5Toubun no Hanayome

Continuing with my thought that Fuutaro knew that there was more than one girl in Kyoto...

He can't definitively tell the girls apart... but without making the connection, Yotsuba and Ichika can trigger a memory Fuu had with the girl from Kyoto... coincidence that it's these two sisters that trigger the flashbacks?

Ch 36, pg 16 - https://mangadex.org/chapter/307525/16

When Fuutaro is spending the day with Yotsuba and see's her happy and does a flashback thinking of the girl in Kyoto 5 years ago, he says, "Haa... I just don't know when to give up. She wasn't one of them. I need to come to terms with that."

Ch 69, pg 17 - https://mangadex.org/chapter/522260/18

When talking to Ichika and she spins around and says, "I'm counting on you Seeen-sei!" and sees her smile, a smile slips from his face and he says to himself, "That was an accident. But just what was it the girl BACK THEN thinking...? No, I should just forget about it already." Ichika seems to know how to get Fuutaro flustered eh?

There could be other moments where a quint triggers a thought to the girl from Kyoto... Just haven't found them all.

@donm527
Nah i don't think he knows about it before. Fuuts thought of "SHE wasn't one of THEM" SHE "Lolikano" was not one of THEM "quints" implying he only think of one person. He thought Ichika was Lolikano (Yotsuba) because Ichika pretended to be Yotsuba back then. BUT only after Ichika's disguise as Miku revealed, he maybe thinks that way because she remember a piece of his memories.

@yotsuba428

Aaaahh!! Thanks for clearing that up for me. That makes sense. wow, for some reason I couldn't see It in that context... That she (Rena)) wasn't one of them (the Quints).

Looking at the panel of him looking at Yotsuba then to a flashback image of Young Rena, I was stuck on She (Yotsuba) wasn't one of them (Kyoto sisters??). 🤪

It may sound silly but I think for me it may have been an issue with translation/grammer... Maybe if they wrote sentence she "isn't" one of them instead of "wasn't" I may have interpreted the sentence correctly.

Anyways... As far as Fuutaro's memory of Kyoto... Only "one" girl he met in Kyoto. Yeah, maybe after Ichikas confession of being Rena after her Miku disguise fell through... He may be piecing it that he may have met different sisters back then.

Thanks.

Also the more I think about it and reread certain parts, My other theory that Miku knew who Fuutaro was already (being the boy Yots met in Kyoto) as early as I originally thought... Now probably not. Maybe the last to know at the end of last arc where I think the sisters may have cleared the air. She was just able to read Ichikas feelings the moment she saw her expression at the test of courage,

been rereading the manga and it's pretty amazing how the author is able to foreshadow and connect from so far away. also it's a plus when there's so many proper arcs (5 chapters+, with them labeled as which part in the series) instead of episodic in nature like a bunch of other harem manga.

itsuki is still a mystery to me compared to the others
we can see how the others fell for fuutarou and why they pursued and occasionally the characters themselves state when it happen; ie miku from the get-go due to his warm personality and probs everyone else for the same reason. why she actually pursued, well she was first and felt she didn't have competition. also, when maeda confessed to ichika (miku disguised as ichika) she asked him why he confessed and he said that 'you always want a monopoly on those you love' which spurred her to get more aggressive. everyone else already knew miku was into fuutarou and didn't want to interfere - that was especially the case for ichika. it wasn't until after the Last Exam arc (chapter 60) that Nino became a main competitor since she was whisked away by fuutarou. in the Scrambled Eggs arc she even confronted Miku, heck in chapter 62 Miku was mad that Nino was calling Fuutarou on a first-name basis, and hence Nino teased her which led to Miku suggesting Nino call him Fuu-kun (ch62p4-5). and because of Nino's aggressive stance, she involved Ichika to help her pursue Fuutarou, which led Ichika to be super sad and cry. And here comes the next competitor - Ichika. Yotsuba consoles Ichika and essentially tells Ichika to just let go of the brakes if it makes her this sad. Thus we have the current race between Ichika, Nino, Miku actively pursuing Fuutarou.

Yotsuba bailed out of the race a long time ago, probably ever since Miku started studying in the group (chapter 2, Yotsuba even said that Miku was in love). Reasons simple - she wants her sisters to be happy, but later on she pushes Miku the most since she was rooting for the timid one out of the bunch.

