5Toubun no Hanayome

@deltree oh you poor soul, you’re in for a ride! This manga is tearing friendships apart, starting flame wars, and changing opinions faster than Usain Bolt at the Olympics! Don’t read the comments, strap in and enjoy the show. I was Team Eatsuki, Team Miku and now I’m a full blown Yotsubro.

Ahhh, not a new chapter but another copy... must pay more attention.

Both groups to good enough work for me to not care about any subtle differences.

Do we get to see the cover of this current volume soon?
All of them have been beautifull but my favorite quint is Eatsuki, so im seriously on the edge of my seat here.

@neos2099 - Negi'll upload the cover onto his twitter around the time it becomes available to pre-order on Amazon Japan. Volume 11 is released on September 17th, so I daresay that it'd be in the next few weeks, or around the beginning of September.

im curious about the quints stepfather..did he actually married their mom? he seems to spend all day/nite at the hospital doing who knows what..why did he commit to caring for the quints? even tho he's not a good father figure?....i get it now, because its costly to support their living habits the stepfather gotta work all the time to pay the bills haha

Is it really needed for Ichika to stay? She already lost, at least let her chase her dreams in peace.

A big issue I have with harems is that girls are not allowed to have dreams or aspirations that don't involve the MC. And Fuutarou, simply put, doesn't have the charisma to carry the manga by himself, let alone justify why four of the five quintuplets are so smitten with him.

If anyone says this is boring, I can guess you are too used to a harem that always plays aggressively or anything that could involve endless misunderstandings like Bokuben. Or you too expect all heroines to play great in attracting the attention of the male lead in all possible ways. <- I don't know how many times I say this.

Uh, I'm far behind. I just catch up and I still like this no matter what other people say. Its development is quite troubling and biting. I like the uncertain end, even though this has unlocked many possibilities. I don't know what other people think if they focus too much on the romance. But because they are triplets, and how the drama would shift their beliefs (even though there are parts that I don't think really important), then it is clear one, two, or all of them will do something unexpected which will bring their relationship to the brink. And back to the beginning, and so on. That's interesting. Harem seen from the side of the slice of life. Not entirely from the game that started and will hurt each other as victims. There is a regret, but it will always look back on how important their relationship as a sister is.

@donm527
Narrative, my dude. From the Maison Ikkoku days, the one that starts lying or playing dirty is usually the first loser. In 5toubun, the most likely winner is going to be Itsuki because first girl and due to Negi carefully sparing her from any potential sullying, despite not being afraid to screw the other four girls. If either Nino or Miku win it will be via executive meddling due to fan backlash. Yotsuba lost the second she was revealed to be the childhood friend and Ichika lost when she tried to sabotage Miku.

Alas, if you really, honestly believe Ichika can win in spite of decades of romcom tropes, I'll apologize. But your odds just aren't good.

@Isekaijin

No need to apologize, lol... Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

I won't give away who I am rooting for 😉... but I feel it really still can be anyone. it's all at Negi's whim.

I mean just like all the different readers that post here have their opinions on who's the best girl and why and how they interpreted a chapter... Some of those people you agree with, some you think "WTF?! How did you come up with that?!" Negi could be as unpredictable as one of us... either the type you feel you understand... have a connection to his mind... and the bride will be the one you thought it would be. Or Negi could end up being the type you go... "NOOoooo... WTF?!!"... And the bride is the one you least expected. I think he's had an idea of who the bride will be from the beginning and I think it's shown in the development between the proto and bride... But maybe in the end he'll throw a five-sided die and say she kissed Fuu at the bell. 😕

Like I said, I can see any of the sisters still being the bride at the end for various reasons. In no particular order...

Miku... She was actually my favorite girl from the first chapters because I like the quiet shy girl type in the beginning but as story progressed I felt it's hindering her... and I'll be honest and say I do think she's the weakest one to be the bride right now... but she could be the character where Negi really loves her and decides she kissed Fuu at the bell. But I like the change in confidence and newfound aggressiveness so hope to see more and catch up to where her sisters are at.

Itsuki... Just when I counted her out for most of this manga, I really can't count her out because she does have a unique relationship with Fuu... Fuu's able to talk with her and confide with what's going on with Nino and Miku throghout the manga and the two have had their moments together like spending time together with Fuu's sister and when she stayed with them. And the waterpark chapter reinforced that relationship that they have to me where if Itsuki decides to say I like him, she could hold her own against her sisters.

Nino... I actually think she's recently been the cutest character of all the sisters ever since she's confessed. Unapologetic and not embarrassed to go for it and be aggressive and get in Fuu's face to be noticed and acknowledged by him it's been fun to watch. So if she wins his heart from all this aggressiveness then I can be cool with that.

Yotsuba... Quiet and hidden in the background for about 3/4 of this manga, the Yot's chapters after the War arc finally connected her story from first meeting in Kyoto, recognizing Fuu from day one in HS to now and a confession of her feelings to the readers... so, yeah... I'm ok if Negi goes with first girl that's loved him from day one.

Ichika... I like her character development and interaction with Fuu throughout the entire manga. Best shown I think here Ch. 86 Page 10 in all the little diamond panels showing she and Fuu have had their little moments through every arc.

https://mangadex.org/chapter/619757/10

She's also kinda first girl too... I'll say Kyoto girl alongside Yotsuba... and confessed to the readers that she fell in love and has been since that evening they spent in Kyoto. And even as she's quitting school and suppose to be out of the picture, she's still the main character in these chapters... what an actress stealing the spotlight! Also when she let her feelings get away for a moment and say I wish I could graduate with everyone... So I would kind of like to see her do so. So I wouldn't mind if an also-first girl in love with Fuu from first day was the bride too.

But if she does end up really leaving in this arc and not coming back, if you read these sites Negi, don't write her off being woo'd by her annoyingly aggressive co-star just to try and forget Fuu. 😰

Users who are viewing this thread