception to this.

That's what I don't understand even with the above in mind.

Double-page supporter
Miku's face on the last page. She's happy for Yotsuba, and for Fuutarou.
Even if her own heart was broken, she is mending the cracks with gold. I am satisfied with this.

Group Leader
Mikugangwelostbutwemustsupporttheotherteamlikethegirls,alsomyspacebuttonbrokesorry.

Dex-chan lover
since yotsuba wanted to be a bride and miku wanted to be a housewife
let fuutarou do the wedding ceremony with yotsuba but get married with miku,case close

Contributor
@yozha92

Good post, i agree with everything you said...except that :

Also, as an Editor, i work closely writer/mangaka, your opinion didn't really matter to them. This is their story, you didn't have a single reason to expect them to listen to your whine.

Actually, the public response do matter sometime, when it's valid complain because the story is going in a bad way , because it's these people who will buy (or not) the volumes after.
When i say valid complain, i talk about story who turn into crap like Seven Deadly Sins or Food Wars, obviously not this one which is one of the best harem since some years, most of the people who are angry are salty shippers (i said most, some just don't like it because it seems rushed, or something).

And well, we're in a comment section, so it's ok to see people who are happy with the end and others who don't, it's always nice to see different opinions, when they're interesting.

@Urappy

Nisekoi 2.0
I don't even know how you can compare these two mangas, nothing is similar except the harem theme.
Nisekoi was crap from chapter 40-ish until the end, most of the characters were extremely bad, it's not the case here.

As someone who working on comic/manga/manhwa/manhua all the series all above industry. I don't get it why people decided it wasnt a good conclusion, your opinion is clouded by your judgement because your fav girl didn't win the war.

- Negi is in time crunch, he has family and had to ended the series in timely manner, he promised vol 14 will be the last. His manager and publisher already make the contract to those specify volume. Deal already done.

- You'd think this all the work from Negi? No my dude, the editor is also behind all of this. They try to cramp the storyline to fit and close the ending in best way possible.

- How and why this series even considered a downfall? Just because it was slow at first time, you can't do that in LAST VOLUME.

- He didn't need to address or even write finish the arc or giving closure to other sister, but he did. In his weird way, Negi did that.

Also, as an Editor, i work closely writer/mangaka, your opinion didn't really matter to them. This is their story, you didn't have a single reason to expect them to listen to your whine.

@yozha92
It doesn't really matter what happened to cause this problem. The outcome is what matters. If the quality of the story is to be critiqued objectively, then these outside matters are irrelevant. No matter how you spin it, the story in this manga devolved to such a rushed piece of shit leaving some of its characters with no depth. That's what people will remember.

Let's be honest here, anyone who tries to analyze Fuuterou's character will just be throwing a ton of darts in hopes that one hits the right target. Readers do not have a full grasp on what Fuutarou is thinking.

At this point, patting him in the back for the hard work is not bad but don't expect it to sway people's opinion of the story out of sympathy.

I'd rather he took a hiatus and then continue the story properly when he has fixed his personal matters. If the publishers and the editors cannot have that, then fuck all of them.

@lucasdei well, after that f***ing funny misunderstanding in ch. 204 (not so much one, since Morgiana really confessed, just hasn't understood yet that she was already in love), only in Chapter 314 Alibaba properly confessed and proposed and they got engaged... https://mangadex.org/chapter/85078/6

This chapter was short but fantastic. he actually did it! he said it!!!...and more XD

Very much like Fuutarou to skip a bunch of steps due to his awful social skills lol

He said it and sealed the fate of the doubters. It’s done thanks Negi you had me scared in the 1st half. 116-119 the fear filled chapters.

Users who are viewing this thread