Itsuki. I have no clue what's happening with her. she's been unusually aggressive in the Sisters' War arc, to the point where she recognizes she's being bold and Yotsuba is a bit weirded out how out of character she's acting; see https://mangadex.org/chapter/591316/5
so just an educated guess here - either of two things:
1) she's legit in love with him and the reason she's aggressively pursuing him is because of her recent interactions with the cram school worker (her mom's former student), who has somewhat helped guide her on her path to become a teacher like her mom by assisting with the cram school. so maybe by being aggressive in deciding her career path, she's doing the same in her love path - see https://mangadex.org/chapter/550109/17
2) she's actually trying to push Yotsuba to get together with Fuutarou. Itsuki already knows extensively of Fuutarou and Yotsuba's interactions considering that she dressed up as Rena and everything. so maybe she's trying to get Fuutarou to remember his past, realize the feeling is not the same as when Itsuki tries to impersonate what young Yotsuba did before, and thereby have Fuutarou realize by himself that Yotsuba is true girl. the reason why she's doing it so aggressively now is because in chapter 70 Yotsuba spoke to Itsuki and was saying how troubled she was that people were spreading rumors that Fuutarou and Yotsuba were dating and that she wanted Itsuki to replace her as class rep. maybe Itsuki saw this as going too far and decided to take it in her own hands to push Yotsuba?

still have no clue why she brought the daring underwear to the Sisters' War arc. 1) that's super aggressive in terms of her character for love, and 2) not sure how that would've helped yotsuba (if my second guess is right)

So... We know there is no Harem ending because Fuutaro does marry a quint and you have seen the ceremony, walking down the aisle, and the you may kiss the bride scene.

But which quint gets married?? They all do!! 😀

Has it already been discussed here yet??... that the story ends with a quint marries Fuutaro... but the other 4 get married too on the same day?? 🤓

They're quints... they do everything together. 🤣 To me, it would be somewhat a corny ending... but then you see all the sisters have a happy ending.

Ch. 32 pg 7 has always bugged me https://mangadex.org/chapter/226705/8

Why 11 dresses?? ... 1 brides dress for each sister for their own ceremony... and 1 brides made dress for each sister that they would wear for each wedding.

I know there's an extra dress... no idea. And yes, sounds like a long day. but if that was the case... I'll call it now and say Takeda marries one of the sisters and say it's either Yotsuba or Nino 😁

https://mangadex.org/chapter/527119/7

@donm527 I also think it will be 5x individual ceremonies. The points you made are correct, but for me what really solidifies this theory is Raiha's comment "A wedding ceremony like this ... is just unheard of"
https://mangadex.org/chapter/517654/6

So taking that in context with what else we know I think it's gonna go like this:
They all walk up the isle and say their vows etc however marriage ceremonies are done in Japan, and then when that is done they will all have the rings put on one after another. There will probably be a chapter for each of their ceremonies ending with all each of them getting a ring put on at the end of their respective chapters.

Dex-chan lover
This submarine have torpedoes the size of bismarck and if fuutarou doesn't sail with it i'd rather everything sink

called it. 3 days ago:
"Yotsuba bailed out of the race a long time ago, probably ever since Miku started studying in the group (chapter 2, Yotsuba even said that Miku was in love). Reasons simple - she wants her sisters to be happy, but later on she pushes Miku the most since she was rooting for the timid one out of the bunch."

i'm getting more and more impressed on the lengths of foreshadowing Haruba Negi has been setting up (especially that bushes rustle scene between itsuki and fuutarou 50 chapters ago in chap 41. see https://mangadex.org/chapter/363853/5 )

also, the feels were way too real. reading those final pages of the chapter i started to tear up because of the payoff that was set up since chapter 1 of the manga

Oh boy, they turned on the love switch on Yotsuba. It did seem pretty obvious the reason she didn't tell Fuu who she was from the beginning.

Itsuki really doesn't look like she's engaged in the race and is supporting Yotsuba. I had kinda thought that was her purpose in Kyoto... to have Fuutaro make the link and be able to tell him that it was Yotsuba 6 years ago.

Miku wanting to go to culinary school... that made sense too.

Really nice chapter. My fav in her arc so far I think. After a confession like that, can't have her not line up along with her sisters and see who wins. Have to say I'm conflicted... Yotsuba... Ichika...

Users who are viewing this thread